Today's Bad Stories !

If you have some randomness to share that you can't post elsewhere, this is the place to do it.
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Kaito Lady wrote:So I have chicken pox.
It's hell. Its horrible and I hate every second of it.
Last night I couldn't sleep because of the itch and I'm sure I'll go mad because of it soon.
Have I mentioned how horrible this is?
D:
That sucks, just don't try to scratch... I still have a scar left from that...
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Kaito Lady
*plotting*

Post by Kaito Lady »

Thanks guys. I really am doing all I can not to scratch, but its still driving me insane.
In other news, you have never really experienced true pain until the day that you get blisters on your tongue :|
"Plotting since forever"
Spoiler: Fear The Wrath Of My Hammer!
Thanx Yuri for the Awesome pic :D
DCTP Forums=a place where anyone is anyone's sibling/parent/child....and therefore is the best place on earth <3
Spoiler: Write a Will, BO Edition
Spoiler: Whenever in doubt
DCTP Cat Family
My dA
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

(Not really a bad story I guess, but I don't think it's necessary to make a new thread for this.)

Lately I feel depressed over the smallest things, like not being able to go out because of the rain or not having new books to read. Well I'm not sure if I'm depressed or just homesick. Sometimes I get really existential and think I'll never amount to anything and it's pointless to try and other times I just complain about the weather or having to get up to go to school. People would say these things are trivial compared to global poverty and the war against terrorism though. But I'm not so into abstract (world) affairs.

Actually that's not really the point of this post. I just wanna say that whenever I feel very sad I check the forums even for five minutes and I'd feel somehow better. About myself and almost everything. And then I'll remember the almost three years I spent gallivanting around here and the people I met and made friends with. (I get really nostalgic really fast like I'm an old dude close to dying.) This is maybe why I always go back here even though sooner or later I know I wouldn't be able to recognize a single person here or eventually this site will close down. Because Detective Conan and the DCTP community have such a huge influence on me. It sounds melodramatic but it's kinda true. Some forum members have read my stories (they're my first real audience) and encouraged me to write more and now I'm seriously pursuing a local writing career, for one.

Okay so, here's the Bad Story: I just feel sad now, maybe? I blame OP 41.
Last edited by bluekaitou1412 on September 14th, 2015, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Gordan
Most likely DCTP's biggest Formula 1, The Beatles, The Who and cross-country skiing fan

Post by Henry Gordan »

bluekaitou
I know that kind of feeling. I got similar situation in my life few years back. I had just joined to Detective Conan World(other DC forum). And I did the same. Always when I was using PC I checked DCW. I talked to people there and it helped me through. So I think that there is always point in posts.
It's sad that DCW and DCTP will not be eternal. People change and they leave things like this. But at least we got the memory
"Why have you brought us to shelter in a fuel dump, Andrew?"
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

*hugs BK* sometimes the sad just happens. It's okay. DCTP is still one of the best online communities I've ever been a part of, and with DC being what it is, I'm sure this forum will be here for decades to come :P

Bad story: still can't stand up for more than five minutes at a time. Feet why have you forsaken me
KainTheVampire
*the Devil disguised as a mad vampire* >:D

Post by KainTheVampire »

That lovely feeling when you find out your grandfather only has at most one year left. Found this out a few days ago, but still can't get it out my head.
Conclusion: "This area is full of crap" and "It's a nasty place!"

