Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Shinichi+Ran
58%
Conan+Ai
37%
Neither one
5%

Total votes: 355
tanteii

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Post by tanteii »

I'm all for ShinRan.

I personally love their relationship; being very traditional and having that sense of longing for one another. However, ConAi too is an adorable pairing. They relate with each other very well.
Lazyhappy

Post by Lazyhappy »

ConanRan to be weird. Nothing like that weird old school shota pairing haha ;D.

But to be serious, nothing can beat ShinRan. I've been rooting for them forever and that's never going to stop.
CaptainKnight

Post by CaptainKnight »

dilbertschalter wrote:
AICHAN wrote:
dilbertschalter wrote: I don't really have an Ai oTp, she is second favorite character, but she doesn't seem like the kind of personal who will be successful at love or at life in general for that matter.
I understand why you think she's not the kind of girl who'll be successful in love(in gosho's world,girls like Haibara doesn't deserve love apparently,contrary to the other "normal "girls ::)) but i don't know why you think she won't be successful at life...she seems to be a very independant and resourceful person... ???

anyway,an other couple thread,which will lead to an other war between fans ::)
i don't even want to talk about them...as usual I voted for conan and ai...

I just wanna say that aicon fan aren't "delusionnal"or"crazy",as some intolerant people say...
on the contrary,we all know what will be the ending and we still supporting coai because we like them,not because it's canon...
and sorry if we don't feel anything with shinran relationship,it has nothing to do with logic ::)
I just don't think someone who had such an unfortunate and unpleasant childhood will have a normal adult life (I should have said "normal" rather than "successful", my original statement was too negative). She doesn't seem to value her own life much, if at all, as she has put herself in situations where she would have died if not for outside assistance. Having such a negative attitude about oneself doesn't seem to indicate a healthy state of mind.
That's why she needs someone who will protect and save her. Someone like Superman. coughconancoughshinichicough
Captain Knight *-ateam-*
CaptainKnight

Post by CaptainKnight »

tanteii wrote:I'm all for ShinRan.

I personally love their relationship; being very traditional and having that sense of longing for one another. However, ConAi too is an adorable pairing. They relate with each other very well.
I don't think that Haibara/Shiho actually relates to Conan/Shinichi. It maybe that they just choose to understand each other despite of their differences.

Anyway, all of us know that ShinRan is the "perfect couple" and "destined-for-each-other" or whatever. Since first love never prevails or something like that. Most of police officers (will) ended up with their first loves except of course Satou but the guy have to die so Takagi and Satou will be be together. Ran can't die! She's one of the most loved characters in DC so she can't die.
Captain Knight *-ateam-*
Henry Gordan
Most likely DCTP's biggest Formula 1, The Beatles, The Who and cross-country skiing fan

Post by Henry Gordan »

CaptainKnight wrote:
Anyway, all of us know that ShinRan is the "perfect couple" and "destined-for-each-other" or whatever. Since first love never prevails or something like that. Most of police officers (will) ended up with their first loves except of course Satou but the guy have to die so Takagi and Satou will be be together. Ran can't die! She's one of the most loved characters in DC so she can't die.
Gosho could make a little twist and kill Ran ;)
"Why have you brought us to shelter in a fuel dump, Andrew?"
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Henry Gordan wrote:
CaptainKnight wrote:
Gosho could make a little twist and kill Ran ;)
But that's as likely as her turning out to be Anokata. ;)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
kouzoun

Post by kouzoun »

Spoiler:
I don't know how people can keep up with the ConanXAi thing even thought Shinichi has already confessed !!! Also how could he possibly let go of her after who knows how long she has been waiting for him. Aoyama said that Ran will have her happy ending and we all know what is it and he has mentioned that his favorite couple is Ran and Shinichi so bear with it.
"I don't want to see her cry anymore, even if it means that I no longer have a place in her heart"
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

kouzoun wrote:I don't know how people can keep up with the ConanXAi thing even thought Shinichi has already confessed !!!
Because either they like Shiho/Ai as a character more than Ran, and/or they like the idea of Shinichi/Conan and Shiho/Ai as a couple better than the idea of Shinichi and Ran as a couple.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
kouzoun

Post by kouzoun »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
kouzoun wrote:I don't know how people can keep up with the ConanXAi thing even thought Shinichi has already confessed !!!
Because either they like Shiho/Ai as a character more than Ran, and/or they like the idea of Shinichi/Conan and Shiho/Ai as a couple better than the idea of Shinichi and Ran as a couple.
Yeah that's for sure ;) ;) ;) I hope they won't be shocked at the end of the series :D :D :D
"I don't want to see her cry anymore, even if it means that I no longer have a place in her heart"
kouzoun

Post by kouzoun »

