I'm Currently Watching...

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Gamma

Re: I'm Currently Watching...

Post by Gamma »

I've only been trying to catch up to the 2nd season of Sangatsu no Lion (Damn, I'm always so late). That just reminded me that I still haven't finished the last 10 episodes of BnHA s2...
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

kkslider5552000 wrote:Little Witch Academia, 9 episodes in, is dangerously close to being one of my favorite anime ever. Why can't all episodic anime be this good?
14 episodes in, y'all are sleeping on this. It's like Netflix paid to make it less relevant, that's my only explanation at this point.

By "y'all", I mean literally anyone that likes animated series of any sort.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
eros1607

Post by eros1607 »

Watching Mobile Suit Gundam right now, just to know how Gosho screw us over with the whole Gundam thing. However, with a show came from 1979, it is pretty great.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

eros1607 wrote:Watching Mobile Suit Gundam right now, just to know how Gosho screw us over with the whole Gundam thing.
Why, you make it sound like a long term mystery plot being entirely unraveled as long as you know what Gundam character they're referencing, is a bad idea or something!

No, clearly more writers need to do this. Like if you want a character to be a Batman analogue, clearly instead of building that up in clever ways for the audience to figure out before the reveal, it would be far more satisfying if he was named Wruce Bayne! That would add so much to it!
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Urusei Yatsura. 33 episodes in, at a pace of 3 a week, so that it'll last me until early 2019.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Rewatching HunterxHunter now that the manga is back for a couple of chapters again. I'm interested in what Kurapika is going to do when he sees the spiders. He has the same goal as Hisoka but I'm not sure if he would team up with him... Tserriednich and the King are going to factor in too...
Hoshi, tantei-chan
Someone with the strength to cover our weaknesses

Post by Hoshi, tantei-chan »

About to finish Made in Abyss and it has been a great ride.
Passing by
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Hoshi, tantei-chan wrote:About to finish Made in Abyss and it has been a great ride.
I sort of agree, but there's one thing that bugs me:
Spoiler:
In what I think was episode 4 or 5, Riko passed out and vomited after being rapidly lifted up by the voice-mimicking creature about a hundred feet up or so. However, it didn't take her too long to recover from such. Furthermore, in either episode 5 or 6 whenever she went up the elevator, the same thing sort of happened, but this time she got better without having to go back down first.
In short, everything that I've seen so far (episode 7) would seem to suggest that it is possible to go past the 6th layer and then return to the surface alive, even avoid any serious injury or sickness in the process, as long as you make your ascent very slowly. The whole concept, in fact, very closely resembles decompression sickness, which is dealt with in the exact same manner as described above.
Hoshi, tantei-chan
Someone with the strength to cover our weaknesses

Post by Hoshi, tantei-chan »

Swagnarok wrote:
Hoshi, tantei-chan wrote:About to finish Made in Abyss and it has been a great ride.
Spoiler:
In what I think was episode 4 or 5, Riko passed out and vomited after being rapidly lifted up by the voice-mimicking creature about a hundred feet up or so. However, it didn't take her too long to recover from such. Furthermore, in either episode 5 or 6 whenever she went up the elevator, the same thing sort of happened, but this time she got better without having to go back down first.
In short, everything that I've seen so far (episode 7) would seem to suggest that it is possible to go past the 6th layer and then return to the surface alive, even avoid any serious injury or sickness in the process, as long as you make your ascent very slowly. The whole concept, in fact, very closely resembles decompression sickness, which is dealt with in the exact same manner as described above.
Spoiler:
I'm not sure of the length of her recovery but it is important to note that they were only at the 2nd level at that time and the effects only get worse from there. Correct me if I'm wrong but is the elevator you're pertaining to the one in the seeker camp? If so, I believe it was stated that the curse is weak around the area like Nanachi's house. In spite of all these, I also think that it is possible to return from the lower layers if the landscape would allow such a slow ascent.
Passing by
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

kkslider5552000 wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:Little Witch Academia, 9 episodes in, is dangerously close to being one of my favorite anime ever. Why can't all episodic anime be this good?
14 episodes in, y'all are sleeping on this. It's like Netflix paid to make it less relevant, that's my only explanation at this point.

By "y'all", I mean literally anyone that likes animated series of any sort.
19 episodes in, your reminder that everyone should still watch it.

Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Has anybody here seen Re:Creators? Is it good, or is it trash, or somewhere in between?
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Hoshi, tantei-chan wrote:
Swagnarok wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I'm not sure of the length of her recovery but it is important to note that they were only at the 2nd level at that time and the effects only get worse from there. Correct me if I'm wrong but is the elevator you're pertaining to the one in the seeker camp? If so, I believe it was stated that the curse is weak around the area like Nanachi's house. In spite of all these, I also think that it is possible to return from the lower layers if the landscape would allow such a slow ascent.
Spoiler:
Oh man, that deal with Mitty was effed up. I didn't expect it to take such an extremely dark turn those last four episodes.
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Swagnarok wrote:Has anybody here seen Re:Creators? Is it good, or is it trash, or somewhere in between?
No actual spoilers, but my opinion might ruin your experience.
Spoiler:
There's nobody who actually thinks Re:Creators is trash. I do believe some people expected a fight-intense action ending, and this might have left them disappointed.
For me, the first half (10 eps or so) went really slow, but there were lots of character introductions and development. I really liked the second half, especially the ending.
Maybe I'm wrong (it's been a while since I've seen Re:Creators), but: if you're a fan of shounen, you may not like it. If you're a fan of psychological anime, I think you'll like it.
Nevertheless, very creative and unique concept behind the story, worth the watch only for that.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

I'm two episodes/movies into Kara no Kyoukai. This is some weird ****. I'm liking it so far.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

I'm watching Re:Zero and have probably died as many times as Subaru :V