Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,013-1017

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,013-1017

Post by Kor »

agent.sherry wrote:
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Spoiler:
I would consider it resolved.
And I'm also wondering: How many more romantic subplots do we need to get over and done with, so we can finally move on? I guess Gosho wants to conclude Heiji/Kazuha and also Kogoro/Eri before DC ends. Any more?
These are the only two I can think of as well. (though sometimes I do wonder if Kogoro and Eri will get back together at all, but that's probably because there isn't really any real development with the two).
ShadowNeo
Fear of death is worse than death Itself.

Post by ShadowNeo »

Kor wrote:
These are the only two I can think of as well. (though sometimes I do wonder if Kogoro and Eri will get back together at all, but that's probably because there isn't really any real development with the two).
What about Sato & Takagi?
"Fear of death is worse than death Itself"
agent.sherry

Post by agent.sherry »

I'm not sure either if the Mouris will be back together, could also see that left open-ended.

Since Sato and Takagi are already together, I consider that as resolved. But yeah, it's possible that Gosho still wants to write more stories about them.
sanchai95

Post by sanchai95 »

Alright I don't know why this forum is quiet atm because I lost my shit reading the new chapter. For both of the arcs involved. All these years of waiting....its so satisfying ;D this is how Gosho gets you!!!!

Also I agree with the other romance arcs, I very much would like those to be resolved. My bet will be Eri and Kogorou and maybe Sato and Takagi (which is like 95% resolved though in my opinion- theyre in the comfortable stage of their relationship). I reckon Heiji x Kazuha will be prolonged and will only be resolved last, second only to Ran and Shinichi.

Dont forget Yumi and Chuukichi. They arent married yet after all (despite the teasing) >:(
I started reading Detective Conan as a kid, I loved every part of it even when I didn't understand the science or logic behind a case. Now as an adult, it's bitter sweet knowing the series has lasted this long, because I am still surprised at what Gosho has to offer but sad knowing soon a big part of my life will come to an end. I'm glad to know there are people out there who love this series as much as I do and is willing to lose sleep just to discuss the intricate plot.
S.Vineyard

Post by S.Vineyard »

It's very clear, that Gosho finally tries to resolve some long lasting plotlines.

A German Conan Youtuber actually made the theory in May, that the Manga only might last for 15 Volumes, since this, even with filler cases, is the number he culculated that is needed to wrap everything up.

He also thinks that this means, the Manga will end in 2022. However, this is based on the traditional 4 Volumes per Year cycle, which most likely won't happen anymore, considering how Gosho is currently working.

So I think he is probatly right with the first, but wrong with the later. Considering how things go on right now, I believe we have to ad about 2 years to the guess, IF Gosho is really wrapping up things now.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

S.Vineyard wrote: A German Conan Youtuber actually made the theory in May, that the Manga only might last for 15 Volumes, since this, even with filler cases, is the number he culculated that is needed to wrap everything up.
That's not a thing that can be calculated, though.
He also thinks that this means, the Manga will end in 2022. However, this is based on the traditional 4 Volumes per Year cycle, which most likely won't happen anymore, considering how Gosho is currently working.
Not only can 4 volumes per year not happen anymore, it also didn't happen in 2015-2017. Most likely only one volume will be released this year.
S.Vineyard

Post by S.Vineyard »

What I got from got his Podcast (Which you can listen to it here. Again, it's in german), he thinks that the most concerning plot points (Rum, Anokata, Haneda, etc) will need at least 5-10 chapters each to get resolved, when Gosho finally is doing each storyline.

Of course we don't know what Gosho is planning and if really really is straight up wrapping up things. (The Whole Hiatus Situation put my Original guesses what will happen in 2019 into the toilet.)

But I'm agreeing with you about only probatly one Volume happening this year.
agent.sherry

Post by agent.sherry »

S.Vineyard wrote:It's very clear, that Gosho finally tries to resolve some long lasting plotlines.

A German Conan Youtuber actually made the theory in May, that the Manga only might last for 15 Volumes, since this, even with filler cases, is the number he culculated that is needed to wrap everything up.

So I think he is probatly right with the first, but wrong with the later. Considering how things go on right now, I believe we have to ad about 2 years to the guess, IF Gosho is really wrapping up things now.
This is interesting, thanks for sharing!

15 more volumes - that means about 150 more files and that DC would make it to 110 volumes in total.
If you add 2 years to the 2022 guess, Conan's big finale would coincide with the manga's 30th anniversary. Would certainly be fitting to end it in 2024!
S.Vineyard

Post by S.Vineyard »

We will see.

Again, much of this is pure speculation.

What I found interesting, is that according to a German Fan Site, the Post December Four Month Hiatus was apparently not Gosho's own idea, but rather that of his Editors.

If this is true, it shows that they are clearly accommodating to him, so that he no longer has to strain his health in the future and can still work on Detective Conan for the next years.

I still wonder what will be up in 2019, during the 25th Anniversary.

My personal guess (before the hiatus) was Ran's Birthday, with maybe another appearence of Shinichi. (Which now, with all the breaks, looks more unlikely, considering how "soon" this would happen now...)
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Next case will be a 4 part Kid case with Heiji and Kazuha
Mak: next case is apparently a 4 chapter Kid case involving Heizuha :x
Mak: scratch the apparently part, it's confirmed :x https://i.imgur.com/VsfChxU.jpg
Mak: Obviously Conan is on break after this 4 chapter case again
Mak: ZTT will apparently release double chapters then for 3 weeks in order to get volume 2 ready in time