Girl19 wrote:
Dwalin wrote: I have a question for Ai+Conan fans:
do you really believe they will get together at the end or do you just want them to? I still don't get it.
I thought we already replied a hundred times to that specific question? Oh well, maybe you're new here so I'll reply again.
As an AiCon fan, I don't believe that Ai and Conan will end up together. I'm 100% sure Conan will become Shinichi again and stay with Ran. Why do I love AiCon then? That's because they have a great interaction together, they have many things in common, they look cute together.. and so on. Let's say that I believe Ai/Shiho is a much better match for Conan/Shinichi and that I never was a ShinRan fan to start with, not even before Ai made her first appearance. Also, in my opinion, AiCon's friendship > ShinRan's love.
And because I believe 99% of the AiCon fans already know that Shinichi will end up with Ran anyway, I'd like to add that the AiCon fans aren't, as someone said before, "delusional crazies". We're not dupes or fools, we do know AiCon has no chance in the end, yet we still prefer AiCon over ShinRan. As simple as that.
AiCon's friendship > ShinRan's love I'm not sure of this. anyone who read DC thoroughly whould never share this opinion. well this post is 6 years old I'm a bit late but let me tell you that before Ran and shinichi shared love feelings they are friends and they know each other since 3 years old so your theory is impossible. All I've seen Ai and Conan doing is either teasing each other or fight the BO so nothing can confirm what your saying cause they never shared romantic moments, even if conan cared for her a bit it was because she is suffering from the same thing as him.
Detective Tommy wrote:
Girl19 wrote: He can't fall in love with her because he's already in love with Ran. But if DC were more realistic and Ran were to die (which I don't wish for), he'd most likely fall in love with Ai, then. And let's not forget that he already shows signs of affection towards her, he does care about her, just not enough because his love for Ran is stronger.
Exactly. AixConan is unrealistic. I know that Conan cares for Ai, but I don't think his relationship with Ai can even compare to his relationship with Ran.
Actually, what I meant was that AiCon would be more realistic than ShinRan in real-life. But since DC's love side is unrealistic and AiCon is realistic, AiCon has no chance to happen. And Shinichi's "17-years-long relationship" with Ran can't compare with his "less-than-1-year-long relationship" with Ai for that matter.

[/quote]
For been realistic, in Japan childhood friends' love is something really popular and Ran is the most popular character in DC female Characters so she is the one who suit him the best than Ai and ShinXRan is more realistic. well for " Shinichi's "17-years-long relationship" with Ran can't compare with his "less-than-1-year-long relationship" with Ai for that matter." I just want to know what make you believe that? Shinichi and Ran share a really special relationship that I've never seen in other manga before even though the series is not based on the romance genre.
First they can sense each other when one of them is in crisis which never happened between Ai and conan before.
second they understand each other very well for example when Ran needs help she always thinks what shinichi would do if he was in her shoes and always gets to the right solutions. Also Shinichi cares for Ran to the point to act out of character, you can see how desperate he becomes when she is in danger and it's incomparable with the cases when conan saves Haibara where we see him cool and not worried.
Girl19 wrote:
randompi314159 wrote:
Detective Tommy wrote: I heard of another dude taking the drug from the organization and becoming a boy.
I hope he has the same attitude as Ai, maybe they can hook up.
It's a possibility.
And I think I know of the person you're talking about. But I think he was just manga only or something along those lines.
You mean Generic? He's not canon.

Generic or Honda ( as 6 years old) is from DC Tokubetsu Hen ( DC special) which is not written by Gosho sensei.
Girl19 wrote:
Abs. wrote:
Girl19 wrote:I'd rather see Ai happy with another male than see her alone.
She can be happy alone too!  She doesn't need a man!  Or maybe she needs a woman!
To me, Ai doesn't need a man to be awesome, but she needs a man to be happy in the end of the story.
And please don't get me started with the yuri again. I have the same opinion about yaoi and yuri, so let's stop here please.
Every one needs to be happy even a MC. I'm sure Ai/Shiho will find someone suitable for her which is of course NOT Shinichi/Conan.
Spoiler:
Kleene Onigiri wrote: But discussions are based on different opinions. So in a forum you should say your opinion ;p ;D
Detective Tommy wrote: And you should give your opinion. Nobody will yell at you for them.  ;)
But sometimes giving your honest opinion will make you look like a trouble-maker, especially when no one shares it with you.
ersha

Post by ersha »

vote for shinran. I wish they happy together n im sure aoyama sensei could be happy ending for them <3
ersha

Post by ersha »

i confuse, why ailover really really hated to ran?? ailovers always talk about dont judge ai but they in everywhere always bashing ran. But i dont care cuz the truth the one, shinichi/conan only love ran forever n aoyama like shinran couple, base vote chara ran still be fav in japan<3
HAIBARA......

Post by HAIBARA...... »

ummmm.........its hard to decide well i like the both pairs but we all know that ShinRan is more accurate but AiCon is cute i mean where there is Ai there is always cuteness but ran and shinichi are friends from childhood, i think ai and conan's relationship is great as friends and Shinichi and ran should be together at the end
Spoiler:
its not like i am not a AiCon fan infact haibara is my most favourite character and i want it to be a happy ending for her after all those misfortunes with her but ran did wate alot for shinichi so she should get a reward for it by getting back shinichi
When your friends and you are separated from each other then a part of your heart leaves with them
MISSING YOU LIKE HELL :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Without you I am nothing but a lost soul :'( :'( :'( :'(
chongjasmine

Post by chongjasmine »

I am a ShinRan fan.
teofil0james

Post by teofil0james »

I like ShinRan at the beginning but seeing the same thing over and over again with their turtle paced love story, it made me lose interest with ShinRan pairing. But the interaction between Conan and Haibara are so amusing that I like their paring more now. They have great chemistry that sometimes I prefer Haibara/Conan interaction than the same looping love story of Shinichi and Ran. I know Shin/Ran will be the ending with so many ShinRan fans and with Gosho obsessive interest in the childhood romance stories that nearly all pairing in DC is this kind of romance. But still I prefer Conan/Haibara nowadays with their interesting interactions as well the obvious love potential of theirs.