Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-993

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Spoiler:
I'm going for the fox faced Tsuneyuki as the killer.
The weapon was a piece of metal but it was transformed into a key after the murder
using a key duplication trick involving a lighter and a piece of clear tape (which could be discarded or flushed or inside his wallet)
(you could also substitute a thin plastic cell phone screen protector for the tape)
it explains the sound that was created after he dumped the armor out the window,
which he only brought up because he didn't think to mention the loud sound of the armor when it went out the window
The hakama was backward because he didn't know how it was meant to be worn because he doesn't actually practice kendo.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Post by Tantei San »

MeiTanteixX wrote:
I wasn't assuming that she fed him without him knowing. She probably offered him that and he might've not known the side-effect that it has on him. As for the Chocolate box:
The size gives me the impression that another row of chocolate is hidden.[/quote]

By the way i was wondering .. whether the marks made on chocolate are just designs or they mean something.
They look like something along the lines of Tic-Tac-Toe.. you know the X-O game.
Though, i am not sure whether it was mentioned or not by anyone, i am guessing no one did.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-993

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

993 spoiler pics are now out.

993 will release in SS #21, this Wednesday—unfortunately, we won't get the next DC file (994) until SS #27 releases.

Basically, we're in for a month of waiting.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Meanwhile, a Magic Kaito story will be published.

"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

saorin
"If I hear you pine for me I will return straightaway to you."

Post by saorin »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm going for the fox faced Tsuneyuki as the killer.
The weapon was a piece of metal but it was transformed into a key after the murder
using a key duplication trick involving a lighter and a piece of clear tape (which could be discarded or flushed or inside his wallet)
(you could also substitute a thin plastic cell phone screen protector for the tape)
it explains the sound that was created after he dumped the armor out the window,
which he only brought up because he didn't think to mention the loud sound of the armor when it went out the window
The hakama was backward because he didn't know how it was meant to be worn because he doesn't actually practice kendo.
Spoiler:
I rule him out because his comment on cutters gave Heiji the final hint so he could solve the mystery. Usually it's not the culprit who dishes out something that pushes the detectives towards the solution (not counting contradicting testimony of course). That is nothing definite, however, and rather a hunch.
However, I imagine that the woman heard the victim talking to his wife on the phone when he called her for the spare shirt and got super mad or something along those lines.
Look like the innocent flower,
But be the serpent under it.
("Macbeth")
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Wakarimashita wrote:Meanwhile, a Magic Kaito story will be published.

Oh, wow!
Intrigued to see how Gosho is gonna follow-up ...
Spoiler:
... the Kaito Corbeau plot
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

MeiTanteixX wrote: Oh, wow!
Spoiler:
That's not a spoiler. It appeared on the manga years ago and also was featured in the last episodes of the anime.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

April Fools' was a few weeks ago.. xD
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Shiromi

Post by Shiromi »

*looks at spoiler pics*
Spoiler:
I called it! Hah! Neither one wins because they spent too much time solving the case!
My DC Fanfic: Awaking and Arising - Shiromi writes her version of the end of the series. With 100% more lesbians and immortal zombie boys. And existential crises. Lots of them.
Kogorou - A character study that seeks to answer the question: Why is Kogorou the way he is?
A Kindred Spirit - Sonoko and Makoto realize that they have more in common than previously realized.
DC Fanfic Rants

Betareading this fanfic: Deception
archit18

Post by archit18 »

MeiTanteixX wrote:

Oh, wow!
Spoiler:
Yeah seriously excited after all 3 years is long.
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

This whole case is .... Below my expectation. It is not because my wrong deduction :D but seems like there were something missing... It is like a lot of thing half-assedly made. :(

Edit : and i have to wait with this bad taste for 3-4 weeks for new series!!
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Themaninarmor wrote:but seems like there were something missing...
I agree only with this part. This case should have been a 5-parter.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Themaninarmor wrote:but seems like there were something missing...
I agree only with this part. This case should have been a 5-parter.
Especially considering 2 of the past 3 Heiji cases—before this one—were 5-File cases.

Gosho really seems to have been avoiding cases longer than 4-5 files, the past couple years. He hasn't done a 6-File case since 2011, and hasn't done a 7-File case since 2012.

Heck, even this case was only the 3rd 4-File case since 2015.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Post by Tantei San »

Hopefully if the plot requires i am hoping to be a 7-file series .. 994-1000.. god grace.
saorin
"If I hear you pine for me I will return straightaway to you."

Post by saorin »

Spoiler:
*sigh*
I'm rather patient in general, but I'm getting tired of Heiji's unsuccessful confession attempts. I hope this was the last one and due to the movie's promotion. But I'd appreciate if the next one was successful (since the matter cannot be dropped entirely of course).
I didn't even get my hopes up it would be working out this time...
Look like the innocent flower,
But be the serpent under it.
("Macbeth")