Conan & Kindaichi DS Game Discussion (Use Spoiler Boxes)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Re: Conan & Kindaichi DS Game Discussion (Use Spoiler Boxes)

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Just finished chapter one and ran into one of the omake while doing so~ (also, I solved the case, I'm so proud of myself ;w; )
I made recordings of my playthrough which I'll upload once I've drawn and edited stuff for my uploads. I'll post them once I'm ready.
For now, up to chaper two \o/.
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
XCHKS

Post by XCHKS »

Spoiler:
Chapter 4: The dice riddle one, I spent like 30 min trying to get it to recognize the number 5. It wasn't until I literally wrote the letter T that it said 5.
Spoiler:
Ugh, detective brats in ch.4.. Can barely tolerate them in manga/anime... Kindaichi, just have them walk up to that cut fence and push them into the ocean.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

XCHKS wrote:
Spoiler:
Ugh, detective brats in ch.4. Can barely tolerate them in manga/anime... Kindaichi, just have them walk up to that cut fence and push them into the ocean.
Spoiler:
I loved that chapter and I don't normally like the DB :D
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

I just realized that Kindaichi and Miyuki are childhood friends. JUST WHAT I WANTED IN CONAN. MORE CHILDHOOD FRIENDS!
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
TempRun

Post by TempRun »

I need help...
Spoiler:
I already know the answer of the riddle in Chapter 6, but the big problem was that the game thought I was wrong because of the clock hand's position. Can someone help me with my problem so I can move on?
EternalHeavens

Post by EternalHeavens »

@TempRun
Spoiler:
Are the clock hands on the number they're supposed to be on? If they are,simply swap the clock hands around.
The time should be
Spoiler:
3:35
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

why isn't Kindaichi famous like Shinichi is?

doesn't the media cover the fact that he is the one helping the police solve all these mysteries?
PirateKing

Post by PirateKing »

MrDetective wrote:why isn't Kindaichi famous like Shinichi is?

doesn't the media cover the fact that he is the one helping the police solve all these mysteries?
No, he usually works behind the scenes. He's only famous as the grandson of Kosuke Kindaichi, and only in police circles.
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

Post by shinichi'sapprentice »

Spoiler: Chapter 5
Nothing much to say...

Detective Rank: B
Keyword Completion: 69%

I unlocked another mini-game and cleared all the stages yay xD

Tried to play the skateboard one again and here are my best times so far:
Spoiler: scores
MrDetective wrote:I think the chapter 5 trick is kinda dumb
Spoiler: spoiler
what would she have done if someone had discovered the bow and retrieved her fingerprints on it?

I don't even understand how anyone, especially the bartender, didn't check inside the wooden box
Spoiler: reply
'what would she have done if someone had discovered the bow and retrieved her fingerprints on it?'

Well, thing is nobody discovered it. It was a party of elite people gathered together annually to renew their vows or sumthin' regarding the secret/s they have to keep for the rest of eternity? One does not simply check boxes lying around on a corner if they have nothing to do with it. Even if someone else (not Conan or any detective geek) has seen what was inside the box say, before the incident, I don't think one will make a fuss over it since it was just a crossbow (a gun or bombs on the other hand...). On second thought, since we're talking about what would happen if someone saw the bow BEFORE the murder, they would also see the poisoned ice pick loaded in it. But then again, the culprit herself was near the weapon so she would just shoo away anyone who is too curious to check the box for no reason. AND IF someone discovered what's inside the box AFTER the incident, investigators will try to check it out if it's related to the case BUT REMEMBER that the initial suspected weapon was the ice pick. It was only through Conan that we know that the crossbow is actually related to the murder since we have inspected something peculiar with the ice pick itself. Also, the island they're on doesn't even have any other policemen aside from the one we met. Someone had to call in a superintendent from the mainland to investigate a special case. Who knows if there is even a hospital in the island (Though I'm probably thinking about the other island when I'm saying this... Haven't finish the game yet...). Anyway, point is, retrieving her fingerprints will also take a while due to lack of forensic investigators. Unless you were talking about her fingernail..?

'I don't even understand how anyone, especially the bartender, didn't check inside the wooden box'

Hmm... Good point. However, keep in mind that the person who actually crafted the murder trick was that waiter posing as 'Higure' (don't remember what his waiter name was... or other name whatever). Maybe he has been a waiter in that hotel long enough to know what usually happens in the annual parties. Including knowing that the bartender highly respects his job and the liquors around him. This just came to mind, but what if there is always a box placed there whenever there's an event which supposedly always contains wine, as a backup for if the bar runs out of booze? And since the party didn't even finished, all the food were wasted and not all the drinks were used. Which explains why the box was untouched. If I'm remembering correctly, wines/liquors tastes better if they have been stored for a very long time. So, all the more reason not to touch the box. Eventually, it will be found out when the bartender finally decides to arrange the wine that's supposedly in the box, on the cellar. Though, by that time, if no meddling kid have interfered with the case, the murderers would have probably disposed off of the real weapon already.

