What manga you wish had an anime adaptation?

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Borealis

Re: What manga you wish had an anime adaptation?

Post by Borealis »

Until Death Do Us Part.
And all the mangas it has crossovers with.
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
Silverdoe-chan

Post by Silverdoe-chan »

Piano no mori! Although they made a movie of it once (a pretty excellent movie too), they didn't cover the newer chapters, which are just as good!
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

I wouldn't wish to see animated insects and such else I would have choosen 7 Seeds... but thinking of that brought out my hope for a Basara one... I know they did one before but it was short-lived one 13 episode season..... which doesn't do justice to the story at all.   They may have to modernise it a bit else it may turn into something of a cult thing which will lead to another demise. So many good anime prospects bite the dust or never see the light of day due to ratings... it is sad to say the least.
ddrober2003

Post by ddrober2003 »

Well like others said, Pokemon Special would be kind of cool. I would also like to see Rin-ne(or whatever its called in Japan) released in anime form. Though I imagine once it gets far enough in the manga volumes they will release an anime of that....at least I keep telling myself that.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

I feel that Gakuen Alice and Fruits Basket need something like HunterXHunter 2012 to happen for these ones as well... These really deserve siad justice done to them... what do you think? Am I just the only one thinks so?
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

Dawn wrote: I feel that Gakuen Alice and Fruits Basket need something like HunterXHunter 2012 to happen for these ones as well... These really deserve siad justice done to them... what do you think? Am I just the only one thinks so?
Only shounun shows or shows that had massive popularity ever get the HxH/DBZ/Sailor Moon treatment
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

Fruits Basket needs a second anime, FMA-style. One with the weird AO ending, and then a good one with the manga plot (which is so heartwrenching and awesome that if it was set to music I would cry forever and love it).
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

I could not agree more with what both of you have stated.... I really think the way manga/anime is handled has to be restructured in some way. Yes, they should continue taking advantage of the popular manga, but shouldn't cut them off at the first sign of troubled ratings & the dillema of the anime havin to make it's own ending (after trying useless fillers) for lack of manga to work with. it's not a easy thing to do but their years of knowledge of this should be used to this avantage... or @ least you wouls think so, no?  Look at hanakimi it was made in to a drama years after the manga had been completed... but don't me started on drama remakes, sigh.
Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

It's probably a lot to do with people's predictions. If a manga seems successful and would be good money, companies probably have to secure a contract or whatever before anyone else does. If they then catch up they've either got to make fillers or attempt an AO ending. Probably depends on the ratings on which they think is better value for money. However, in the case of losing ratings, it's costing companies money to produce anime and so if it can't be kept up for too long (or their predictions say they're unlikely to regain enough viewers to make it worth it) they have to cancel.
It's a business. While fans may not like it, most companies are just going by what they think will benefit *them* best :-\.
Terry Pratchett wrote: The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.
Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

Dawn wrote: I could not agree more with what both of you have stated.... I really think the way manga/anime is handled has to be restructured in some way. Yes, they should continue taking advantage of the popular manga, but shouldn't cut them off at the first sign of troubled ratings & the dillema of the anime havin to make it's own ending (after trying useless fillers) for lack of manga to work with. it's not a easy thing to do but their years of knowledge of this should be used to this avantage... or @ least you wouls think so, no?  Look at hanakimi it was made in to a drama years after the manga had been completed... but don't me started on drama remakes, sigh.
that's not how it works, tv ratings are completely irrelevant in japan for non long running shows, what matters in the end is DVD/BD sales, if those are bad, the anime won't continue unless the production studio puts very little money into the production at all, tv ratings only matter for long running things like naruto/one piece/fairy tail and things like that, that's why bleach got it's anime cut off due to abysmal tv ratings
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

honestly from what I understand there's been improvement in the past few years to avoid more Kenshin/Tsubasa level disasters for filler and endings with actual stories from the mangaka. I mean, that's apparently what the new Hayate season is and One Piece has done that a couple of times at least.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
aly_angelflight
Get that squirrel!