Drawn by yours truly
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

KainTheVampire wrote:That lovely feeling when you find out your grandfather only has at most one year left. Found this out a few days ago, but still can't get it out my head.
:( *offers hugs*
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
KainTheVampire

Post by KainTheVampire »

Jecka wrote:
KainTheVampire wrote:That lovely feeling when you find out your grandfather only has at most one year left. Found this out a few days ago, but still can't get it out my head.
:( *offers hugs*
*hug* :(
I agreed with grandmother today that I'll be coming for a visit in May, hopefully it won't have taken a turn for the even worse then. Dad says that grandfather might be really emotional so it won't be like the regular happy, visits with a happily, joking grandfather, but I still want the chance to meet him at least once more. I love him

Drawn by yours truly
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

Ow.
This has been an... interesting week. Last Friday was my last day at a temp job that I really loved, and I didn't actually have something lined up for immediately afterward. Wednesday of this week I did get something lined up, but it was only a one-day thing, plus some training. This was out at one of the colleges in my city, not one anywhere near downtown, but there's a bus stop on campus so I could get there on my own just fine. Training went great, and I was looking forward to Friday's work. I had a little trouble working out where the bus stop was, though...
There was a sign at the top of the hill, but I was pretty sure the bus had initially dropped me off at the bottom of the hill. Confused, I decided to sit on a rock near the sign and keep an eye out. By the time I realized that no, the bus stop was not at the top of the hill, following the road (which curved around the hill) would have caused me to miss the bus completely. So I ran down the hill in an attempt to catch the bus (by beating it to the stop). This... was a very bad idea.
By the time I reached the bottom of the hill I was going too fast, and I couldn't catch my balance as I hit the flat asphalt of the parking lot. I'm not exactly sure what set it off because things happened so fast, but I tripped and hit the ground pretty hard. Ow. Very ow. But I stood back up, gathered the things I'd dropped (fortunately my phone was just fine) and continued to try and catch the bus (attempting to flag it down). When this did not work, I decided I should take a better look at my left knee, which hurt a lot and was definitely bleeding.
"Uh... that looks kinda bad, I should go wash it off to make sure there isn't any dirt in it." I walked a good 20-30 feet (~10m) and sat down on some stairs. There, I rolled up my pant leg (wow, that's kind of a lot of blood...) and opened a bottle of water to pour some over the injury site. A slightly closer inspection revealed that it was a pretty bad cut. "Uh, that looks kinda deep, I should put pressure on it." So I pulled out a handkerchief and used it as a makeshift pressure bandage. A couple girls came over (students at the college) to see if I was OK and if they could help me. One went and got some paper towels so I could clean off my (very) bloody leg, while the other called the school nurse. They both stayed with me while I tried to get hold of someone to come pick me up. (Dad was not answering, and this occurred about 10 minutes before Archi would be off work.) The nurse came over, took a look at the injury, and said it would need stitches. "OK, so I'm not going straight home, I'll need to go to Urgent Care first." I got hold of Archi, and the girls hung out with me until Archi arrived and I got into the car. (I was very glad to have the company.)
At Urgent Care, the doc took a quick look and said it was definitely going to need stitches, probably quite a few. Due to the position of the injury (right along the bottom of my knee) he was concerned that there may have been damage to the bone. He poked at all the bones in the area. "If I'd broken fibula, tibia, or femur, I would not have been able to stand up. I walked several feet without much trouble after the injury." After he cleaned the wound (which resulted in Archi and I learning a new medical term: vagle) he decided to send me for an x-ray to make sure I hadn't torn the tendon.
Archi probably should not have watched the doctor cleaning the injury, because that made him light-headed and slightly sick, and he went pale. ('Vagling') This triggered me having roughly the same symptoms. So the nurses had us both lie down for a few minutes and we recovered pretty quickly.
X-ray didn't find anything major, so the doc set about sewing me up (after sending Archi to the waiting room). Nine stitches in my knee. It didn't hurt anymore, though, because they'd put anesthetic into the area before cleaning it. Once the stitches were in, they bandaged it and wrapped it up, then the nurse brought Archi back in. Before I left, the nurse put a brace on my leg to at least partially immobilize my knee (bending it could pull the stitches). Then she brought crutches for me to use. I've used crutches before, but it's a little different when you have to keep the affected leg straight.
So, yeah, nine stitches in my left knee. Not fun. Now... now it hurts. And I don't have enough of the narcotic painkiller to last through the weekend. ~_~*

