Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Post Reply
User avatar
soul_dreamer

Posts:
918

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by soul_dreamer »

Spoiler:
I doubt that Rum is a spy. It would be just cliche. We have already Kir and Bourbon and besides,who Rum would work for. We have already FBI, CIA and secret police. Well, there's possibility for MI6 or MI5 investigating BO, as well, but if that the case, I would leave this place for Elena, even though I cannot see how she could be a spy, but you never know. I can't wait to know more about the relationship between Elena and Amuro.

I also would find interesting, if Rum would be the character we already know. It would be very surprising.
kiyeujay

Posts:
4

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by kiyeujay »

soul_dreamer wrote:
Spoiler:
I doubt that Rum is a spy. It would be just cliche. We have already Kir and Bourbon and besides,who Rum would work for. We have already FBI, CIA and secret police. Well, there's possibility for MI6 or MI5 investigating BO, as well, but if that the case, I would leave this place for Elena, even though I cannot see how she could be a spy, but you never know. I can't wait to know more about the relationship between Elena and Amuro.

I also would find interesting, if Rum would be the character we already know. It would be very surprising.
Spoiler:
i doubt if Rum is who we know or even familiar , it highly likely that he/ she will eventually be touch by conan and help him against BO.
As u said, Mi6 maybe also has a spy. Yumi's boyfriend is maybe a spy. Who is Scotch? Scotch may be a familiar person of BB and he is the reason why BB hate Akai.
I like Rum is a mere member of Bo like Gin and vodka . >:( . I want a cruel villain.
User avatar
soul_dreamer

Posts:
918

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by soul_dreamer »

Spoiler:
According to Akai, Rum is very close to the boss, so I doubt that he would go so easy against BO. If Rum would be touched by Conan in some way, then IMO the only thing that Rum would do is not kill Conan and inform BO about him.

However, I hope, it won't happen as it would be the same scenario as with Vermouth. I don't why but Rum made me think of Pisco. Maybe, Rum is one of the oldest member, who know the boss' identity and Bo's goal including the real purpose behind the APTX 4669. I'm very interested in Rum's age. He could be actually 50-70 years old man.

About Shuukichi, I think, he's the middle brother. I hope that he won't turn out to be a spy infiltrating BO or worse he will turn out to be Rum.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts:
1156

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Nemomon »

Shinichi Edogawa wrote:
Spoiler:
Maybe Rum is the waitress that we saw in file 855 "A detective solves a case in a bar"
Spoiler:
I don't think so.

If Rum is Anokata's right hand, then he must be trusted. I don't think that the boss of a quite evil organization would have spies around him. Especially that seems like the other BO members also don't know who Anokata is. If his identitty is secret to the other BO members, then there's no way that the persons who actually know him are spies. But that's a side note.

The main thing is that the BO isn't a poor organization. Do You remember the training room of Korn and Chianti? That one in which they "dueled" who is the better sniper. If the BO can afford such a great building, they must be rich. The Boss also must be rich. Therefore his right hand also must be rich. Can You imagine Gin having a full time job in addition to his killing people for the BO? I don't think so... He gets enough money from the BO so he doesn't have to work to live. Therefore I can't imagine Anokata's right hand needing a job either. Probably (s)he has enough money for not needing a job, and to be always available when Anokata's needing him/her.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
User avatar
Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko

Posts:
52

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko »

Nemomon wrote:
Shinichi Edogawa wrote:
Spoiler:
Maybe Rum is the waitress that we saw in file 855 "A detective solves a case in a bar"
Spoiler:
I don't think so.

If Rum is Anokata's right hand, then he must be trusted. I don't think that the boss of a quite evil organization would have spies around him. Especially that seems like the other BO members also don't know who Anokata is. If his identitty is secret to the other BO members, then there's no way that the persons who actually know him are spies. But that's a side note.

