Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Shinichi+Ran
58%
Conan+Ai
37%
Neither one
5%

Total votes: 355
leokiko

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Post by leokiko »

ranger wrote:
leokiko wrote: What I don't like: Why would Gosho hint that Shiho likes Shinichi when IT'S OBVIOUS who he is gonna be with?
Probably experimentin'/typical shounen protagonist has multiple love interests/Gosho's a meanie
I go for the second X.X
IHKF
AyuCon forever & other INTERESTING couples :3

Post by IHKF »

Oh god...

leokiko wrote: What I don't like: Why would Gosho hint that Shiho likes Shinichi when IT'S OBVIOUS who he is gonna be with?
I don't think he was hinting at that at all, actually. I think that he was trying to say that Conan is the first person to ever worry about her besides her sister, and he was the first person SINCE her sister that she could actually rely on and trust. In a way, I think he was trying to hint that Haibara loves Conan, but as a family member like Agasa or Ayumi. :)
Definition of AyuCon:
An underrated couple overthrown by a mass of overrated couples in a world of fangirls/boys who like stoic characters and Mary-Sues.

"Please be okay... Ayumi!" -Conan
Definition of MitsuAi:
Best thing ever- better than ice tea on a hot day or ice cream cake at a B-Day party.

"(to Mitsuhiko) At this moment, you are my outstanding rescuer. Thanks for your help." -Haibara

(Don't own the picture)
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

Just because Shinichi's almost certainly going to be with Ran is no reason not to suggest that Shiho likes him too. It's not really a surprising emotional response from her given her life and the way Shinichi's treated her (ie better than anyone except her sister). Besides, Shinichi's a right little ladies' man, no reason to leave her out of the Unwanted Harem XDXD

(Also Love Triangles are pretty much the only way to have drama-on-demand to revitalize love stories that have been dragged out for far too long.)
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

IHKF what type of picture is that? It's like some unholy hybrid of "oh look its this thread again" and that toy story meme.  Except drawn strangely and with a weird theme.

Anyways, come on..its pretty obvious that Shiho/Ai was/is in love with Shinichi, romantically.  I don't know if she still is mainly because Gosho has limited her role nowadays.  Don't feed me this "as a family" crap.  If you were to answer that question on a test on an SAT, would you really say she loved him like Agasa? heeeelllll no drop the homerism
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

I still hope gosho does a True Tears ending, keeps on setting up ShinRan, and swaps Ran out with Haibara at the last second :x
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

Parkur wrote: I still hope gosho does a True Tears ending, keeps on setting up ShinRan, and swaps Ran out with Haibara at the last second :x
I see... a happy ending. Vermouth's in prison, Gin's brains are on the pavement, the BO has been taken down and world peace restored, Kaito has retired for a happy lifestyle with his fangirl harem, Eisuke's the president of the US, and Shinichi and Ran are getting married.

And then Ran explodes in a shower of rose petals.

Not wanting to waste a perfectly good and, knowing Yukiko, highly expensive wedding ceremony, they drop Ai a cure and Shiho and Shinichi get married. They invent the cure for cancer together and have a bajillion babies. It was the best fanfic ever. The end.
IHKF

Post by IHKF »

ranger wrote: IHKF what type of picture is that? It's like some unholy hybrid of "oh look its this thread again" and that toy story meme.  Except drawn strangely and with a weird theme.

Anyways, come on..its pretty obvious that Shiho/Ai was/is in love with Shinichi, romantically.  I don't know if she still is mainly because Gosho has limited her role nowadays.  Don't feed me this "as a family" crap.  If you were to answer that question on a test on an SAT, would you really say she loved him like Agasa? heeeelllll no drop the homerism
XD

Not, it really isn't. XD I don't think it's love. I think it's more so just the "He's the first one to care about me since my sister" thing that everybody misinterprets as love. Every "AiCon" scene I have ever seen I have come up with a reasonably logical explanation as to why Haibara did this or said that. There are possibilities that some people tend to overlook:
a) because Haibara is their fave and of course the fave MUST be with the hero XD
b) they just didn't think about that way
or
c) they just... want an AiCon scene... XD
(NOTICE: The keyword in there was SOME.... SOOOOOMMMEEE XD)

Either way, yes. I would answer it to be more like family love if I were taking the SAT.

Thinking that she was in love with him wouldn't be digging in very deep for the more reasonable or deeper explanation, in my opinion. XD
Definition of AyuCon:
An underrated couple overthrown by a mass of overrated couples in a world of fangirls/boys who like stoic characters and Mary-Sues.

Definition of MitsuAi:
Best thing ever- better than ice tea on a hot day or ice cream cake at a B-Day party.

"(to Mitsuhiko) At this moment, you are my outstanding rescuer. Thanks for your help." -Haibara

(Don't own the picture)
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

@IHKF:then why Yukiko suggested that Ai may be in love with Conan(vol41),(not to mention that she placed Ai and Ayumi in the same situation,they were both looking at Conan)
Yukiko is a mother who knows how women works,I think we can take it seriously.