Ow.
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
Kaito Lady
*plotting*

Post by Kaito Lady »

Good news is that uni classes finally started this week, we are already a month late since we should have started sometime in april, bad news is that they can't seem to be able to get their act together. We sat there for three hours today without a teacher. This is the second time that this has happened. I've asked around and we(that is, my class) aren't the only ones going through this drama. I've gone to ask about this but nobody seems to have any answers besides "Be patient".
*siiiiiighs* Its really difficult to do that when you're left for 3 effing hours on your own devices in an uncomfortable classroom for the second time in three days......................

And as if this wasn't bad enough we had a dead cat on the university grounds today lying next to the path to our class.
"Plotting since forever"
Spoiler: Fear The Wrath Of My Hammer!
Thanx Yuri for the Awesome pic :D
DCTP Forums=a place where anyone is anyone's sibling/parent/child....and therefore is the best place on earth <3
Spoiler: Write a Will, BO Edition
Spoiler: Whenever in doubt
DCTP Cat Family
My dA
KainTheVampire

Post by KainTheVampire »

Okay, at school we had this group work thingie about political party stuff, I was sick the day we got the assignment and then I was told to work with this girl in class who worked alone, she told me to find out stuff for one part of the work and that we'd go through it together on Monday (It was the end of the week and we only had about one hour left of the day) but then she was sick and I was told by our teacher that I'd have to do it alone since the other girl wasn't there.

I felt REALLY stressed since I had to finish it all by myself in three days and was really afraid I wouldn't finish on time, but on Tuesday my friend wrote a part of the assignment for me since she was done with her own work which I felt really grateful for. (And another person in class joined my group, I told her what was left to do but she started on something that would have qualified as extra work if we got done early and had time over so she really wasn't any help for what was needed for the project and I really felt too stressed to argue and figured it'd be done faster that I simply do the rest without any fight that would waste time :-\)
Anyhow, I managed to finish by Wednesday, about an hour before the time limit but then so many other groups still had a lot of work left, so we got another two days (the rest of the week were holidays so we were off)

Then on Monday I worked some more on the group project, really satisfied with what I had done during a lot of stress. (Then we had a special schedule yesterday)

Then today came, and the girl who had been sick came back and read through the finished project (we only got half an hour to look through our projects today) and she immediately complained that the few sentences she had written wasn't in there, but it was local stuff about a town I know NOTHING about so I started from scratch (and I didn't get those sentences until the end of Tuesday the week before through the friend who helped me, it didn't include a source for the information she used either)
I explained carefully to her why I hadn't used the little she had written, and when she finished reading she looked at the political party's site and pointed out that my work was incomplete "This isn't in it, and this isn't in it"
That felt like a freaking slap in the face after the stress I had gone through pretty much by myself, and I told the friend who had helped me about it, saying that I felt it was disrespectful and actually hurt me since I really the best I could during those days.

Then after we quit the teacher asked me to stay behind since he wanted to talk with me, I was a bit confused since I had no idea what it could be about, but apparently the girl had overheard me talking to my friend and reported me for bullying. Saying that I had told my friend that she had done nothing for the project and talking crap about her, then she naturally added that I hadn't used what she had written but not told him the reason.
When the teacher told me this, something inside me just broke and I started crying.
I had stressed my ass off to finish the project on time, got a comment that my work wasn't good enough, AND I got accused of bullying. It just became too much. I did the best I could but that apparently that wasn't good enough, then I can't even tell my friend about it without being accused of bullying

When I told the teacher my version of it, he got rather angry and promised to talk to her tomorrow. Normally I would never trust a teacher to solve a situation like this because it usually ends up worse because some people doesn't respect the teacher, but everyone in class really respects our teacher and doesn't want to make him angry. He's a really unique combination of fun and respectful.

