blackmoon wrote: ↑
December 27th, 2022, 4:55 am
Well yeah looking forward to the full story surrounding whatever happened 17 years ago. Some interesting points here:
1. Amanda is known as an "investor" exactly what does she invest in? Medical companies or software companies...?
Interesting point. There are two primary questions. Is that fact (she being an investor) is of any importance besides implying that she was rich and therefore had ties with important people? If it does, then how does it connect to the story?
Your suggestion of medical companies might imply connection to the silver bullet group, which seems like an important connection.
Or else, if software companies, then we have itakura software. Again an important connection.
Knowing the author's tendency to make retrospective connections, it won't be surprising if it turns out that way.
2. Why is Amanda attending a chess tournament? She really like chess and shogi? Or perhaps she was to meet someone there to discuss some investment business as well? We see on the table of Amanda's death scene, there is a wine bottle with ice as well as a chess board... yet no wine glasses... but certainly you need 2 people to play chess right?
Interesting point. The fact that Rum himself was present, says a lot. Amanda's main motives are under question. Since the BO got involved, implies she came as part of her investment buisness. But what exactly, would be answered by question 1. 2 people to play chess... Right. So where are the rest of the chess pieces? Is it BO's modus operandi to nicely tuck in the chess pieces inside their box? Wine bottle with no wine glasses... Suspicious indeed.
3. If Amanda died rather peacefully from poisoning, then where did the blood(?) or red paint(?) on her hand that was smeared(?) onto the white knight chess piece come from? Don't tell me it's actually from the lipstick she put on, which she used to kiss the watch and both smeared onto the eyes of the knight piece?
Interesting point. It could be that she coughed up the blood? We saw that happening with the main character when he was administered the aptx. Lipstick theory can hold water if Amanda put it on, just before the supposed chess game.
4. Who exactly was responsible for leaving Kohji all bruised up? We know all those suspected killers around him can probably one hit kill him by striking the neck to knock him out to feed him poison, so why is he all bruised, yet seemingly still alive before his death when Kuroda was there?
Interesting point. So we are talking about a fifth party to the case, who is not a trained fighter and yet can get away from the mess undetected. This person must be member of BO. But there could be a chance that person was the bodyguard of Amanda, aka Rumi. It seems she had some connection with him, so there might have been some turn of events which forced her to attack him, not to kill but to get him out of the way/fake his death/buy some time?
5. I wonder if Rumi and Kohji actually played chess or shogi together before... why else would she keep the shogi piece unless it could also be a clue that points towards his killer besides it being just a lucky charm.
Interesting point. If the piece indeed points towards the killer, then why did she take it in the first place? And what good reason to carry it around wherever you go? If it turns out to be nothing but a lucky charm, I won't be surprised.