Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,018-1021

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,018-1021

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » September 15th, 2018, 7:42 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:And how long are the breaks taken by Mr. Hunter x Hunter? Are they 9-16 weeks, as well?

https://hiatus-hiatus.github.io/

( I really want to make one of these top charts for DC)
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Kor
Administrator

Postby Kor » September 15th, 2018, 9:28 pm

Here are some more statistics (just for the heck of it) starting from the beginning of the Rum Arc. (if I made a mathematical mistake feel free to point it out)

Including the chapter that will be released on November 28th (and all the weeks of break until then), it means 218 weeks of Shonen Sunday publications, 124 of which include new Conan chapters. This means that since the start of the Rum Arc, Conan chapters were released 56.88% of the time.
If you want to include the 6 Magic Kaito chapters Gosho released during said 218 weeks, this brings it up to 59.63 Gosho publications.

I personally hope Gosho doesn't plan to do the usual schtick and resolve the Rum plot only around the 1100 chapter mark, because at his current pace, it will take him 3-4 years to get there, and we're already close to 4.5 years with this arc.
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » September 16th, 2018, 8:04 am

Does anyone realize that the most recent chapter marks Hagiwara Kenji's manga debut? Mere mention in the bombing case and ZTT doesn't count.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 29 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 13.4.18

Chapter 3 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 17.9.18

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 16th, 2018, 8:59 pm

I know, right? I was pretty surprised when I found out that he didn’t appear in the manga version of the bombing case…
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Postby kentasaiba » September 17th, 2018, 9:20 am

Is there anyone from the movies left? Maybe that one police chief? The Nara Inspector? Curacao?
Kor
Administrator

Postby Kor » September 17th, 2018, 11:09 am

@asonker019292

This is a discussion thread. I moved your post to the Fan Works board here viewtopic.php?f=7&p=880188#p880188
Zerozaki4869

Postby Zerozaki4869 » September 17th, 2018, 11:39 am

The biggest mystery regarding Scotch is that BO knew his affiliation but not his name. So BO knew this by some association rule, not by identifying Scotch as Inspector Hiromitsu from PSB. So what I think is that someone from BO saw a picture of Scotch in home/office of some PSB colleague or friend of Scotch. If anything I suspect the dumb-ass Kazami gave him away. Maybe he had a photo of Scotch and didn't know that the person seeing him with the photo was from BO and knew his affiliation.
mtcc

Postby mtcc » September 19th, 2018, 6:58 am

page 11 very important
blackmoon

Postby blackmoon » September 19th, 2018, 7:59 am

I just wonder if Scotch will be saved and brought back to life like that which happened to someone from a previous file ???

"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Memesu

a witch

Postby Memesu » September 19th, 2018, 12:17 pm

The hole goes through in the phone, though.
Choose
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13456

Secret santa gift from PT <3
The executioner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_UHO60tkdg&t=332s
"It's me, Chara."