Post by aly_angelflight »

Vylash wrote:
Dawn wrote: I could not agree more with what both of you have stated.... I really think the way manga/anime is handled has to be restructured in some way. Yes, they should continue taking advantage of the popular manga, but shouldn't cut them off at the first sign of troubled ratings & the dillema of the anime havin to make it's own ending (after trying useless fillers) for lack of manga to work with. it's not a easy thing to do but their years of knowledge of this should be used to this avantage... or @ least you wouls think so, no?  Look at hanakimi it was made in to a drama years after the manga had been completed... but don't me started on drama remakes, sigh.
that's not how it works, tv ratings are completely irrelevant in japan for non long running shows, what matters in the end is DVD/BD sales, if those are bad, the anime won't continue unless the production studio puts very little money into the production at all, tv ratings only matter for long running things like naruto/one piece/fairy tail and things like that, that's why bleach got it's anime cut off due to abysmal tv ratings
To be exact... if it's aired on prime time TV (something like 7AM-8PM), ratings hold power since TV ads are what's pulling the show's weight. However, most anime are shown around the 10PM-3AM time slot (which obviously has sucky view ratings), so the producers have to rely on DVD/BD sales.

...and the new HnG season didn't need to go farther down the timeline compared to the manga in first place, so that shouldn't count as "sucky filler avoidance". ^^;
"I suppose he could have changed. I myself have noticed my growing resemblance to a daffodil.”
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9258-9521
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

aly_angelflight wrote:
Vylash wrote:
Dawn wrote: I could not agree more with what both of you have stated.... I really think the way manga/anime is handled has to be restructured in some way. Yes, they should continue taking advantage of the popular manga, but shouldn't cut them off at the first sign of troubled ratings & the dillema of the anime havin to make it's own ending (after trying useless fillers) for lack of manga to work with. it's not a easy thing to do but their years of knowledge of this should be used to this avantage... or @ least you wouls think so, no?  Look at hanakimi it was made in to a drama years after the manga had been completed... but don't me started on drama remakes, sigh.
To be exact... if it's aired on prime time TV (something like 7AM-8PM), ratings hold power since TV ads are what's pulling the show's weight. However, most anime are shown around the 10PM-3AM time slot (which obviously has sucky view ratings), so the producers have to rely on DVD/BD sales.

...and the new HnG season didn't need to go farther down the timeline compared to the manga in first place, so that shouldn't count as "sucky filler avoidance". ^^;
I was really thinking that it is the manga ratings that causes the rise/downfall of an anime... i.e. the possibilities of a second season and the nill possibility of a completed manga ever turing into an anime regardless of how it rated while it was running.... (probably having stiff competition thus not having the chance at an anime at the  time it was running)...........

You get what I mean, I hope.

It would be better if the anime version planned everything out better and discussed things directly with the mangaka so the timelines and such would result in far less fillers and somehow stirke away from AO endings altogether. Businesses could still bid on the popular manga but stall the anime a bit and then plan around the mangaka's timelines with reasonable fillers and a timely ending.

I can take this argument further.... as I don't like how manga are cut almost in their prime just due to a dip in ratings.... you all can probably account for more manga this has happened to than me.... but this is what I mean they need fresh eyes with the aid of seasoned experience to come up with a solution that doesn't disappoint the populace as much as it does right now.

Is it really an impossible dream to want a reasonably popular completed manga you loved to turn into an anime... to want you favavorite reasonably popular manga to continue to reasonably well thought out endings instead of an abrupt ending with loose ends still hanging.... to want your favourite reasonably popular anime to follow the manga conterpart till the end? You tell me.

Anyhow, I have digressed off topic so let me getback on it as well.... I'd like to see Skip Beat's next season and it's sister Tokyo Crazy Paradise as an anime if such things were possible.
Last edited by Dawn on December 15th, 2012, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirSigma
The Human

Post by SirSigma »

My wish came true.

There's an anime studio already working on "It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular", so I can't wait to see that.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

A Chrno Crusade remake would be nice