Mystery Poll: Poll #37

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Mystery Poll: #21

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Ran-dezvous wrote:Daddy Akai as a BO member is seriously a thing? Wow, the DCTP community's a lot more optimistic than I thought. . . . :o
What would be the pessimistic choice, then?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Ran-dezvous wrote:Daddy Akai as a BO member is seriously a thing? Wow, the DCTP community's a lot more optimistic than I thought. . . . :o
Yeah, wanted to ask the same, since I think most people around here would describe the Akai father being a BO member option as the pessimistic one, so I'm curious what Ran-dezvous understands as the pessimistic choice.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Serinox wrote:I think most people around here would describe the Akai father being a BO member option as the pessimistic one...
On that note, I'll ask you the opposite—what's your most desirable/optimistic choice for the answer to this question?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Serinox wrote:
Yeah, wanted to ask the same, since I think most people around here would describe the Akai father being a BO member option as the pessimistic one, so I'm curious what Ran-dezvous understands as the pessimistic choice.
Really? I also find that specific option to be on the more optimistic side (at least as long as red father is dead. If he's still alive and in the BO, then the consequences of that are pretty bad). If red father was in the BO, that's at least one more link between the Akai family nonsense and the actual plot, which is why I'd say it's optimistic.
For the most pessimistic option of that poll, I think it's the MI6 one, because not only does it without a doubt bring yet another agency to the story, Shuichi's father, who at this point simply has to be Japanese, somehow managed to end up in a British intelligence agency. In general if red father was in some sort of an intelligence agency it makes this family even more ridiculous and excessive (a Japanese agency will at least make sense, I guess).
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

I think the BO option is the most reasonable one. The BO killed his son's adoptive brother, and he joined the BO to find out who killed him, and why. The BO probably took care of him too, and that's why Shuu joined the BO as well (and even had the knowledge about it) to find out who killed the both of them. Maybe he had some other reasons considering his family affairs, but I think these were important too.

But then again, I know this is too simple to be true...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
ATEM

Post by ATEM »

I think the BO thing is good too we are enough with the good guys who are fighting against the BO already anything except this will be good for me
Also he could have been just a completely regular person who got involved in way or another in some accident with the BO and was killed just like what happened to shinichi
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

We also must remember one thing - it was 17 years ago. There is no way that the BO through so many years remained unchanged. For example look how Rum killed the both of them. In our current timeline the BO would kill them without leaving a trace that they even were killed. Seventeen years ago they left the rooms in a total mess. Therefore, it might be that back then the BO was not yet killing for no reason.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Ran-dezvous

Post by Ran-dezvous »

Kor wrote:
Serinox wrote:
Really? I also find that specific option to be on the more optimistic side (at least as long as red father is dead. If he's still alive and in the BO, then the consequences of that are pretty bad). If red father was in the BO, that's at least one more link between the Akai family nonsense and the actual plot, which is why I'd say it's optimistic.
For the most pessimistic option of that poll, I think it's the MI6 one, because not only does it without a doubt bring yet another agency to the story, Shuichi's father, who at this point simply has to be Japanese, somehow managed to end up in a British intelligence agency. In general if red father was in some sort of an intelligence agency it makes this family even more ridiculous and excessive (a Japanese agency will at least make sense, I guess).
Pretty much what Kor said. I was honestly expecting the poll results to be either skewed toward the MI6 option or be scattered across the various agency options, so I was quite surprised to see the BO member option taking the lead, especially since the agency overload in the series has been a great source of ire in the community for the past couple of years.
Wakarimashita (on the spoiler cbox) wrote:DC has become a fascinating study on the optimism of man. 85 volumes, a plot more stretched than that of the Bible, and yet people still have hope. ^^
Disclaimer: I did not make my avatar; I just took it from Mystery Manila's Facebook page and resized it.
Henry Gordan
Most likely DCTP's biggest Formula 1, The Beatles, The Who and cross-country skiing fan

Post by Henry Gordan »

I'm still thinking that he is in CIA. I'd like to think that his father and Hondou were partners
"Why have you brought us to shelter in a fuel dump, Andrew?"
DCUniverseAficionado

Nemomon wrote:I think the BO option is the most reasonable one. The BO killed his son's adoptive brother, and he joined the BO to find out who killed him, and why. The BO probably took care of him too, and that's why Shuu joined the BO as well (and even had the knowledge about it) to find out who killed the both of them. Maybe he had some other reasons considering his family affairs, but I think these were important too.

But then again, I know this is too simple to be true...
We still don't know if Shukichi met Koji before his death—Shukichi changed his name upon graduating from high school, which would've been awhile after Koji died, so odds are he merely heard of him, then became a fan.

I'd say it's more likely Shuichi's father was already in the BO, around the time Koji died. He might even be Asaka.
Nemomon wrote:We also must remember one thing - it was 17 years ago. There is no way that the BO through so many years remained unchanged. For example look how Rum killed the both of them. In our current timeline the BO would kill them without leaving a trace that they even were killed. Seventeen years ago they left the rooms in a total mess. Therefore, it might be that back then the BO was not yet killing for no reason.
Of course they weren't unchallenged—20 years before current events, Jodie's father was investigating Vermouth.
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

I think akai father was joining bo is rasional too. i had absurd theory about akai father sha sha sha, i don't know if someone have same idea that maybe akai father is scientist in BO now.
Sha sha sha maybe that was what the pessimistic choice is. Still I have 3 absurd reason for that.
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

I'm going with Red Father - Regular Guy.

Probably not the case, but it would be an interesting change of pace.
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: #22

Post by Kor »

New poll is up
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Someone else related in some way to the case (or the victims) from 17 years ago
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

I think that Rumi is deliberately trying to get the BO's attention, because she wants to find and confront them. She isn't among their ranks, nor among the ranks of any intelligence organisation. She's a third party with an agenda for revenge, since she was connected either to Kohji or Asaka.