Digimon Adventure Tri.

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Post by Nemomon »

My opinion about Tri #2:
Spoiler:
- They wasted four episodes just to show Meicoomon turning evil.
- Other than that, nothing really happened there.
- I thought Leomon will die out of a heart attack.
- And he indeed died, killed by his lover. Well, a good tradition is a good tradition indeed...
- And this is the quickest Leomon's death. Even Leomon from Tamers lasted longer...
- It's nice to see Kaiser again, and I'm not sure whether he is a positive or a negative character in this story. From one side he looks like an evil character (watching Ogremon destroying the Village of Beginnings, kidnapping Meicoomon), from the other side he looks like a good character (releasing Meicoomon, sending the E-Mail to Koushirou and Princess Hime). It was like Kaiser wanted that characters to evolve to their Mega levels. And that mail... among all of the characters, he was the one who tasted the darkness the most so he surely knew the exact meaning of that E-Mail...
- It was nice to see Imperialdramon and its mode change. I kinda hoped we will see the Paladin Mode too. However, considering the power level of Imperialdramon Fighter Mode, he shouldn't be beaten by Rosemon and Vikemon.
- Takeru had at least 3 different hats (if not four).
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

I'll probably wait until summer when my sis comes back and watch that, the next 4 episodes should be out by then.
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

The next Tri episodes should air sometime during September.
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

Happy Belated Odaiba Memorial Day!

For people who don't know, it is the day when Taichi and the rest of the gang went to the Digital World for the first time.
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Heh, they made five movies? I thought Digimon Adventure Tri was just gonna be one. Interesting.
I watched the original (albeit in the English dub) a few years back and I thought it was just about the greatest thing ever. Not sure if I'd feel the same way now, but nonetheless I think I'd like to give Tri a try (no pun intended).
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

Swagnarok wrote:Heh, they made five movies? I thought Digimon Adventure Tri was just gonna be one. Interesting.
I watched the original (albeit in the English dub) a few years back and I thought it was just about the greatest thing ever. Not sure if I'd feel the same way now, but nonetheless I think I'd like to give Tri a try (no pun intended).
Tri has not ended yet. There will be six movies in notal, and so far only four were released. Fifth will be released in 2 months, and the last one no one knows yet when.

The original was pretty good, and had a pretty solid plot. Tri tries to go back to it (almost completely ignoring the Zero Two), but people have different opinions about how good is it. I like Tri, but it isn't something exceptional. Still, it is pretty watchable and people can still make theories about it. The good part about it is that You don't really know who works for whom because they all are same evil, even that faction that should represent the Good. Two of the biggest entities in Tri are also pretty well known, one of them appears even in Digimon Adventure, and the second one in several other franchise, like Savers, Chronicle or Next, so the war is between well known entities, and neither new one is created.

BTW, in the meantime another Digimon anime was created, and already is almost ending. It is called Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters. It is also worth watching.
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

Today a next batch of episodes aired.