Digimon Adventure Tri.

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1107

Re: Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Project

Postby Nemomon » September 26th, 2014, 8:20 am

Memesu wrote:
Nemomon wrote:And I hope NOT to see Mimi ever again...

Why not?


Because Mimi was so annoying in the first series. While all other children tried to do anything about the situation they were in, Mimi all the time was thinking about herself. And in the Zero Two she looked... like a deluxe woman from brothel (IMO of course).

Zenthisoror wrote:I was a Yamato and Gabumon fan, so, of course, fingers crossed for their comeback! Well, we all have the characters we disliked (Daisuke for me - I couldn't stand him when I was younger) but I'll accept whatever they bring out so long as it has a solid storyline.

Agreed, Nemomon, the Cthulu influenced stories were fun. I'm hoping, probably in vain, that as the characters are older and a lot more mature we'll have a similarly more grown up and complex plot....oh wait, maybe not complex...morally complex? I'm failing to articulate myself....Just something more challenging and suitable for a group of teens who are closer to being adults than kids. I certainly wouldn't mind it to be darker and scarier - cliche, I know, but I like to see characters being pushed to their limits, and that's more difficult with older characters.

I wonder how integrated digimon are going to be in the human world since the end of 02?


I think Gabumon and Yamato will show up. After all Yamato was Taichi's rival ;). Not to mention that Taichi will be unable to go Omegamon without Yamato. But yeah, even while I despised Mimi very much, if her appearance will be changed in this new series, I might stop disliking her.

Zen, do You remember the "His Master's Voice" episode of Zero Two? Despite the fact that it was an episode fully related to the Cthulhu myths, it was an example of good episode. The Scubamons tried to rape Hikari, and the whole episode was so dark, and in fact mature. I would like to see such episodes in the new series too.

While I do liked all the seasons of Digimon (yes, I do like the Xros Wars too), I think the most mature season was the Zero Two - the night, Demon, BelialVandemon, Oikawa's storyline. I could feel the danger in it roaming from each corner. I didn't feel the same danger in the Adventure. Despite seeing the scenes of Wizardmon's death (my favorite Digimon), and Gottsumon & Pumpkimon deaths.

One more thing, I think Digimon fans could enjoy seeing in the series. Basically two things. First is the "real" Ryou (from Wonderswan games) and his and Ken's storyline. I for sure would not mind if again the scenes from the Wonderswan games would appear in the new series. The scene of the dark spore of Millenniummon affecting Ken in the Zero Two series was great.

And the other thing is the "original" DigiDestined. We know nothing about them, except that their silhouettes look exactly as the current DigiDestined, and that they sealed Apokarimon. They would be great villains if they were corrupted somehow during the flow of the series. Or even if not, their addition could be good to the plot, given if the Digimon Staff would do a good usage of them.

About the Zero Two's ending. I think we can be sure that the characters survived the events of this new series... But I think we can tell that even before the series started, after all we know how the seasons of Digimon were looking like. But there's another option. For example Bagramon. He's still alive, and while he isn't a villain anymore, he still has the power to change the time flow. The new season would take a place in a different time space, and therefore the happy futures of the DigiDestined may never happen.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Zenthisoror
User avatar
Posts: 25

Re: Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Project

Postby Zenthisoror » September 29th, 2014, 5:32 am

I remember His Master's Voice, yes. It was interesting at the time. It became a little more disturbing when I re-watched it on a nostalgia fest as an older teen, but a whole series that dances on the edge of something more nightmarish in a similar way would be lovely. :D The arc with the dark spore and Ken was definitely my favourite part of 02.

I'm not familiar with the games, so I'd have to take your word for what happened in them. I'd actually like to know more about the Pit of Despair from the original Adventure. If that could tie in with the Dark Ocean in some way, it could make for an interesting story.

The problem with bringing back the original characters after 15 years is that it's likely they won't be able to reference the old series too often for fear of alienating potential new viewers. So, I'm just going to sit tight and hope for something genuinely interesting storywise, but keep my expectations low (that way, I'll be pleasantly surprised whatever happens!).
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1107

Re: Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Project

Postby Nemomon » September 29th, 2014, 8:18 am

Hehe, one of my friends says that the new season rather won't be worse than Frontier (he dislikes it). My second friend each time I mention the new season says that I changed his mood to worse... You say that You have Your expectations low. It's funny to see what people think about the new season ;).

Why that episode was disturbing? ;D Because of Hikari's behaviour? ;D

The story said in the Wonderswan games is rather interesting, it adds backstory to Ken, why he became the Digimon Kaiser, and how Ryou from Digimon Tamers fought alongside Ken, and who Cyberdramon really is. In fact Ryou from the WS games is a superb character, unlike Ryou from the Tamers.

I'm not sure about the problem with the Original DigiDestined. They as well could again mention in the new season who they were, or just do not mention at all. But in fact Digimon series is full of mysterious places, holes and other things that never were explaoned. I hope they at least will touch some of them...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Soreiyu
User avatar
Posts: 692

Contact:

Re: Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Project

Postby Soreiyu » October 10th, 2014, 8:11 am

If it isn't apparent by my icon I'm a huge Digimon fan. I'm still a bit weary about this new Adventure anime... I mean I feel like I'd like it more if they ignored the existence of 02...
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1107

Re: Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Project

Postby Nemomon » October 10th, 2014, 11:43 am

Soreiyu wrote:If it isn't apparent by my icon I'm a huge Digimon fan. I'm still a bit weary about this new Adventure anime... I mean I feel like I'd like it more if they ignored the existence of 02...


