DC Movie Contest: "Magician of the Silver Sky" vs. "Strategy

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

Which is the better movie?

Poll runs till October 19th, 2050, 12:25 am

Magician of the Silver Sky
47%
Strategy Above the Depths
53%

Total votes: 64
dilbertschalter

DC Movie Contest: "Magician of the Silver Sky" vs. "Strategy

Postby dilbertschalter » May 24th, 2010, 1:20 am

Last time, "Crossroad in the Ancient Capital" won by a convincing, though not huge, margin. This week, in the last contest of round one, we have:

Movie 8: Magician of the Silver Sky

vs.

Movie 9: Strategy Above the Depths

The current bracket:

Last edited by dilbertschalter on May 26th, 2010, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Movies Contest 2013: Information Thread  Current Faceoff

"The energies of our system will decay; the glory of the sun will be dimmed, and the earth, tideless and inert, will no longer tolerate the race which has for a moment disturbed its solitude. Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish. The uneasy consciousness, which in this obscure corner has for a brief space broken the contented silence of the universe, will be at rest. Matter will know itself no longer. 'Imperishable monuments' and 'immortal deeds,' death itself, and love stronger than death, will be as though they had never been."
Akemi~chan

self-proclaimed Community Ghost

Re: DC Movie Contest: "Magician of the Silver Sky" vs. "Stra

Postby Akemi~chan » May 24th, 2010, 1:21 am

wrong poster by the way. you put movie 10 instead of 9
c-square

Shounen Tantei Dan, Dai Seikou!

Postby c-square » May 24th, 2010, 1:22 am

My vote's for Strategy Above the Depths.  A good mystery, lots of suspense and Kogoro absolutely shines in it.
Image - Get your Detective Conan bobbleheads today! - Image
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Postby kkslider5552000 » May 24th, 2010, 1:26 am

I haven't seen either...so...um...I vote for movie 8 because...the Kool-Aid Man is red. Yeah...
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
nomemory

TheElderNom

Postby nomemory » May 24th, 2010, 1:27 am

Even though I do like Kaitou Kid, Strategy Above the Depths is simply better in my opinion
my dA account

"Sick of tea?! That's like being sick of breathing!" - Iroh (Avatar - The Last Airbender)
dilbertschalter

Postby dilbertschalter » May 24th, 2010, 1:30 am

Strategy Above the Depths. Both are mediocre, but a mediocre movie that focuses on Kogoro>>>>a mediocre movie that focuses on Kid. Incidentally, I suspect that most people will have exactly the opposite opinion and that "Strategy" will be defeated handily.

"The energies of our system will decay; the glory of the sun will be dimmed, and the earth, tideless and inert, will no longer tolerate the race which has for a moment disturbed its solitude. Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish. The uneasy consciousness, which in this obscure corner has for a brief space broken the contented silence of the universe, will be at rest. Matter will know itself no longer. 'Imperishable monuments' and 'immortal deeds,' death itself, and love stronger than death, will be as though they had never been."
randompi314159

Someone call Captain Obvious?

Postby randompi314159 » May 24th, 2010, 1:41 am

I'll go with Strategy. While both were decent, it was overall-ly more enjoyable, while movie 8 had a few scenes that I liked.
3DS FC: 4081-5522-0164

Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » May 24th, 2010, 1:46 am

Strategy above the depths had an awesome soundtrack and it had Kogoro.
dilbertschalter

Postby dilbertschalter » May 24th, 2010, 1:49 am

Could this be the first time that we have two contestants one vote away with >10 votes? I doubt it will last (though this probably will be the closest of the round one matchups by a bit), but it is a nice respite from 90-10, 81-19, etc;.

dilbertschalter

Postby dilbertschalter » May 24th, 2010, 1:53 am

aaaagh.

I forgot to make a date. If someone with mod powers could make the poll have a 5 day limit that would be nice, otherwise I'll make a new one.

edit: or I can just set one. As of now, 5 days from the OP is the time limit.
Last edited by dilbertschalter on May 24th, 2010, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

pofa
Community Savior

Armchair sorcerey

Postby pofa » May 24th, 2010, 2:13 am

Uh...Magician of the Silver Sky, I guess. I meant to vote for the other one, but I clicked the wrong option and it looks like I can't change my vote.

Oh, well. I didn't feel that strongly about it, anyway.  :P
ImageImageImage

Superman = Captain America > Aquaman = Hal Jordan > Wonder Woman > Barry Allen > Thor > Martian Manhunter > The Hulk > Wasp > Hawkeye > [power gap] > Iron Man = Batman > [power gap] > Hank Pym
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » May 24th, 2010, 2:21 am

Movie 8 just because the ending was better, but the mysteries of both were lacking.
kholoudsafir

Re: DC Movie Contest: "Magician of the Silver Sky" vs. "Strategy Above the Depths"

Postby kholoudsafir » May 24th, 2010, 2:46 am

I knew you will vote against movie 8  :'(

I loved it and my reasons are:

movie 8 spoiler for there are some people who have not watched it yet
[spoiler]1- Kid teasing Conan and putting him in a difficult situation, at least it made it fun to watch
2- and please do not tell me it was the plane thing, come on we see worse in Hollywood, so why we can not accept it in DC  ;)
3- Ran's reaction has reminded me of the restaurant scene, when Conan thought he will give her courage by talking to her, she behaved unexpectedly and rebelled[/spoiler]
Every time I want to give up on DC, it manages to bring me back, it brings me back feelings I know that I will never ever feel or live again.
Abs.
DCTP Staff Hero

Postby Abs. » May 24th, 2010, 2:48 am

<3 Kid
Your opinion is always requested in Abs.' Random Polls of Whenever
kate_49

Postby kate_49 » May 24th, 2010, 3:44 am

:D :D :D strategy above depths... i like sinking ships!!!  ;D ;D ;D