Anokata theory: The boss may be...

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
miukuhina

Re: Anokata theory: The boss may be...

Postby miukuhina » April 23rd, 2016, 7:54 am

I am not a Conan-pro like you guys ;) just a rookie detective ;D but I have been thinking for a while...please correct me if you think this theory does not hold :D Sherlock Holmes' mortal enemy is Called Moriarty... sooo Mouri is quite close to the spelling? So it could well be someone in their family. Vermouth refers Ran as 'Angel' so she has to be important to her. Where did Ran's mother Erin go? Isn't she good at disguises too? What if Vermouth is actually Ran's mother ;D and close to Conan too which explains her protecting them. Anokata could then well be related to Ran. Is there any character like that in the Mouri family?

I am sorry my theory is silly but it is stuck on my head, pleae help me ???
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » April 23rd, 2016, 9:09 am

Sorry, but I think you're mixing up some of the characters.

Eri, Ran's mother, is just a lawyer. She had an argument with Kogoro many years ago so she left home and now lives on her own. She's not good at disguises or anything: that's Shinichi's mother, Yukiko.

Vermouth used to be friends with Yukiko: she's never had any interaction with Eri to begin with.

The reason she calls Ran "Angel" is because Ran and Shinichi saved her life once in New York when she was disguised as a serial killer. She thinks of Ran as an angel because of her kind personality.

So, no, Vermouth is unrelated to the Mouri family. She's just the favorite of Ano Kata for some reason and she seems to have a special relationship with Ano Kata: Amuro did say "You're the Boss'..." before being cut off.

I hope that clears it up.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
miukuhina

Postby miukuhina » April 23rd, 2016, 10:41 am

Oh yes, I see my mistakes :-X thank you very much for clearing it up, I can sleep in peace now :D
El Che

Postby El Che » May 2nd, 2016, 3:34 pm

My theory (another one !):
Vermouth, the central character of Meitantei Conan is a very romantic figure. It is based on that of Oscar Wilde's Dorian Gray. And I guess it will end like Dorian Gray, too.
Some evidence :
- The UK holds a very important place in DC: Sera's family, James Black, etc. and, of course, Holmes and Conan Doyles.
- Oscar Wilde and Conan Doyle were friends, and had the same editor. In a famous dinner, he ordered a novel for both writer. Doyle brought The Sign of Four, and Wilde The Picture of Dorian Gray.
- If it is true that the name of Ano Kata appeared in the first volumes of DC, then note that, in Volume 14, Gosho talks about Cordelia Gray in his Encyclopedia of detectives.
- The story of Dorian Gray fits perfectly with what we know / have deduced from the life of Vermouth, and, perhaps, Ano Kata. Let's recall that Dorian Gray enjoys eternal youth, because it is a portrait of him that ages in his place, and takes the stigmas of every evil deed he commits (and actually he does a lot !).
Dorian Gray is a complex character, torn between good and evil. In the end, Dorian Gray eventually "kills" his portrait; then he collapses, his portrait becomes that of a young man again, and Dorian, instead, becomes a man disfigured by old age and sin, and falls dead.
The Picture of Dorian Gray is a well-known novel, and was the subject of several films, TV movies, and the character is famous and appeared in blockbuster "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".

Beyond the name and British origin of Vermouth and Ano kata, this assumption leads to another on the end of DC:
- Vermouth can only die, and if possible, in agreement with the tortured side of hre character; an end like that of Dorian Gray would suit her perfectly,
- It may be as Ano Kata wants ultimately end with life too, for example if the person he / she loved should disappear.
In this case, an end that would "live up" to Verm' would be that of Dorian Gray: an antidote would allow her to find her real age. As it is -at least, if we take the beginning of the Organization more than 50 years ago - 90 years, she would be totally shrivelled. Ditto for AK, even if he/she is probably younger if he / she is a child of Vermouth.
So: IF Vermouth's Model is Dorian Gray, THEN antidote exists. That will delight fans of Shin / Ran, because if Conan remains blocked to 7 years, while Ran grow old, the story would eventually be endless ...
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » May 2nd, 2016, 3:57 pm

Well, your theory has some interesting points.

One little correction: the Boss' name has appeared in some point in the manga before Volume 53 File 8, not only "in the early volumes".

