Detective Conan Movie 23 (2019) - The Fist of Blue Sapphire (紺青の拳 ) - Friday April 12

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Wakarimashita

Re: Detective Conan Movie 23 (2019) - The Fist of Blue Sapphire (紺青の拳 ) - Friday April 12

Postby Wakarimashita » December 12th, 2018, 11:35 am

Early trailer added in the opening post.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Wakarimashita

Re: Detective Conan Movie 23 (2019) - The Fist of Blue Sapphire (紺青の拳 ) - Friday April 12

Postby Wakarimashita » January 13th, 2019, 5:24 am

Official poster - Theatrical version (LQ) :

If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Vinnie

Postby Vinnie » January 13th, 2019, 5:28 pm

Its always so good to see Makoto!
All movies with Kid are special to me, but maybe Gosho is over doing it with Kid x Shinichi for Ran. I must admit though, it gives us good laughs!
Can't wait.
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » January 16th, 2019, 8:50 am

Gosho Aoyama comment about M23, posted in official movie site (1/16/19):

Hello, it's me, Aoyama! This year's movie will be the first to(take place) overseas! Conan and Kid will be very active in Singapore!
Ran and Shinichi, with their new relationship, also makes you wonder (how it'll be like) but...
But the (main) highlight is indeed, Kyougoku Vs Kid!
The strong Kyougoku, who feels (he's) in the wrong manga, and his flashy action! (See) it on the big screen!
Enjoy it while clenching your "fists"♪
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
thriceplus

Postby thriceplus » January 16th, 2019, 11:17 am

Kinda interesting that they aren't riding the Zero wave and giving him another movie next year, though I guess they are trying to not oversaturate him. Will guess he'll be back for movie 24 in 2020.

And I still can't believe Kid vs Makoto is a legit rivalry now.
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » January 20th, 2019, 8:19 am

Official poster - Threatrical version (HQ) :

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Postby kkslider5552000 » January 20th, 2019, 7:40 pm

So did Japan absolutely love Kid vs. Makoto like I did? Because otherwise it's very weird for such a relatively minor character the be the focus of a Conan movie. And by that I mean, some marketing guy wouldn't see this character as a way to make the this a notably successful Conan movie, so I assume they think this will get people to want to see it.

I guess I should just be happy they're making a movie for me. :V
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » February 3rd, 2019, 3:10 pm

Guest VAs for Movie 23 announced.

Source:
https://twitter.com/conan_movie/status/ ... 6113707009
https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/318506

Yamazaki Ikusaburo -> plays Leon Law, the "Singapore detective" and criminal behavior psychologist, who will hinder both Conan & Kid

Kawakita Mayuko-> plays his secretary, the beautiful Rachel Cheong

Translation of the article (enclosed in spoiler box to save up space)

Spoiler:
It's been announced that Yamazaki Ikusaburo and Kawakita Mayuko will be taking part as guest voice actors in the 23rd movie "Detective Conan: Fist of Blue Sapphira".

This installment of the TV anime "Detective Conan" movies is a story involving the "Fist of Blue Sapphire", the world's bigger blue sapphire, believed to have sunken into the seabed on the late 19th century. It depicts how Edogawa Conan, Kaito Kid and Kyougoku Makoto get dragged into a huge conspiracy in Singapore. Yamazaki plays Leon Law, called "the Singapore detective" and who has two faces: that of the criminal behavior psychologist and that of the industrialist. Kawakita is in charge of the voice of his secretary, Rachel Cheong.

Leon is a key character in this installment who'll antagonizing Conan. Yamazaki enthusiastically says "Conan-kun solves everything so I'd like to corner him when he's almost solved it". Most of Leon's and Rachel's lines have English on them so he places his expectations on his "pal", saying "I gotta work hard on those so please tell me about pronunciation and so, Kitakawa-san". On the other hand, Kitakawa was raised in New York so she's very confident in her English skills. "I'm better at English than Japanese so it takes off tension (laughs)", she says. "The previous movie, where my senior on the (voice acting) agency, Ueto Aya-san, acted, achieved an incredible record so (the staff) get a lot of pressured placed on them... (laughs)", so she stated.

Yamazaki Ikusaburo Comments

It's a movie that's a representative of Japan, so I was very happy when I was told the offer.

Leon Law, whom I'll voice, is a criminal psychologist known as the detective of Singapore but he's actually an industrialist: he's a character with many enigmas to him but I think I'll voice him in an attractive manner. He'll be antagonizing Conan-kun, but Conan-kun solves everything so I'd like to corner him when he's almost solved it.
When I was in 2nd year of high school, I studied abroad for a year in Missouri, USA, but I gotta work hard on my acting and English lines so please tell me about pronunciation and so, Kitakawa-san!

Kitakawa Mayuko Comments

This movie is set overseas so it'll be very fun. I'll play Rachel, Leon's secretary.
I think she's a intellectual rule, since she can use both Japanese and English.
I was born and raised in New York so I lived there until I was 16 years old. I'm confident with English! I'm better at English so it takes off tension (laughs). The previous movie, where my senior on the (voice acting) agency, Ueto Aya-san, acted, achieved an incredible record so (the staff) get a lot of pressured placed on them... (laughs) I'd be glad if everyone looks forward to this movie, too.

Yonekura Koujin (Yomiuri TV Producer) Comments

Leon Law, whom I asked Yamazaki Ikusaburo-san to play, reads peoples' hearts and controls people as he wishes. He's plotting something big? He's suspicious. He talks both Japanese and English so it must be hard to play him (laughs). (Yamazaki-san) expressed his emotions with all of his body, his acting skills is very valued in the world of musicals. The English skill he cultivated during his studies abroad. He seemed to be a combination of both so all of us producers decided we wanted to ask of him (to do the role) and thus we offered it to him. I look forward to his passionate acting.

Kitakawa Mayuko-san will play "Rachel Cheong", who's the loyal and beautiful secretary of Leon Law, played by Yamazaki Ikusaburo-san, skillfully controls both Japanese and English, she's a competent woman who's loyal and obedient. A beautiful woman who's proficient at English... We held a meeting over that and we producers agreed on that "it can only be her!". "Kitakawa-san, yes", that was the unanimous instant reply (laughs).

Leon Law, played by Ikusaburo-san, and Rachel, played by Kitakawa-san. I look forward to the (voice) recording to (see) what new widths they'll bring to the movie.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"