Discussion thread: Detective Conan 981-983

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Serinox

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 981-983

Post by Serinox »

Jesse Sravya wrote:When is the next issue releasing? Hasn't it been a very long time since the previous release?
Next chapter is releasing on January 18th, which means that spoiler pics will be out around January 12th-13th and text spoilers on January 14th. This week there is no Shonen Sunday being released and next week (January 11th) there is no Conan chapter in the Sunday because of an authors break.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Yeah.

It's just that an author's break and a double issue happened in a row and thus a two-week break is in place. This is why it feels like it's been a long time since the last chapter. But it tends to happen by the end of a year, anyway.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Jesse Sravya wrote:When is the next issue releasing? Hasn't it been a very long time since the previous release?
Spoiler pics (from 984, itself) should come out next Friday (1/13), then text spoilers (the summary of 984) on Saturday (1/14). We should get 984, itself (the Japanese and Chinese raws), on either the following Tuesday (1/17) or Wednesday (1/18), and the English translation will probably be out on that Thursday (1/19) or Friday (1/20).
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Post by Tantei San »

I could have posted my query on other topic but, If possible can any one send me the link to the details of Japanese Translations of Sherlock Holmes as mentioned by Ran to Takagi.
Thank you !
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

I investigated this subject back when the name "Wada Shinichi" came up but I found very little sources regarding the changes done in the first Japanese editions of "Study in Scarlet".

One source is this tweet with a compilation of names used in those editions:

https://twitter.com/221bjxxxsxxxx/statu ... 5459250176

Mind that these name changes are only for "Study in Scarlet" and a Japanese name for Moriarty doesn't exist because he wasn't introduced until much later when the "Japanized" names were discarded in favor of the original, English naming.

Translation of the tweet (list of Japanese Holmes character names)
Author is the author of the translation and the names used in each

(Author): Nanyo Mizuta (Names used): "Great Detective", "Medical Student"
(Author): Kyushiro Honma (Names used): "Horimi", "Wada"
(Author): Yakoro (Names used): "Holmes", "Watson"
(Author): Anonymous (Names used): "Honda", "Wada"
(Author): Anonymous (Names used): "Tairoku Komuro", "Wada Shinichi", "Sekido Reiko", "Tsutomu"
(Author): Sanjin Kazaha (Names used): "Horimi Inokichi", "Wada Shinichi"

It's unknown who "Sekido Reiko" and "Tsutomu" are supposed to be unless they are Gregson and Lestrade, the two police detectives working on the case.
Tantei San

Post by Tantei San »

Spimer wrote:I investigated this subject back when the name "Wada Shinichi" came up but I found very little sources regarding the changes done in the first Japanese editions of "Study in Scarlet".

One source is this tweet with a compilation of names used in those editions:

https://twitter.com/221bjxxxsxxxx/statu ... 5459250176

Mind that these name changes are only for "Study in Scarlet" and a Japanese name for Moriarty doesn't exist because he wasn't introduced until much later when the "Japanized" names were discarded in favor of the original, English naming.

Translation of the tweet (list of Japanese Holmes character names)
Author is the author of the translation and the names used in each

(Author): Nanyo Mizuta (Names used): "Great Detective", "Medical Student"
(Author): Kyushiro Honma (Names used): "Horimi", "Wada"
(Author): Yakoro (Names used): "Holmes", "Watson"
(Author): Anonymous (Names used): "Honda", "Wada"
(Author): Anonymous (Names used): "Tairoku Komuro", "Wada Shinichi", "Sekido Reiko", "Tsutomu"
(Author): Sanjin Kazaha (Names used): "Horimi Inokichi", "Wada Shinichi"

It's unknown who "Sekido Reiko" and "Tsutomu" are supposed to be unless they are Gregson and Lestrade, the two police detectives working on the case.
Thanks Spimer..
Btw.. Can you find the japanese translation of Moriarity. If possible. The possibilty of the Boss's name resembles someone with that name, though not sure.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

@TanteiSan:

I belive that, by the time Moriarty appeared, all characters used English names.

So Moriarty doesn't have a Japanese name as far as I can find out yet I'll try asking some of my sources.
Tantei San

Post by Tantei San »

Spimer wrote:@TanteiSan:

I belive that, by the time Moriarty appeared, all characters used English names.

So Moriarty doesn't have a Japanese name as far as I can find out yet I'll try asking some of my sources.
Sure..
Sorry Today I bothered you so much :P