I don't think the detective enclypopedia counts that much: Gosho means the manga as in the chapters. The enclypopedia thing is a bonus included with the volumes.

Other than that, it's a well-though theory/speculation. Good job!
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » May 2nd, 2016, 3:59 pm

El Che wrote:Vermouth, the central character of Meitantei Conan

Shinichi Kudo/Conan Edogawa is the central character of 名探偵コナン.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
El Che

Postby El Che » May 3rd, 2016, 7:23 am

Edogawa Conan is obviously the main character of DC. But the whole story comes from Vermouth's life. She was there long before Shinichi was born (who knows how many "generations" preceded Sharon and Chris?), and without Vermouth and her secrets, no history, no APTX, and no need to Conan Edogawa. And Kudo Shinichi is not,far from it, the richest and most complex character in Meitantei Conan; he certainly is very intelligent, courageous, honest, etc., but characters like Akai, and especially Vermouth, are much deeper. Conan Edogawa is at the center of a story that is larger than himself, that only these characters really master. It is the destiny of these characters that going to have the plot evolved. For example, Harry Potter is the main character in the H.P. saga, but even until his final battle against Lord Voldemort, he is still overwhelmed by this story, which revolves around Lord Voldemort. Without Lord Voldemort, there is no need of Harry Potter...
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » May 3rd, 2016, 8:58 am

El Che wrote:Conan Edogawa is at the center of a story that is larger than himself, that only these characters really master.

That's all I wanted to point out. :)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
minata

Postby minata » May 3rd, 2016, 9:38 pm

MaitreDétective wrote:We know Vermouth's mother is dead all right. We know the organisation is after some sort of immortality-giving item all right. We know Nana to no...the crow song is about a crow mourning her death child all right (or somethning like that, I don"t remember well). Lasly, we know Vermouth is the boss' favourite.

Here is my theory: Anokata is Vermouth's father! She is so obviously his favourite, and he might want to search after something that gives everlasting life to ressurect his lost wife!

Your thoughts? :P

PS: Sorry for my rushy writing, I'll try to develop in my next posts

Sorry,but I think that Anokata is someone related to Conan(close) as Aoyama said,but not Agasa
Mx :P
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » May 3rd, 2016, 11:22 pm

minata wrote:Sorry,but I think that Anokata is someone related to Conan(close) as Aoyama said,but not Agasa

as far as I know, Gosho has never stated that Anokata is someone close to Conan
can you site a source ?
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
minata

Postby minata » May 4th, 2016, 12:42 am

search it yourself ;D
I'm sure
it's somewhere
'cause I searched it :o
And add to
https://www.wattpad.com/60215356-speculation-on-anok...
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » May 4th, 2016, 1:19 am

minata wrote:search it yourself ;D
I'm sure
it's somewhere
'cause I searched it :o
And add to
https://www.wattpad.com/60215356-speculation-on-anok...

I don't see it anywhere on that page

I've managed to compile virtually all of the interviews so far that we know of, so I'm not sure that he has ever said that
http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki ... view_lists

If you can find the page you are speaking of where you saw that, I'd really like to see it.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
minata

Postby minata » May 4th, 2016, 6:54 am

Well,maybe Anokata isn't close to Conan but it least related to Conan(not close) and not Agasa ;D
I think it's Sera or Bourbon(just think)
Christcc9

Postby Christcc9 » May 4th, 2016, 8:13 am

minata wrote:Well,maybe Anokata isn't close to Conan but it least related to Conan(not close) and not Agasa ;D

Well, isn't that obvious? Conan are against the BO so of course, I'd say APTX4869 relates them in a way.
Except if you mean Anokata knows Conan or Conan knows him/her?
Concerning Vermouth, my guess is that she's Anokata's mother. Why not? After all she is 100 years old...
The impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner.
Fear of death is worse than death itself.
ATEM

Postby ATEM » May 4th, 2016, 5:01 pm

Maybe what I am gonna say seem strange but when I think about DC's end or the boss' s identity I just want nothing of all these theories or speculations to be true or to be at least completely true not because they are bad or not good but we are talking about a mystery manga that is running for more than 22 years and still going so at least the end deserves to be the best a thing that no one has thought of years and years before , there are many theories about the relation between the boss and vermouth even before what amuro had said so if the boss turns out to be vermouth son or father or lover or whatever I will be completely disappointed ...

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”