Least favorite character

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

Which character is your least favorite?

Conan / Shinichi
1%
Ran
20%
Heiji
0%
Kazuha
0%
Mori Kogoro
1%
Kisaki Eri
No votes
Kudo Yusaku
0%
Kudo Yukiko
0%
Genta
20%
Mitsuhiko
2%
Ayumi
4%
Ai Haibara
8%
Professor Agasa
No votes
Sonoko
4%
Yamamura
10%
Megure
No votes
Yokomizo Sango
0%
Yokomizo Jugo
No votes
Matsumoto Kiyonaga
No votes
Takagi
No votes
Sato
No votes
Chiba
1%
Yumi
0%
Shiratori
1%
Kobayashi
No votes
Kujo Reiko
0%
Jodie
1%
Akai Shuichi
No votes
James Black
No votes
Andre Camel
No votes
Okiya Subaru
2%
Gin
0%
Vodka
0%
Vermouth
2%
Korn
0%
Chianti
2%
Kir
1%
Kaito Kid
3%
Inspector Nakamori
0%
Aoko
No votes
Suzuki Jirokichi
4%
Okino Yoko
1%
The dog Lupin
1%
The cat Goro
0%
Eisuke
8%

Total votes: 262
Dwalin

Least favorite character

Post by Dwalin »

I vote for Kaito Kid, since he is the only character I hate to death, because he is the most arrogant one, uses his talents for idiotic thefts, and is a pervert. I also have personal hatred against thieves since the country house of my grandparents was once burglarized.
Last edited by Dwalin on May 12th, 2011, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Re: Most hated character

Post by Akonyl »

Where's the Eisuke button?! D:
Dwalin

Post by Dwalin »

Akonyl wrote: Where's the Eisuke button?! D:
Sorry, just forgot about him. I have added him now.
PT
Community Mad Scientist
to cammel's bav we go!

Post by PT »

Hmmmm... I actually have to think about this one. :-X
pofa wrote: I have never done a single thing wrong in mafia, never one lie or act of violence
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

And all is right in the world.
breva

Post by breva »

Very easy for me :P
Tanner-kun

Post by Tanner-kun »

Genta.
doublemoonlight
I am such a fool...

Post by doublemoonlight »

Tanner-kun wrote: Genta.
^ this especially ealier chapters/episodes he causes 99.99% of troubles for DB
FANFICTION:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2489646/doublegengar05
1 Timothy 3:9- They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with clear conscience
xpon wrote: Almost all police is Detective Conan is less importance than the Detectives.....

1st Doctor: One day I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Till then there shall be no fears, no tears and no anxieties, just go forward in your beliefs and prove to me I am not mistaken in mine. Good bye Susan. Good bye  my Dear.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Dwalin wrote: I vote for Kaito Kid, since he is the only character I hate to death, because he is the most arrogant one, uses his talents for idiotic thefts, and is a pervert. I also have personal hatred against thieves since the country house of my grandparents was once burglarized.
Well, Shinichi is also arrogant and a pervert.....

Well, "hate" is a strong word, especially for a fictional character. Most of the characters are enjoyable.

I can't pick Genta, though, since I think Gosho has always wanted us to not like him. He is annoying, but the thing is - he is supposed to be annoying, that's the thing of his character. Many people forget that in fiction there are also annoying characters that are intended to be annoying. So since Genta's character is doing what it should do, I don't see a reason to hate him.

Eisuke on the other hand, I really can't tell what Gosho wanted us to think about him. There are times in which he probably wanted us to sympathize with him, other times he's supposed to be funny, etc.
But with this mix, the result is pretty horrible. So, regarding most hated least favorite character, I guess I'll choose Eisuke.
Last edited by Kor on May 11th, 2011, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonoci
Everyone's Child

Post by sonoci »

Kor wrote: I can't pick Genta, though, since I think Gosho has always wanted us to not like him. He is annoying, but the thing is - he is supposed to be annoying, that's the thing of his character. Many people forget that in fiction there are also annoying characters that are intended to be annoying. So since Genta's character is doing what it should do, I don't see a reason to hate him.
This is exactly the main reason I don't dislike the DB. I can even almost safely say I really like them. They were made to be kids that got Conan in trouble. I mean, if they didn't who would? Not to mention, Shinichi as a child wasn't much better curiosity wise than they are.

I voted Ran. It's not exactly hate, it's just out of everyone her character is wearing the thinnest for me at this point >3>
kyuuketsuki
DCTP Staff Member
Community Forensic Scientist

Post by kyuuketsuki »

There are too many to choose... My list of hatred is Shinichi/conan, Genta, Ayumi and Yamamura. And I dislike Ran, Mitsu, at times Sonoko (she can be grating at times), and Vodka (and at times Gin as well, just because his sole role is to be the main antagonist, gosho needs to flesh out his character more)
James Rye
My Avatar - The two faces of James (Black) Rye ;)

Post by James Rye »

Er...are such polls allowed at all? I thought every Thread considering hatred and bashing etc. is banned from this forum?^^;
[img width=500 height=92]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/690/request1.jpg[/img]
[img width=500 height=92]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9616/requestrose.jpg[/img]
I finally fu***** did it!!!! \(°o°)/ (PS. Thx at ShinRan36 for the sigs)
Where´s my cookie? :D
RubberStamp
ON0EZ Z0MBEEZ

Post by RubberStamp »

I'd have to agree with kyuuketsuki. I dislike a lot of characters on that list, like Yamamura, Eisuke, etc. etc. but my vote would have to go towards Genta.

I do think you have a point Kor, that Gosho probably wrote him as annoying. But that doesn't mean I have to like the character. :P
ImageNeeds moar dancingImage
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

James Rye wrote: Er...are such polls allowed at all? I thought every Thread considering hatred and bashing etc. is banned from this forum?^^;
Dwalin also did a "favorite" poll, so I don't really think he meant this to be a "hate" poll, but more of a "least favorite" poll.
The bashing threads you're referring to are usually character specific, which is why they are not welcomed.

Again, I don't believe you can actually "hate" a fictional character. You might not like him/her, but hate is a bit extreme.
RubberStamp wrote: I do think you have a point Kor, that Gosho probably wrote him as annoying. But that doesn't mean I have to like the character. :P
Annoying characters aren't really supposed to be likeable to begin with due to the fact that they.......well, annoy you. If you actually like the "annoying character" more than all other characters, then the writer must have really screwed up with the rest of the characters that are supposed to be likeable.
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Post by kentasaiba »

Spoiler: Manga
Sera. She
is the new Genta.
Last edited by Abs. on May 12th, 2011, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.