Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
User 4869

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by User 4869 »

soul_dreamer wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm guessing that Vermouth may be the Boss' relative. I would find interesting if she would be Boss' mother or daughter or his sister. It could be a reason why Vermouth won't leave the organization, even though she wants its defeat. Conan mentioned (Vol46 Ch002) that Vermouth's expression, when she was texting the boss, felt lonely and dear at the same time, which may indicate that she has deep affection to Boss, but at the same time she misses something regarding Boss, for example how he used to be, before the organization. Of course Vermouth may be Boss' wife or not be relative at all.
Arent that effect of nanatsu no ko? Though I wont rule out the possibility that the song was chosen from the Boss's emotion.
soul_dreamer

Post by soul_dreamer »

I doubt that the boss has chose the song 'Nanatsu no Ko' randomly. It has to have some meaning.
Spoiler:
Perhaps, Boss sang it to his daughter, Vermouth, when she was little or Vermouth sang it to her son, Boss.
wkd

Post by wkd »

Spoiler:
For Furuya being in PSA only with all these MI6 & british hints, I think that's hard to be believed.
I think that Gosho should feature the whole Akai family in the next arc, we need certain answers to confirm the speculations we've made so far.
Also I really doubt that Yusaku & Yukiko's role is done after the Scarlet Epilogue.
In my own thoughts I guess that Vermouth is gonna die & her secrets will be revealed, Rum wasn't activated out of the blue, the BO must have sensed something? *Amuro is a spy*

And beside all of that what's up with that bug thing that was on him when he discovered that Akai is alive for sure? Who planted it, cause it's not stated as far as I read?
char13happy

Post by char13happy »

Spoiler:
Rum is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage while Scotch is a type of whiskey. Should we be expecting male characters to be introduced then?
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Just a consideration, probably wrong:
Spoiler:
I think that Rum is a woman.
I'm not expert about alcoholic drinks, but is it possible that sweet drinks are for women and dry drinks are for men?
That's why I think that Rum can be referred to a woman.
And about higher rank, can it be due to its use in countless cocktails?
char13happy

Post by char13happy »

The wiki says that hard alcohols are for men while varieties of wine for women, except for Kir. She's a different case.
soul_dreamer

Post by soul_dreamer »

Spoiler:
Reading the translated parts of the file left me with some questions.
How Amuro arranged for Vermouth's secret to leak? I guess, he probably has told his partners about her secret and if something happened to him, then his partners would somehow pass this information to the organization or maybe he arranged in different way.

Why the other BO's members are kept in the dark about Vermouth's secret? If she's Boss' relative i.e. wife, sister or daughter, then I don't see the reason for other members not to know. Everyone in BO knows (the members, who we know, at least) that she's Boss' favourite. It made me think that perhaps Vermouth is Boss' mother, which would explain why Vermouth keep it secret. She doesn't other members to know about her not aging issue (they don't know right, Vodka, Chianti, etc). BTW, Is Gin knows about Vermouth not being able to age?

Is there any BO's members, who knows about Vermouth's secret, Gin, Rum, maybe?

The secret maybe something else, but I think Gosho likes family stuff, i.e. Miyano, Hondou and Akai.

About Rum's task, I guess it's to make sure, there are no more rats in BO.

Also, is it just me or Yukiko has crush on Akai? But, I guess, it's just admiration. Can't imagine them to have affair, lol.
wkd

Post by wkd »

Spoiler:
Vermouth is a the boss' daughter, wife, grand child?, she seems to be a relative of him. God why did she interrupt Furuya by gunpoint just as he was gonna reveal it. I guess she is real careful & considered that they may be bugged anywhere so she decided to shut his mouth.

Will the CIA interfere? Rena said that she would hand Akai any information she gets but first she has to lend it to her allegiances, so the CIA must do something we're only stuck with Rena as their only current member and the Frozen FBI that appear useless without Akai.

MI6 is something to be thought about really. England must have a hand in the upcoming events.
Crazy theory: Rum is British & he gets the MI6 involved in the plot.
ten

Post by ten »

Spoiler:
We pretty much know that Akai knows Conan=Shinichi, and the FBI spent a bit of time talking together about Shinichi during 898 --- what the hell were they saying about him ...

Ran has been suspicious of Conan again since file 693 (where heiji's charm is discussed and Ran is confused whether it has Shinichi or Conan's fingerprints) and so on.

It would be interesting if Ran and Jodie came together ... since they are both suspicious of Conan and try to uncover his identity (especially now that Jodie has seen what Conan has pulled off -- orchestrating the coverup of Akai's death)

If Conan takes the antidote for APTX4869 again and becomes Shinichi soon, then I think another suspicion arc will follow, and we'll see Ran take Shinichi's fingerprints/dna to be analyzed by Jodie =D
soul_dreamer

Post by soul_dreamer »

Spoiler:
Even if Ran would take Shinichi/Conan fingerprints and give it to Jodie, I doubt that Jodie would go straight to Ran after finding out that Conan and Shinichi is the same person. She would firstly (at least, I believe that what Jodie should do first) go to Conan, demand him to tell her what going on, he would tell her the truth and ask her to lie to Ran and say that the fingerprints didn't match, because Ran would be in danger, if she would find out the truth.

However, I like the idea of Ran and Jodie making speculations about Shinichi/Conan together :)
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

I just read the Chinese file. Brilliant!
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 31 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 27.3.19

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

soul_dreamer wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm guessing that Vermouth may be the Boss' relative. I would find interesting if she would be Boss' mother or daughter or his sister. It could be a reason why Vermouth won't leave the organization, even though she wants its defeat. Conan mentioned (Vol46 Ch002) that Vermouth's expression, when she was texting the boss, felt lonely and dear at the same time, which may indicate that she has deep affection to Boss, but at the same time she misses something regarding Boss, for example how he used to be, before the organization. Of course Vermouth may be Boss' wife or not be relative at all.
Spoiler:
The translation I have of what I think you're referring to reads: "The other thing I remember, when she was texting, was her face. It gave me a kind of...nostalgic feeling."
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
soul_dreamer

Post by soul_dreamer »

I get the English translation from manga from websites: mangareader and mangahere. The translation says: 'She looked lonely but also dear that what I felt her expression felt'. Not sure, which translation is more accurate
Olly

Post by Olly »

Spoiler:
Rum has to be the greatest code name ever. I'm already expecting big things from him/her.
FC: 2191-8658-2763
ten

Post by ten »

Hmm..
Spoiler:
Akai is "Red", and the new guy is "Rum", I expect much death then to follow when they clash...

"Red"+"Rum" = Redrum (MURDER!!!!!)