Spoiler: Chapter 6
ohmygoshikilledKindaichifourtimes! xd On my fifth try however, I almost didn't make it and was about to give up and be annoyed again with those stupid fans spinning away on my chips' way... xD I managed to defuse the bomb with 2.59 seconds left on the timer. Did anybody else have a hard time with that bomb? xD I'm guessing it was easy to do with the DS? I was about to throw away my mouse for always hitting the fans and the wall... xD

Aaaaaaand after reading the Chapter 6 spoilers... Hmm... It seems it's mostly about the clock puzzle. It took me eight or nine tries to get the correct answer for that one:

9:15
9:30
3:20 or 9:20
3:30
9:30
9:00
9:35
~[correct answer here]~

Huh... Did I try 9:30 twice..? xD I dunno my notes look like my second try was 9:30 or 9:20... It's smudged... :v

But anyway, I probably keep trying '9' because it said 'East of the queen' so I was thinking the mirror image in which 9 is to the East... >.>
I also keep getting the minute-hand wrong until I realized that I have been counting 10 as Jack... :v In my head, I know that the King is out of the picture but my brain still counted it as one so I keep counting down 10 as Jack... OTL Aaaaaaaand that original Japanese clock puzzle is interesting! Though, I probably would have never guessed the answer to that one... xD

Comments story-wise:

Hmm... Watching a time-travelling series while playing this game doesn't help at all... xD Thanks to the mysteries explained in Chapter 6, I finally stopped thinking about it... xD

I prolly had other things to say but playing the bomb disposal mini-game I just unlocked drains so much energy... OTL
Spoiler: scores
yeah... not gonna replay the last stage yet... stupid fans... <.<
ugggggghhhhhhhhh... i had to label the other spoiler tags with 'scores', 'spoiler', and 'reply' just so the spoiler tags will work and properly hide the spoilers it contains... this seems to happen when putting images in a spoiler tag in a post that also contains other unlabeled spoiler tags... T_T

now, to flip a coin on who to play as first on the next chapter.......
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:
ohmygoshikilledKindaichifourtimes! xd On my fifth try however, I almost didn't make it and was about to give up and be annoyed again with those stupid fans spinning away on my chips' way... xD I managed to defuse the bomb with 2.59 seconds left on the timer. Did anybody else have a hard time with that bomb? xD I'm guessing it was easy to do with the DS? I was about to throw away my mouse for always hitting the fans and the wall... xD
Spoiler: chapter 6
Depends. If it's the final bomb defusing in the game, then yeah, that was probably the most difficult (frustrating) thing in the game for me. Took me way too many tries to get it right.
The bomb defusing sections in general have the complete opposite nature to everything else in the game. You spend most of the game reading and thinking and checking, and then suddenly you're under a very short and specific time limit and wrong thing you do completely screws you up. Not that it's a bad thing, because I imagine bomb defusing is incredibly stressful, and in the game it did put some pressure on me to a certain extent. It's just interesting that this game has such sections with pacing that is very much the opposite from the rest of it.
(But the last bomb defusing section SHOULD have been less frustrating regardless :-X )
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

Kor wrote:
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:
Spoiler: chapter 6
Depends. If it's the final bomb defusing in the game, then yeah, that was probably the most difficult (frustrating) thing in the game for me. Took me way too many tries to get it right.
The bomb defusing sections in general have the complete opposite nature to everything else in the game. You spend most of the game reading and thinking and checking, and then suddenly you're under a very short and specific time limit and wrong thing you do completely screws you up. Not that it's a bad thing, because I imagine bomb defusing is incredibly stressful, and in the game it did put some pressure on me to a certain extent. It's just interesting that this game has such sections with pacing that is very much the opposite from the rest of it.
(But the last bomb defusing section SHOULD have been less frustrating regardless :-X )
Hmm... I don't remember any other bomb-defusing task in Chapter 6 aside from that one at the end in the shed. Gosh that was indeed very frustrating! xD Took me only five tries... But that's with walking away from my computer after every try... xD Barely managed to finish my last try. :v And now that I think about it, how the heck did Kindaichi manage to survive that explosion... Maaaaaan, all our efforts were in vain trying to defuse that bomb. xD I'll start Chapter 7 tomor--- later... :v
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Apologies to those that lost posts in this topic with the recent forum move. As consolation, here are all three omake scenes on YouTube, along with some never-before-scene sprites that were later prepared by the artist but not included in the game.

Our Hidden Omake Scenes in Conan & Kindaichi DS

In the midst of working on the translation patch, we thought it would be fun to add in some familiar faces and create otherwise inconsequential encounters to surprise fellow fans with. This presented an additional challenge in that we were adding scripted elements to the game that were not otherwise present. We toyed around with this over the course of the project and eventually finished them at the end of the process. For those that missed them, are just curious, or can't see themselves replaying a 40 hour game to see a few minutes of extra segments, you can now view all three below—along with an extra bonus.

The scenes are relatively light on spoilers for events in the game, but in writing them, I wanted to ensure they were all plausible and relevant to the events of the game and suitable for the locations in which they took place. As such, there are some references to things that have happened in the game up to that point—please be mindful of this if you have not yet played the game.

The art for all five guests that appear in the omake scenes were drawn by Yuri Iwamoto at our request. She did a wonderful job, so please do thank her if you get the chance!

The videos below showcase all three encounters in their entirety. Should you wish to find and experience them yourself, do not view the videos below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucw2NJ0N5o0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_n8FsAvAJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wbx1Qn5YBQ

On top of all that, Yuri also drew some additional angles for some of the omake cast. You can see them below:
Spoiler: Unused Sprites (New Angles)
ImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImageImage
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

Goodbye, (my/)whatever post/s (that) has disappeared. You will forever be missed!

You, amazing Yuri, you! Really awesome job you did there!
Spoiler:
Do you also have other bonus unused sprites for the other two omake casts? >:D xD
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:Goodbye, (my/)whatever post/s (that) has disappeared. You will forever be missed!

You, amazing Yuri, you! Really awesome job you did there!
Spoiler:
Do you also have other bonus unused sprites for the other two omake casts? >:D xD
Spoiler:
No, just Lupin, Aoko and Kaito.
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
ayush1610

Post by ayush1610 »

Chapter-3
Spoiler:
i just can't solve the code given by ai chan regarding the next bombing incident the kne with gregorian beginning {?} I am not getting it please guys help me
please guys help