Upcoming games you look forward to play?

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
MaitreDétective

Upcoming games you look forward to play?

Post by MaitreDétective »

Mine are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_ID7OzumXI

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edf2kX9y8UM

I hope they get realeased in countries outside of Japan
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Re: Upcoming games you look forward to play?

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Just 2 games...ok...

I do look forward to the Wright vs. Layton game. I mean it already looks like a far better crossover than that WAAAASTE of potential Conan and Lupin crossover.

Beyond that:
Assassin's Creed 3
Bioshock Infinite
Watch Dogs
the new Aliens game
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Half Life 3 (where are you? :( )
Project X Zone
Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime 3D (this better be released here dammit, the last game is an underrated classic)
Rodea
The Last Story
Retro City Rampage
Bravely Default
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (it's nice to see a Mario game that isn't a pandering cash-in bs screw anyone who buys NSMB2 ARRRGH)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Rayman Legends
ZombiU
Game and Wario
Pikmin 3
Project P-100
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Little Inferno
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Conan-chandesune
Community eccentric

Post by Conan-chandesune »

kkslider5552000 wrote: Just 2 games...ok...

I do look forward to the Wright vs. Layton game. I mean it already looks like a far better crossover than that WAAAASTE of potential Conan and Lupin crossover.

Beyond that:
Assassin's Creed 3
Bioshock Infinite
Watch Dogs
the new Aliens game
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Project X Zone
Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime 3D (this better be released here dammit, the last game is an underrated classic)
Rodea
The Last Story
Retro City Rampage
Bravely Default
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (it's nice to see a Mario game that isn't a pandering cash-in bs screw anyone who buys NSMB2 ARRRGH)
Rayman Legends
ZombiU
Game and Wario
Pikmin 3
Project P-100
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Little Inferno
Half Life 3 is probsbly not even on hte drawing board.
I am a geek~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am a flirt!
I love mysteries!
I love comics~

Jd-'s official apprentice
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

MaitreDétective wrote: Mine are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_ID7OzumXI

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edf2kX9y8UM

I hope they get realeased in countries outside of Japan
casual

Conan-chandesune wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote: Just 2 games...ok...

Beyond that:
Assassin's Creed 3
Bioshock Infinite
Watch Dogs
the new Aliens game
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Project X Zone
Rodea
The Last Story
Retro City Rampage
Bravely Default
Rayman Legends
ZombiU
Game and Wario
Pikmin 3
Project P-100
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Little Inferno
Half Life 3 is probsbly not even on hte drawing board.
yeah it is.  They are working on it, but because of the hype and Valve's standards, it has taken forever.

Looking forward to for 2012 video games:

Guild Wars 2 (the true WoW killer)
Sonic Adventure Battle 2 HD remake
Baldurs Gate 2 HD remake
Dishonored
Hitman: Absolution
Last edited by ranger on July 29th, 2012, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

ranger wrote: Guild Wars 2 (the true WoW killer)
GW2 feels neat and all, but there's zero way I see it as being a WoW killer, the game has nowhere near the polish that WoW does. I do think it'll be successful, though.
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

Akonyl wrote:
ranger wrote: Guild Wars 2 (the true WoW killer)
GW2 feels neat and all, but there's zero way I see it as being a WoW killer, the game has nowhere near the polish that WoW does. I do think it'll be successful, though.
u wot m8?

I think it'll kill WoW.  People are tired of the damn game, and the pandas were the last straw for a lot of players.

It's about time for an update in graphics, world/lore, and gameplay.

The PVP sounds amazing, with the World vs World.  And the combat is really refreshing - it's all about timing and dodging, it's very fluid as you are constantly moving and dodging the attacks.  It's not about standing still for 6 seconds to cast a pyroblast, or spamming 1 and 2 for sinister strike or something.

It's also killing the holy trinity of tank, dps, and healer.  Any class can tank, damage, or heal, so finding groups will be much easier and the dynamic of GW2 will be different from so many MMOs.

Plus, no monthly subscription.  A booya
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

I think the true WoW killer is time. WoW has been on top for like 7+ years, it's time for something new I would assume. I mean, hell, Halo got beaten by CoD in 6 years.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

Halo didn't lose to CoD because of time, CoD was pretty much just a better game IMO.  The reason why CoD keeps selling rehashed sequels, because honestly, there isn't any shooter out there that is better than it :| which is a really sad thing.

