Mystery Poll: Poll #37

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Swagnarok

Re: Mystery Poll: #22

Post by Swagnarok »

Spoiler:
Of what I hear of the recent manga case, Rumi was hailed in a newspaper for having solved the case. A BO agent would try to avoid that kind of attention from the press.
eros1607

Post by eros1607 »

Swagnarok wrote:
Spoiler:
Of what I hear of the recent manga case, Rumi was hailed in a newspaper for having solved the case. A BO agent would try to avoid that kind of attention from the press.
Spoiler:
What about Kir and Vermouth, who are celebrities? I think it depends on their missions and how they handle things, so don't generalize them. Rumi can deliberately appear on newspaper to attract the attention of police force and distract them from other members.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

I went with the NPA/PSB one.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

I think she is Asaka (but not Rum), as well as someone seeking revenge for Kouji and is trying to find Rum(doesn't know that the culprit is called "Rum"), by atttacting attention to her through the dying message in her Alias, and also gaining Conan's help.
Last edited by MeiTanteixX on November 29th, 2016, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

1st Choice (and, thus, my vote): Asaka (not Rum)

2nd Choice: Someone else related in some way to the case (or the victims) from 17 years ago

3rd Choice: A member of the NPA or the PSB or An agent of another intelligence agency

4th Choice: Another new BO agent or a BO goon

5th Choice: Vermouth or Rum or A red herring character who has nothing to do with anything

If Rumi turns out to be involved in the case from 17 years ago, it wouldn't be the first time Gosho kept trying to get us to think a teacher was a BO member, but, actually, was personally connected to an old crime committed by the BO.

Whether she was Amanda's bodyguard (Asaka), or is from an intelligence agency (NPA, PSB, etc.), I'd say it's still likely she's connected to the case from 17 years ago. Either way, I also think it's very likely that she was Koji's girlfriend.

I think she could only be a new BO member/goon if she doesn't know Shiho's/Sherry's face.

Rumi seems to be testing Shinichi/Conan—I see no reason why Vermouth would do that, considering how well she already knows him and knows of his capabilities.

For me, Rumi has a .001% chance of being Rum.

There's no such thing as a "a red herring character who has nothing to do with anything" in the mysteries of DC's arcs—such a character would serve no purpose. Especially when Gosho has red herring characters in the arc mysteries who go on to have purpose beyond just being a red herring.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kor
Administrator

Re: Magic Poll: #23

Post by Kor »

Poll #23 is up

It's relevant, so... yeah. Pretty sure there's some firm consensus behind this one already, but whatever.
Nemomon

Re: Magic Poll: #23

Post by Nemomon »

Toichi IMO.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: #24

Post by Kor »

Poll #24

Yes, we're doing this one again. Why? Cause you all got it so great the first time around.
Poll #17:

How long do you think the Rum arc will be?

3 years - 30% (19 votes)
4 years - 21% (13 votes)
2 years - 14% (9 votes)
5 years - 10% (6 votes)
Over 10 years - 10% (6 votes)
1 year - 6% (4 votes)
7 years - 6% (4 votes)
6 years - 2% (1 vote)
10 years - 2% (1 vote)
8 years - 0% (0 votes)
9 years - 0% (0 votes)

Total votes: 63 votes
But it's okay I get that you were all high from all of those drugs, so here's another chance.
Reminder that Rum was first mentioned back in June 4th, 2014, so we just passed our third Rumiversary
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

At this point I'd say 6 years, because its going to take a while longer for him to develop Rumi, and Kuroda a bit further and have the three interact a few more times before anything leads anywhere.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

7 years(at least) sounds about right to me, especially with the current cast and their potential role in the story(in other words, 4 more years).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Last time around, voted 5, but that's just not going to happen with all the breaks and around 30 chapters per year. Plus we have all those new characters now so it will take more time.

So this time I'm voting 7. About same length of the Bourbon stuff.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

Kor wrote:Poll #24

Yes, we're doing this one again. Why? Cause you all got it so great the first time around.
Spoiler:
Poll #17:

How long do you think the Rum arc will be?

3 years - 30% (19 votes)
4 years - 21% (13 votes)
2 years - 14% (9 votes)
5 years - 10% (6 votes)
Over 10 years - 10% (6 votes)
1 year - 6% (4 votes)
7 years - 6% (4 votes)
6 years - 2% (1 vote)
10 years - 2% (1 vote)
8 years - 0% (0 votes)
9 years - 0% (0 votes)

Total votes: 63 votes
But it's okay I get that you were all high from all of those drugs, so here's another chance.
Reminder that Rum was first mentioned back in June 4th, 2014, so we just passed our third Rumiversary
Kor, you are slaying me.
Voted 8 years.
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

I voted for 7 years. Nevermind how long it'll be in the manga, I wonder how crazy long it will be in the anime, I mean, by the time they adapt the Soul Detective case, we'd be 81 episodes into the RUM arc, meanwhile in the manga at that point we were 55 chapters into the RUM arc.
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

Voted for 4 years... but I didn't read that we already hit the 3rd Anniversary, so my vote should go to 7 years too.
dccd

Post by dccd »

How long did the Bourbon-Arc last?
7 years?

I voted for 8 years, but lets hope it´s way less.
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey (aka the RAT)
[ ] Iori = just a butler