The main thing is that the BO isn't a poor organization. Do You remember the training room of Korn and Chianti? That one in which they "dueled" who is the better sniper. If the BO can afford such a great building, they must be rich. The Boss also must be rich. Therefore his right hand also must be rich. Can You imagine Gin having a full time job in addition to his killing people for the BO? I don't think so... He gets enough money from the BO so he doesn't have to work to live. Therefore I can't imagine Anokata's right hand needing a job either. Probably (s)he has enough money for not needing a job, and to be always available when Anokata's needing him/her.
Spoiler:
Korn and Chiantis training is Anime only. It's not canon.
"aim the impossible to reach the possible"
User avatar
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Posts:
6180

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Jd- »

Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko wrote:Korn and Chiantis training is Anime only. It's not canon.
While true (and one of the more interesting aspects of the anime additions), there's still no doubt they have serious financial backing. Let's put aside that they are hired to kill prominent politicians and such and consider the equipment they have at their disposal. They are often sporting very expensive foreign cars and motorcycles, with Chianti and Korn alone driving around in a Viper.

Plus, with all the spies lately, I want to give the Borg something in their favor, so money at least awards them a few menacing points I hope.
User avatar
usotsuki

Posts:
381

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by usotsuki »

Wasn't there an Org outpost of sorts, that bar or whatever at the top of the Daikoku ("Big Black") building in the Mantendo case?
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
User avatar
Sunny88
何やねん! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

Posts:
370

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Sunny88 »

Spoiler:
I'm really looking forward to whatever's coming around chapter 900! Like many others, I fear that we will have to wait another 3-5 years until we find out more about Rum or see anything interesting (exciting BO stuff) happening.. Hopefully this will not be the case, and we'll be able to enjoy some juicy action very soon!!
Image
User avatar
char13happy

Posts:
261

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by char13happy »

Dat British tie.

I'm guessing Britain will play a big part in the story pretty soon. Maybe a bit sooner than I've expected myself.
Last edited by char13happy on June 4th, 2014, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User 4869

Posts:
597

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by User 4869 »

Ah. The reason Japanese file was not post here is because it could hurt SS sale. So DCTP only allows low quality Japanese pages (not the whole file) or Chinese file.
having said that. I don't actually know if this is ok.
User avatar
Sunny88
何やねん! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

Posts:
370

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Sunny88 »

User 4869 wrote:Ah. The reason Japanese file was not post here is because it could hurt SS sale. So DCTP only allows low quality Japanese pages (not the whole file) or Chinese file.
having said that. I don't actually know if this is ok.
No worries. fixed the post :) My bad!
Image
User avatar
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Posts:
4550
Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by MoonRaven »

Do days until the spoilers of file 899! I can hardly believe it!
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 31 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 27.3.19

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
User avatar
Incomplete-tantei
"No Pain, No Gain."

Posts:
359

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Incomplete-tantei »

You should really put spoiler tags when the file has not been released yet by DCTP. --'

I don't know how to say it otherwise but be careful with spoilers... not everyone who reads this thread is following early chinese/japanese spoilers... I've actually been spoiled twice with 898(once on cbox and second time here) so it would be really good if you could at least read the rules. Also there isn't any spoiler free thread for the moment so it's normal that people who only follow DCTP releases come here discussing. So if you could be respectful towards them it would be good. Thanks.
User avatar
MeiTanteixX

Posts:
1281

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Why do I get the feeling that Kir will die in around chapter 900?
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
User avatar
MeiTanteixX

Posts:
1281

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Incomplete-tantei wrote:You should really put spoiler tags when the file has not been released yet by DCTP. --'

I don't know how to say it otherwise but be careful with spoilers... not everyone who reads this thread is following early chinese/japanese spoilers... I've actually been spoiled twice with 898(once on cbox and second time here) so it would be really good if you could at least read the rules. Also there isn't any spoiler free thread for the moment so it's normal that people who only follow DCTP releases come here discussing. So if you could be respectful towards them it would be good. Thanks.
totally agree, same thing happened to me, and i still haven't read 898!!!!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Post Reply