So this is not our imagination,Gosho suggested that Ai is in love with Conan,you know how people like love triangle XDDD

However Conan doesn't love Ai,we all know that.But saying that Ai never loved Conan is not right.
Now of course her feelings have changed,I guess she only considers Conan as her best friend ever.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
IHKF

Post by IHKF »

AICHAN wrote: @IHKF:then why Yukiko suggested that Ai may be in love with Conan(vol41),(not to mention that she placed Ai and Ayumi in the same situation,they were both looking at Conan)

So this is not our imagination,Gosho suggested that Ai is in love with Conan,you know how people like love triangle XDDD

However Conan doesn't love Ai,we all know that.But saying that Ai never loved Conan is not right.
Now of course her feelings have changed,I guess she only considers Conan as her best friend ever.
Because Yukiko, in case you haven't noticed, likes to screw with her son.
.... She does it... a LOT. XD

Gosho probably did it because he is a troll. We all KNOW Gosho is a troll. XD He likes to screw with us like Yukiko likes to screw with Shinichi.

Some of us see around it, others don't. XD (I can't tell you how many times I thought that a case would turn out to be THIS way and he threw a complete mind -censored- in there. D:)

But saying that she does love him or did isn't right, either. :)
And that's the way I've always seen them, really. XD
Definition of AyuCon:

Definition of MitsuAi:

(Don't own the picture)
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

IHKF wrote:
AICHAN wrote: @IHKF:then why Yukiko suggested that Ai may be in love with Conan(vol41),(not to mention that she placed Ai and Ayumi in the same situation,they were both looking at Conan)

Gosho probably did it because he is a troll. We all KNOW Gosho is a troll. XD He likes to screw with us like Yukiko likes to screw with Shinichi.

Some of us see around it, others don't. XD (I can't tell you how many times I thought that a case would turn out to be THIS way and he threw a complete mind -censored- in there. D:)

But Conan took it seriously...he was going to ask Ai after that.Conan knows his mom,he should be able to know when she's kidding or not.
There were may hints(in the manga and in the movies),but Yukiko gave a confirmation about Ai's feelings.At least this is what most DC fan think(and not only Aicon fans).
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
IHKF

Post by IHKF »

EXACTLY! If he didn't take it seriously there would have been no point in Yukiko screwing with him! XD And no, there have been plenty of times where he's been fooled by her. PLENTY. XD

There weren't hints unless you took them that way. If you look at those "hints" from a different angle I guarantee you that you'll say "Oh... hey, this is probably what she meant by this...". XD

Yukiko did not give any confirmation. Especially with the way she said it. You could tell she was yanking his chain.

Ummm....I'm pretty sure it's mainly the AiCon fans that think that. XD

It was probably just Gosho holding bait out in front of us and saying "Here, fishy fishy fishies! :D" and then dragging it away at the last second. He probably knows what his fanbase supports and that was, once again, probably just Gosho using Yukiko to screw with Conan AND us.
Definition of AyuCon:

Definition of MitsuAi:

(Don't own the picture)
Schillok
GCA UAC U AUG AUA

Post by Schillok »

AICHAN wrote:
IHKF wrote:

But Conan took it seriously...he was going to ask Ai after that.Conan knows his mom,he should be able to know when she's kidding or not.
There were may hints(in the manga and in the movies),but Yukiko gave a confirmation about Ai's feelings.At least this is what most DC fan think(and not only Aicon fans).
Yep, it is Yukiko teasing her "Shin-chan". And the readers getting a good joke after some preparation. (You realize it was a joke because afterwards that scene was never mentioned again.)

If you think about it for a bit you realize how ridiculous it is. That woman (Yukiko), who met Haibara for the first time that day claims that she is able to "see something no one else does" (no other character ever mentioned something like that). And of course she "saw" that while driving a car at reckless speed and keeping an eye on a pursuer and talking with everyone in the car.

IHKF wrote: Darn it... where are all the "neither" voters? DX
The topic had the "neither" option added later. That is why some people who had voted already before the change couldn't change their vote.
Last edited by Schillok on February 1st, 2012, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aseel

Post by Aseel »

Shinichi+Ran
I love their emotional scenes especially the last scene from the 1st movie!
Partsu
I'm always seeing the future that won't be...

Post by Partsu »

Aseel wrote: Shinichi+Ran
I love their emotional scenes especially the last scene from the 1st movie!
you dare to revive this thread?
it seems you do..I hope the war doesn't restart...
Spoiler: things
Haibara for the win!
Certified
AokoxKaito/Kid,
Shinichi/ConanxRan,
KazuhaxHeiji-Fan
ShinConxRanxShiAi-for laughs
"There is only one truth"
and no one wants Ran to know it
bastards!

Thank you briggettkylie for these amazing Gifs:
Spoiler: gifs
ImageImage
angelranchan
A Ran Mouri Fan & a Crazy Intruder/Interuptor >:D

Post by angelranchan »

^ you too..and me too
IHKF wrote:
I feel that most ShinRans and AiCons are only fans because it's the popular choice or they're fans of Ran and/or Haibara... or they think they're like Ran and/or Haibara and want to be with Conan/Shinichi.
(Notice how I said MOST, and not ALL.)
no..its because shinran capture the hearts of their fans..and aicon too...

chillax..end