DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby Spimer » April 26th, 2019, 6:54 pm

Again, this a forum, not a chatroom. Don't expect instant answers and even less order others around as if we're here to please you.

You have been warned.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Tangentially

Postby Tangentially » May 12th, 2019, 6:36 pm

Hello DCTP Forum members,

What episode is this from?

Spimer

Postby Spimer » May 13th, 2019, 10:24 am

I could be wrong, but from the art style and the clothes, I think it's one of the movies past Movie 6.

If anyone else has any idea of where they are from, feel free to correct me.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » May 15th, 2019, 1:52 am

That image is from Movie 12: Full Score of Fear.

After comparing it to this image from the Movie 12 gallery on the DCW wiki, I'm sure of it:
https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wik ... 31s208.png
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Spimer

Postby Spimer » May 16th, 2019, 8:09 am

Thanks, DC Universe Aficionado.

So my guess that it was a movie was correct, then.
nejaguw

Postby nejaguw » May 26th, 2019, 1:57 pm

Hello everyone. Just some questions here.
1) Sorry for the obvious question. But is it true that the series of Detective Conan is still ongoing as of today 26/05/2019 onwards? Do we really get a new manga chapter and anime episode every single week?
2) Do the manga chapter and anime episode that get released is totally new for everyone on the planet and also stay with the series forever?
3) When do the new chapters (both official and scanlation), episodes, volumes and DVDs get released?
4) Do the scanlation chapters get released before the official ones?
Swagnarok

Postby Swagnarok » May 26th, 2019, 3:23 pm

nejaguw wrote:Hello everyone. Just some questions here.
1) Sorry for the obvious question. But is it true that the series of Detective Conan is still ongoing as of today 26/05/2019 onwards? Do we really get a new manga chapter and anime episode every single week?
2) Do the manga chapter and anime episode that get released is totally new for everyone on the planet and also stay with the series forever?
3) When do the new chapters (both official and scanlation), episodes, volumes and DVDs get released?
4) Do the scanlation chapters get released before the official ones?

Hey there new user. Always nice to have a fresh face around here. I'm not the most qualified person to be answering these questions, but here's to a relatively speedy response:

1. Both the Detective Conan anime and manga are still ongoing as of this time of writing. The anime airs new episodes weekly (except when it doesn't, in which case it sometimes does re-airings of old episodes), whereas the manga only releases new chapters sporadically. The next manga chapter is slated for release on June 12.
2. All manga chapters are canon, whereas *most* anime episodes are not, the exception being those anime episodes based on manga chapters. The same material is available for everyone on earth via the internet. (Not sure whether that satisfactorily answered your question.)
3. See my answer to #1. I have no clue about DVDs, but official manga volumes can be purchased in bookstores or online, and the "detectiveconanworld" wiki has information as to the release dates for such volumes, for both the original Japanese and English editions.
4. Sometimes there'll be spoilers for official chapters before release, and these spoilers will be posted and crudely translated on various parts of the internet. However, generally speaking the full scanlations do not appear until after the official release of the full chapters. Please note in the future that asking about scanlations is against site rules.

Hope that helped.
Spoiler:
Unshackled lycanthrope as I am, only my appetite matters
I'm numb to all but this overwhelming sense of satisfaction
Leaning back my head to rest, letting my feral eyes nod off
My pants stained by the scarlet trickle leading from the body
My heart stops beating, and the razor thin tightrope snaps
Helplessly I plunge headfirst into the wrong side of eternity
My cup runneth over with bad karma, the pressure building
I will never escape the piercing glare of their lavender eyes

My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
lucy123

Postby lucy123 » June 1st, 2019, 8:25 pm

1) Could someone please convince the admin to create new threads only to discuss single manga chapters instead of many of them?
2) Could someone please create a picture with all of the volume covers of the series and post it somewhere?
Spimer

Postby Spimer » June 2nd, 2019, 5:42 pm

1) No. One-chapter threads are pointless and take up too much space. Making a thread for the whole case makes more sense to compile all hints / speculation / theories about case solution / plot progression. This formula has worked well for many years and we're not going to change it on a whim.

2) There's probably an image online somewhere, try searching for it.

Also, this thread is mainly to ask questions about the franchise.

For issues & suggestions you should use the thread located in the "Support" section.