Drawn by yours truly
Henry Gordan
Most likely DCTP's biggest Formula 1, The Beatles, The Who and cross-country skiing fan

Post by Henry Gordan »

^ That's the problem with group projects. You need to have a friend to do it with or have luck with the partner.
And we also had that kind of teacher who was feared and respected
"Why have you brought us to shelter in a fuel dump, Andrew?"
KainTheVampire

Post by KainTheVampire »

Henry Gordan wrote:^ That's the problem with group projects. You need to have a friend to do it with or have luck with the partner.
And we also had that kind of teacher who was feared and respected
I know, I've always hated group projects. And I don't care about doing pretty much all the work by myself, it was her remark about my work not being good enough and being accused of being a bully that annoyed me.
Our teacher isn't feared, he's just really respected :P He makes you want to be liked by him and you want him to be proud of you

Drawn by yours truly
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

I ow again.
Today is Thursday, which is my normal working day. Getting to work generally involves taking buses, and I get on the first one in front of the hotel across/down the street from where I live. This sounds like a very simple walk, but the road between my place and the hotel is actually a major & somewhat busy street, with a median in it. So I normally cross the road in stages, popping out to the median while the light on that side is red, then walking up to the intersection and waiting for the light on the other side to turn red so I can safely cross. (There are no crosswalks or walk signals for that intersection.) This morning, however, I was running a bit late getting out of my house, so it was around 9:10 when I was walking down the median. Bus can be there roughly anywhere between 9:08 and 9:18. Usually it shows up around 9:12-9:15, but I try to be over there ahead of time anyway. So because I was running late, I decided to cross the second part of the road without waiting to arrive at the intersection. No cars coming, OK let's go! Only I apparently flubbed the Dex roll or something, because I twisted my ankle and down I went, in the turn lane. (There are two lanes of road between my side and the median, and three between the median and the hotel side. One of the lanes is specifically for turning left.) Landed on my left knee--the one I'd cut so badly in April--and got kinda scraped up. I scrambled up as quickly as I could because I did not want to test my luck with a car coming. Fortunately, no cars came into the turn lane while I was in the road. Two or three cars showed up in the other two lanes, though not until I was at least mostly on my feet again, and the cars all stopped. The woman in the middle lane rolled down her window and leaned out, probably to ask if I was OK, but I didn't actually hear her say anything because I just got myself firmly on my feet again and finished crossing. Right ankle was clearly rather upset, but not so bad as to keep me from moving.
The bus arrived maybe a minute or two after I got to the stop, and I got safely on, grabbed a seat, and took a closer look at what exactly I'd done to myself. Scratches on my left knee, one deep enough that it was definitely bleeding a bit, though clearly not anywhere close to as deep as the one from April. Smaller scratch on the side of my right foot, probably from twisting my ankle. Left elbow also rather scratched up. I had some bandaids in my purse, so I set about applying them. I need to refill that little container now, because there's only one left.
I am pretty sure that my ankle is just twisted, since walking on it went reasonably OK. It hurts, yes, but it didn't cause me to start limping, so I don't think I sprained it. I really hope I just twisted it, because this is the right ankle, the strong one. I sprained my left ankle on a bike rack (long story) in 5th grade, and that one still acts up sometimes.
Work was a little odd, as my twisted ankle threw a wrench in plans. Can't exactly go bowling on ouched foot. So we went for ice cream, then back to my client's place for lunch, after which we spent the afternoon watching Deltora Quest on Crunchyroll.
I am now home safe and sound. It's going to be an interesting week or two, partly because of my ouch ankle and partly because Archi's work schedule for next week is kinda crazy. Because of the holiday (July 4 is Independence Day here in the US) Archi has a 4-day weekend, as his boss apparently wants to make sure everybody gets to go see fireworks if they want.
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
Memesu

Post by Memesu »

My good laptop broke D:
Goodbye anime, manga, twitter and hellhole
Umineko kickstarter soon
https://www.umineko.us/#

Secret santa gift from PT <3
Calling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0