What manga did you last read/ are you currently reading?

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
johnson83

Re: What manga did you last read/ are you currently reading?

Post by johnson83 »

My Home Hero / The Promised Neverland / Nanatsu no Taizai / AJIN / Final Fantasy: Lost 918 kiss / Boku no Hero Academia / One Punch Man
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

The Promised Neverland is picking up again.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Chapter 377 of Hunter x Hunter :o :o :o :o
Memesu

Post by Memesu »

k11chi wrote:Chapter 377 of Hunter x Hunter :o :o :o :o
Help me I'm dead.
Umineko kickstarter soon
https://www.umineko.us/#

Secret santa gift from PT <3
Calling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

k11chi wrote:The Promised Neverland is picking up again.
Same here.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Finished reading JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 6: Stone Ocean. That's the craziest part so far but I must say that staying in the prison the whole time and then just escaping to go after Pucci... Does not fit. The part had a really strong start to it but then I dropped it for like a year until now I picked it up again to finish. The stands themselves were insane, doubt anything like that will be in any other shounen series ever, the time manipulation ability of the FV and all those forms like the green child just were not that well handled despite their insane potential...

The ending is very crazy, you can't guess it but I think I prefer part 5 in most things because it's an adventure while this is more limited... Maybe part 6 was too long for its setting as JoJo doesn't really have any actual story to flesh out in the chapters, the author spends alot of time coming up with how he handles stands. And whatever story it tried to have just felt unnatural all the time.
Didn't really like the Dio flashbacks either. Pucci was meh.
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Angel Sanctuary. As of the time of writing I'm 110 out of 120 chapters through it.

A product of the 1990s, its artwork quality rivals or even outpaces that of many far newer works, recent chapters of DC included. It's a saga of God, angels, demons, and an ultra-generic shounen protagonist Mary Sue, played out on a cosmic scale. If I were to try to describe it in one sentence it'd be "the better, R-Rated version of Yu-Yu Hakusho".

I would definitely recommend this, but at the same time I'm mindful that Angel Sanctuary isn't for everyone. If you're a devout believer, it may come across as far, far more sacrilegious than you can reasonably bring yourself to put up with. Myself from just a few years ago would've put this down after just a couple of chapters, or even just chapter 1.
In addition the, um, pre-existing ties between the main hero and the main heroine (Setsuna and Sara) will make a lot of readers uncomfortable. And they're quite up-in-your-face about it, especially for the first 20 chapters. I personally didn't have a problem with it and you might not, but I understand why it'd be a huge turnoff for many people.
(Stay away from the OVA though. The OVA's trash.)

Characters I strongly liked:
Zaphikel, Rosiel, Kurai, Mad Hatter, Raziel,

Moderately Liked:
Kato, Sara, Katan, Ruri (should've played a much bigger role in story), Metatron

Ambivalent:
Setsuna, Arachne, Kira, Uriel, Kirie, Boyz & Noyz, Raphael, Mika

Moderately Disliked:
Sandalphon, Alexiel

Strongly disliked:
Sevothtarte
KingWilson

Post by KingWilson »

DC, also i just recenlty read this chapter too
jordan252

Post by jordan252 »

I am currently reading manga right now is solo leveling.
Angra Shadow
You might remember me as Uchiha Shadow, seems like that account is lost forever now because I can't recover the email for it.

Post by Angra Shadow »

The last thing I finished reading was the Jujutsu Kaisen Manga, now I'm slowly going through Shaman King while keeping up with the Anime.
Used to be Uchiha Shadow :)