I'm so pumped for GW2, a bunch of my friends and I are gonna play the living shit out of it - im just afraid im gonna fail  my classes

Also, you can import your own music into the game's soundtrack.

You know what this means?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI-AeHFJ_hE

WHILE I ROAM THE PLAINZ
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

ranger wrote: u wot m8?
I have no idea what these words coming out of your fingers are

and I don't doubt that WoW is dying, but I think it's crazy to say that GW2 is what will do it. GW2 will have a good player base, and WoW may die off at around the same time, but I don't think that anywhere near the number of people are gonna abandon WoW for GW2 as is needed for it to be branded "the MMO that killed WoW".

There are still cast times, and there's still skills you spam, and autoattack skills, the main difference between the two is that you can move while casting in GW2. And dodging is on a cooldown, so the majority of the fight will probably be similar to the WoW PvP method of "run around in a circle around your enemies" type of deal for a lot of it. I mean yeah there's aiming involved, but it's not 100% skillshots like some people make it sound like.

I will say though that the lore aspect of it's pretty cool though. Although, the lack of variety for certain backgrounds is sorta silly when they're made really specific, like how roughly 1/3 of all human characters will have a sister that they lost in a centaur attack.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

also while I have the chance, you still all need to get Beyond Good and Evil. Seriously, go out and get it, it's on XBLA, you will not regret it.

This does make me realize that my list has like 5 Ubisoft games, once again proving that Ubisoft currently rules the world.

Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

In GW2 you can have a shark as a pet. GW2 here I come \o/

Well, WoW kinda shot himself in the leg.

Burning Crusade! Yay!
Awesome! You fight against the Lich! Yay!
A big dragon that toasts you while you're questing, yay!
What will come next? Something even more awesome!!!

PANDAS! Ya... what?

the climax was kinda crushed :x
Pandas are awesome tho.
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

well from what I hear, they're actually gonna try to make this expansion more about the horde vs alliance rather than a big central baddie who's separate from the whole horde vs alliance thing, as evidenced by the final  raid being the siege of Orgrimmar where you finally get to kick Garrosh's teeth in. Though, who knows how much the rest of the expansion will actually focus on it, since they've said "we're gonna ramp up the horde vs alliance action in this expansion!" with lame results more than once :P
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

I know :P
But still, the "new thing" is the panda XD
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

Akonyl wrote:
ranger wrote: u wot m8?
I have no idea what these words coming out of your fingers are

and I don't doubt that WoW is dying, but I think it's crazy to say that GW2 is what will do it. GW2 will have a good player base, and WoW may die off at around the same time, but I don't think that anywhere near the number of people are gonna abandon WoW for GW2 as is needed for it to be branded "the MMO that killed WoW".

There are still cast times, and there's still skills you spam, and autoattack skills, the main difference between the two is that you can move while casting in GW2. And dodging is on a cooldown, so the majority of the fight will probably be similar to the WoW PvP method of "run around in a circle around your enemies" type of deal for a lot of it. I mean yeah there's aiming involved, but it's not 100% skillshots like some people make it sound like.

I will say though that the lore aspect of it's pretty cool though. Although, the lack of variety for certain backgrounds is sorta silly when they're made really specific, like how roughly 1/3 of all human characters will have a sister that they lost in a centaur attack.

I really think the only people that are still playing WoW are the lvl 85s or w.e the max level is nowadays who are pretty hardcore raiders.  Any new fans are going to be enticed by Guild Wars 2 due to the free subscription, and w.o any influx of new players/old players eventually getting tired of the game, I think WoW gonna get killed

Moving is awesome in combat, its sure going to be a lot more fun than WoW or any other mmo in the past 5-8 years combat (because everyone copied WoW instead of trying to innovate).

Don't care too much about the backgrounds for the characters, so yeah it is going to be a little bit weird - but I do like how you can customize like personalities - but hey, at least its better than not having any background customization at all

And screw pandas
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

just having good combat doesn't mean everyone will flock to it, though. If that was the case, then from what I hear about its combat, Tera Online would be the reigning champion of the world of MMOs. As much can be said about a complex battle system, the exact opposite can be said as well due to accessibility. If the game is too difficult for people who just want to play casually, they won't play as much.

WoW's gonna die eventually, sure, but it's not gonna be GW2 that does it. At most, I'd say it'll get an assist :P