FuN ArT - Detective Conan Movies DVD covers by Psykotaku78

Forum reserved for any fan-fiction, fan-art, AMVs or the like that you feel the need to post.
psykotaku78

FuN ArT - Detective Conan Movies DVD covers by Psykotaku78

Postby psykotaku78 » April 7th, 2008, 7:47 pm

Hi, all of you! I want to share with you this project which I started several months ago. I am planning to create a DVD cover for every Detective Conan Theatrical Movie existing and I'm on the way ;D It's almost finished, but not completely yet. :D

It's fan-art too, in some way. I know, there aren't drawings but there is a hard photoshop work behind each of them...^^u. By the moment I'll only post here screen captures about my creations.

Hope you like, people :)

6th movie DVD cover "The Phantom of Baker Street"

DVD cover

DVD label

Thanx for visiting my post!  ;)   
Last edited by psykotaku78 on April 7th, 2008, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Re: FuN ArT - Detective Conan Movies DVD covers by Psykotaku

Postby GinRei » April 7th, 2008, 8:06 pm

Holy crap that's nice.  Only thing I personally don't like is the spine, since I prefer it read from top to bottom, rather than bottom to top.  That's how all my other DVDs are at least.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » April 8th, 2008, 2:29 am

That is really good; nice job.
Aluecard

yes it is true ~ for Alue

Postby Aluecard » April 8th, 2008, 2:24 pm

DAM THAT SUM POHOTO SHOP SKILLS  U GOT MAN  100% if u not say you made it i wud have thot it wus real one
1980-2011/3
R.I.P
psykotaku78

Postby psykotaku78 » April 8th, 2008, 7:16 pm

GinRei wrote:Holy crap that's nice.  Only thing I personally don't like is the spine, since I prefer it read from top to bottom, rather than bottom to top.  That's how all my other DVDs are at least.

Could be. But I have DVD commercial cases (buyed) with the letters from bottom to top and others where the letters are from top to bottom. Is something strange... But, thanx for the comments. To all of you, really.   

OK, time to a new DVD cover. This is 7th movie DVD cover, Crossroad in the Ancient Capital. Hope you like as my previous one. Enjoy!

DVD Cover

DVD label ( 2 versions )

version 1

version 2 ( more simple )

C ya!  ;)

Julep7

DCTP is the best!!

Postby Julep7 » April 8th, 2008, 7:42 pm

I really like the 6th Movie DVD cover, but the 7th is awesome!!! You truly did an amazing job! *Can't take my eyes of it  ;)

As for the DVD labels for the 7th movie, I prefer the first version just because it's cute =D

psykotaku78 wrote:
GinRei wrote:Holy crap that's nice.  Only thing I personally don't like is the spine, since I prefer it read from top to bottom, rather than bottom to top.  That's how all my other DVDs are at least.

Could be. But I have DVD commercial cases (buyed) with the letters from bottom to top and others where the letters are from top to bottom.

I like the bottom to top (left to right) better than the other way, however it doesn't really matter. I take it either way  hehe
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » April 8th, 2008, 9:12 pm

Wow, you're awesome at this :P.

I anxiously await movie 5--my favorite.
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » April 8th, 2008, 10:04 pm

I love these, but a request:

Is it possible to get these properly upscaled (usually easiest with original source) to be 3225 x 2156?  These are the dimensions of a standard DVD case, when printed directly rather than having the printer "scale it to page".  I've been doing this with my various Gamecube and Wii games and custom covers for them.  Also, 300dpi is always good for resolution.

When I tried to upscale Movie 7's myself, the back got rather blurred.  Also, since your movie 6 was so great, could you post that one too (without the other stuff in the pic, like you did Movie 7's)?
Aluecard

Postby Aluecard » April 9th, 2008, 12:19 am

OMG MAN  your  2 good this  THING PWN S
1980-2011/3
R.I.P
psykotaku78

Postby psykotaku78 » April 9th, 2008, 7:52 am

:) Do you mean like this, GinRei? ( note: the font has been changed)

WOW, 3225 x 2156 is really big. Actually the image is 1200x859 pixels large (the real one, not the pic posted here )... so, seems to me difficult to do well without seeming blurry  :-\ I could try, to see how it looks,  but without the spin letters...

Thanx for the positive comments, I'm glad you like my work.  Next cover will be for 8th movie ( in ascendant order ^^, sorry Jd, yo´ll need to be patient )

C ya!
Last edited by psykotaku78 on April 9th, 2008, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » April 9th, 2008, 10:46 am

Looks great.  The dimensions seem huge, but it's the actual size of a DVD case:

Got this from The Cover Project, which is mostly for games, but still.
psykotaku78

Postby psykotaku78 » April 11th, 2008, 7:17 am

Thanx, could be useful in the future ;) OK, I'm sending you a PM

My next cover is for the 8th movie: Magician of the silver Sky. Enjoy it! ;D 

DVD COVER

DVD label ( I'm really proud of this  :D )

Hope you like, people.

C ya!
Aluecard

Postby Aluecard » April 11th, 2008, 11:20 am

man your skills has not limit evrey time you make one its come out better and better /bows at your uber skills, i cant wait for the next one
1980-2011/3
R.I.P
psykotaku78

Postby psykotaku78 » April 30th, 2008, 2:47 pm

;D Hi all of you! I've been very busy lately so my fan-art acitivity is been on a second term. However, I've been doing little changes on my original covers to improve them because of a fan comment that inspired me  ;). So, I'm going to do some changes to the original covers. The main difference will be the side of the cover. On the first DVd covers I used a plain colour fot the background, now I'm planning to do something more artisthic. You'll see ;)

:D By the way I'm showing you the result of my first work. This is the cover for the 9th movie: Strategy Above the Depths, and it's the updated and I hope final version. Hope you like it, as ever. I'm posting the DVD label too, as always. Enjoy!

DVD cover

DVd label

Soon, the rest of the updated covers.

Comments will be appreciated, as ever. And thanx for visiting my post again!
Aluecard

Postby Aluecard » April 30th, 2008, 3:39 pm

this one just .........SPECHLES .... hope i spell it write      ..  your  covers,,,,no your art is SO OWSOME MAN Cant wait fot the next one!!!
1980-2011/3
R.I.P