[DCTP] "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives" (OUT NOW IN ENGLISH!)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Re: [DCTP] "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives" (OUT NOW IN ENGLISH!)

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Haha, I just realised I apparently forgot to save the hair on Lupin's hand XD

*quotes the previous post so no one misses it*
Jd- wrote:Apologies to those that lost posts in this topic with the recent forum move. As consolation, here are all three omake scenes on YouTube, along with some never-before-scene sprites that were later prepared by the artist but not included in the game.

Our Hidden Omake Scenes in Conan & Kindaichi DS

In the midst of working on the translation patch, we thought it would be fun to add in some familiar faces and create otherwise inconsequential encounters to surprise fellow fans with. This presented an additional challenge in that we were adding scripted elements to the game that were not otherwise present. We toyed around with this over the course of the project and eventually finished them at the end of the process. For those that missed them, are just curious, or can't see themselves replaying a 40 hour game to see a few minutes of extra segments, you can now view all three below—along with an extra bonus.

The scenes are relatively light on spoilers for events in the game, but in writing them, I wanted to ensure they were all plausible and relevant to the events of the game and suitable for the locations in which they took place. As such, there are some references to things that have happened in the game up to that point—please be mindful of this if you have not yet played the game.

The art for all five guests that appear in the omake scenes were drawn by Yuri Iwamoto at our request. She did a wonderful job, so please do thank her if you get the chance!

The videos below showcase all three encounters in their entirety. Should you wish to find and experience them yourself, do not view the videos below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucw2NJ0N5o0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_n8FsAvAJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wbx1Qn5YBQ

On top of all that, Yuri also drew some additional angles for some of the omake cast. You can see them below:
Spoiler: Unused Sprites (New Angles)
ImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImageImage
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Kurunouma

Re: [DCTP] "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives" (OUT NOW IN ENGLISH!)

Post by Kurunouma »

Whoa, I really missed a lot of exciting events happening here in the forum. And finally... it's here!!! yay! It's good to be back and nice to see some old people and newbies~ :D

Anyway, this game is another achievement to the SUPER AWESOME DCTP Team. You guys are best! ;D ;D
"I heard a voice telling me to live, embracing the loss. It's the curse that we humans must bear."

-Even if I'm away, DCTP will always stay in my heart-

cute gifts from PT
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Shobogun Lover

Post by Shobogun Lover »

I wanted to note a couple of quick translation errors; not sure if they had already been addressed.

The ring finger for marriage is the fourth finger on the left hand, but both of the options say the third finger.

Also, it was awhile ago, but I think I kept seeing 'autiovisual' instead of 'audiovisual' in the first or second chapter, or something similar to that. I just remember spotting it and going, 'that looks weird.'

I'll keep updating if I see anything else out of place. :O
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Shobogun Lover wrote:I wanted to note a couple of quick translation errors; not sure if they had already been addressed.

The ring finger for marriage is the fourth finger on the left hand, but both of the options say the third finger.

Also, it was awhile ago, but I think I kept seeing 'autiovisual' instead of 'audiovisual' in the first or second chapter, or something similar to that. I just remember spotting it and going, 'that looks weird.'

I'll keep updating if I see anything else out of place. :O
The ring finger is generally considered the "third finger" because the thumb is most commonly designated a "digit". With regard to various instruments where finger positioning charts are used, such as the violin and horn, the ring finger is also considered the third finger. I'm sure the count does differ slightly from culture to culture, nonetheless.

To the best of my recollection, "autiovisual" isn't in the script (as we made a solid effort to ensure all of the keywords were internally consistent, despite the monumental size of the script itself). However, what typos do remain we hope won't hamper your experience.

Beyond that, I can only personally suggest playing and enjoying the game as it is now as there will be no updates from here. We're content with the quality of the release and hope you have fun with it. Enjoy!
pikaloma

Post by pikaloma »

I happened to run into a rough patch, and my game won't load anymore so I'll have to start over. It's not like that's any problem, but I'd rather not keep getting stuck at the same spot. I want to say it's a bug, but I see that people might've gotten past it, so I'm not too sure.

Also, I do apologize in advance. I've never used forums much, so the font might be out of whack.
Aside from that, I'd just like to move past this. It's right after the night guard is distracted in front of the museum and I try to go in. I tap the move icon and when I try to tap to go inside, nothing happens. The top screen is also badly glitched. Perhaps I got a bad original rom?
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

@pikaloma: could be. I never had any trouble with mine. If you want it PM me to see if that'll solve your problem.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
haibaralove

Post by haibaralove »

I am playing this game ...it is fun love its plot and the case is interesting too..i am almost at last but a bomb is not defusing :( and the time is so less..but i will defuse it one day >:D ;D ;) :)
Random Reader

Post by Random Reader »

Just finished playing this game and I must say, it is OK but a bit disappointing that the most difficult part is the bomb diffusing part. However, the translators did a great job and I would like to thank them for their effort and time.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

There's a DS Kindaichi game in which there's a harder bomb diffusing part: both series seem to like to make hard bomb defusing mini games.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
rayaj

Post by rayaj »

is there a compilation of sprites, backgrounds, sounds of this game? Im also a developer of a Detective Conan fangame... Im interested to include some of the minigames in my game (since it will be possible in the engine we have created)