I assume Your favorite character is Ryouma, yes? ;)

It happened to me that I'm a die hard fan of Digimon too, but I actually quite do like the Zero Two even more than the original Adventure.

Why exactly would You want the Zero Two to disappear from the Digimon chronology? Don't You want yet another Vandemon battle at the end of the season? :P
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1107

Re: Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Project

Postby Nemomon » November 21st, 2014, 8:24 am

New eggs to hatch!

http://digimon-adventure.net/

Each day to click, and if we will hatch all of that eggs, some info about the series will appear. If someone is bored, they as welkl might click that lick once a day ;).

And if they are even more bored, they might want to play a puzzle game that also gives some hits.

http://digimon-adventure.net/game/
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
aly_angelflight
User avatar

Get that squirrel!

Posts: 579

Re: Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Project

Postby aly_angelflight » November 23rd, 2014, 5:53 am

Technically, it tells you to rub the eggs. :P
Image
"I suppose he could have changed. I myself have noticed my growing resemblance to a daffodil.”
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9258-9521
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1107

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Nemomon » December 14th, 2014, 11:47 am

So we know the title of the new series. It is called Digimon Adventure Tri. (デジモンアドベンチャー tri.).

Artwork:

Image

Staff:

Character Design:宇木敦哉(Atsuya Uki)
Series Composition:柿原優子(Yuko Kakihara)
Series Director: 元永慶太郎(Keitarou Motonaga)
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Jecka
User avatar

Hey there *dying inside*

Posts: 3350

Contact:

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Jecka » December 14th, 2014, 4:48 pm

The animation reminds me of the movies :V

Actually, it reminds me of something else too I can't remember what :x
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1107

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Nemomon » December 14th, 2014, 5:38 pm

Jecka wrote:Actually, it reminds me of something else too I can't remember what :x


I bet it reminds You of Tsuritama. At least this is what I thought when I saw that poster for the first time.

And that will be a good call, Atsuya Uki was character designer for both of that shws.

Which is sad. While I kind of liked Tsuritama, I disliked very much how it was drawn. With this kind of art I think we now can drop any hopes for a dark story or anything like that.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Jecka
User avatar

Hey there *dying inside*

Posts: 3350

Contact:

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Jecka » December 14th, 2014, 5:50 pm

Nemomon wrote:
Jecka wrote:Actually, it reminds me of something else too I can't remember what :x


I bet it reminds You of Tsuritama. At least this is what I thought when I saw that poster for the first time.

And that will be a good call, Atsuya Uki was character designer for both of that shws.

Which is sad. While I kind of liked Tsuritama, I disliked very much how it was drawn. With this kind of art I think we now can drop any hopes for a dark story or anything like that.

*snaps fingers* that's it. And I'm with you, I liked the story for the most part but I remember trying very hard to continue with it because of the design of the characters :x
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1107

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Nemomon » December 14th, 2014, 6:52 pm

Jecka wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Jecka wrote:Actually, it reminds me of something else too I can't remember what :x


I bet it reminds You of Tsuritama. At least this is what I thought when I saw that poster for the first time.

And that will be a good call, Atsuya Uki was character designer for both of that shws.

Which is sad. While I kind of liked Tsuritama, I disliked very much how it was drawn. With this kind of art I think we now can drop any hopes for a dark story or anything like that.

*snaps fingers* that's it. And I'm with you, I liked the story for the most part but I remember trying very hard to continue with it because of the design of the characters :x


I have one request, just one request from the director of this season. We won't see anything like that:

[spoiler]Image

Image

Image[/spoiler]

in the series. Then I think it will be pretty watchable despite the fact that the main characters don't look like themselves, and the Digimon will rather look like their parody than anything else.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Zenthisoror
User avatar
Posts: 25

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Zenthisoror » December 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm

Character designs have been released! I am so excited for this.

To be honest, I can't say I like them so much. Tai's face is rather fierce. Digimon had very distinctively drawn characters in the first three or four series and a definite 'house style' so to speak, and I can't see any trace of that here. I guess it isn't surprising, seeing as the original art team isn't on board for the series and the people involved from fifteen years ago have possibly retired.

Anyway, I'd like to keep an open mind. Maybe I'll feel happier once they're animated or the original voice acting casts come back.

If I think of it as a whole new character reinterpretation, with the essences of the characters kept the same, it doesn't feel too bad. In fact, it's kind of refreshing, and it does amuse me that Yamato's hair has gone back to his Season 1 David Bowie cut!
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1415

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby k11chi » December 16th, 2014, 8:42 am

Bought the All Stars game for crazy price but cant wait to play this when my sis comes to visit
Image
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1415

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby k11chi » December 16th, 2014, 8:45 am

Jecka wrote:The animation reminds me of the movies :V

Actually, it reminds me of something else too I can't remember what :x


Persona 3...
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron