What's on your mind?

If you have some randomness to share that you can't post elsewhere, this is the place to do it.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Re: What's on your mind?

Post by kkslider5552000 »

I feel like it's just a goofy niche product for lulz.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

75 years ago today, a large number of tourists from Britain and the United States decided they wanted to take a leisurely stroll on the shores of northwestern France, and perhaps tour the rest of the country also. However, their right to entry was contested by the local government in what quickly regressed into a massive and rather unsavory brawl.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Legal matters, corruption in the government, the murder-suicide of Nancy Schaefer, messed up sleeping schedules, wasted time, lack of productivity are in my mind atm.

Summer looking fine atm even though it's windy.

For E3 I'm hyped for.. FF7 and couple others. There was one RPG (in name) game something that looked really neat and different. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot looked nice, the menus give me Persona 5 vibe.
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Some idiot set an anime studio on fire. 34 lives were lost, as is probably whatever work they'd gotten done in that studio on current projects.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Holy crab baskets I've had to deal with legal issues for months on end couldn't do any school stuff etc. I've written a 260 page document that has been sent to dozen places along with hundreds of individual files. This thing probably all individual pages together over time is at or has exceeded freaking 1000 pages.

It's crazy but something that must be done. Now I'm planning on taking this thing to the European Court of Human Rights at the same time (that takes years but in 1 year time we'll know if it passes). Hot dang.

I rewatched Episode ONE of Conan though. It's great.
Swagnarok wrote:Some idiot set an anime studio on fire. 34 lives were lost, as is probably whatever work they'd gotten done in that studio on current projects.
I still wonder if they will ever recover from that. another 34 were injured and will be traumatized for life along with their families. That's a massive casualty.
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

I've spent the past two days attending my sister's wedding in Virginia. It's amazing how beautiful a landscape can be if it isn't just completely flat. The two venues it was held at were both gorgeous and top-notch. I'm sure it they had to take on a lot of debt to afford it but hey that's Americans for you.
As it turns out, she legally changed not only her first name but also her last name (not to reflect marital status but to something totally random). Which is a shame because she had a perfectly decent name to begin with, and now it just sounds kind of silly. To me that's just something you shouldn't do. Your birth name is an immutable and permanent fixture of one's identity. If you can change it at will and you do, what's to stop you from "updating" it frequently when it starts to sound boring? And then one day you die but no one from your younger years even knows because you've changed your name so many times.
Anyways, the after party was a hundred times longer than I would've liked but there were good s'mores with Reece's instead of Hershey's. While I was here I also got to try blue cheese and it was actually sorta gross.
I think I'm glad I came but I'd rather not have to do this again for a while.
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Nobody will forget where they were tomorrow, September 20, 2019.

The date of the start of the "Great Ninja War", when tens of thousands of people, all well-trained and highly disciplined students of the great Naruto, will dodge bullets and storm Area 51.
Those lucky few who make it deep into the compound where the aliens live will find Nirvana and gain all of the secrets of the universe, and so become more powerful than you could ever imagine.
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

A dubious "happy" 70th birthday to the world's second oldest surviving communist dictatorship.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

this thread is becoming sad now
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

Kamite
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

Post by Kamite »

I got a new computer =D i9-9900k for the win!!
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Kamite wrote:I got a new computer =D i9-9900k for the win!!
That must have costed like a brand new car. I need a new computer as well as all my old laptops have broken one way or another (I'm using a chromebook, the laptop I'm using now is my sister's and I can't really do much with it due to lag).

I'm studying information and communications technology so different kinds of coding platforms would be useful. Too bad I can't get student loan due to not having paid off the earlier loan I got (they somehow raised it from the 2k, maybe 3k, I got some years ago to like 5k €? seriously what a scam from the government/bank...)
Kamite
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

Post by Kamite »

k11chi wrote:
Kamite wrote:I got a new computer =D i9-9900k for the win!!
That must have costed like a brand new car. I need a new computer as well as all my old laptops have broken one way or another (I'm using a chromebook, the laptop I'm using now is my sister's and I can't really do much with it due to lag).

I'm studying information and communications technology so different kinds of coding platforms would be useful. Too bad I can't get student loan due to not having paid off the earlier loan I got (they somehow raised it from the 2k, maybe 3k, I got some years ago to like 5k €? seriously what a scam from the government/bank...)

Actually it didn't. I built my computer from scratch (by which I mean in parts), which in total cost me around $1,500. If I would have bought a computer already built it would really cost like 3-4k. I saved money buying in parts, because they were on sale at the time when I got them. For example the i9 -9900k cost $500 but found a cheaper one at $400. Thanks to the store I went to, they did price matches so it work out a lot in my end in saving money.
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

The thrush lands on the curved roots so protruding/Showing no sign of weariness, its puffed chest woven with brilliant plumage/Forever young as a fresh suckling whose slime coat hasn’t peeled/It has no need of string or tambourine, but carries a jolly tune without prompt/The bird soon falls prey to a fox’s teeth, as nature spares no pity for beautiful things
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

RoboG55
Akai family... so cool....

Post by RoboG55 »

It's been a while since I've been on here! I've been taking advantage of the shelter in place orders to catch up on Detective Conan among other things.
It's a bit of a bummer because my graduation may end up being impacted, but I'm doing okay for the most part! Plus, it's nice to be able to come back to this series every now and then and see what's up.
I hope everyone's been doing well!
Just trying to stay afloat in the hell that is life..