Magic Kaito Complete Vol 2 Release

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
Chibby
Nya?

Magic Kaito Complete Vol 2 Release

Post by Chibby »

Magic Kaito

Volume Two - Complete

Download Link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8vgl1y

Here we are, the entirety of MK's second volume available as a single download, with several tweaks but overall a general tidying-up thereof. This took me way longer than it should have, mostly due to life being life. As I said in the thread for Ch. 13's re-release, the changes aren't drastic; I'll go into that in a bit. As a side note, the links for the previous chapters have been updated as well, and while those downloads will still each have credits on the title pages, the volume download will only have them in the beginning.

As far as changes in the translations, the biggest one is Aoko's self-referral. I've switched it back to third-person, barring the occasional time when I can't dance around the need for a self-reference and there's really just no way around using first-person (mostly at times when it's an implied "I" as the sentence subject, or in cases of first-person-plural -- also usually implied -- when it would just sound too awkward otherwise). A good example is when Aoko comes home in Ch. 9: she uses the phrase "tadaima," which I've kept as "I'm home" because having her use her name would be giving Nakamori a clue he's not supposed to get.

Otherwise, it's mostly small things. Sometimes things involving side effects, like changing the card gun's "Poof" to a "Pon," because it was frankly starting to bother me how ridiculous that was. Or the one in Ch. 10 that I cleaned the panel for, and then completely forgot to put the translated one back in. It's in place like it should be now. Everything else should mostly be formatting stuff.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention it, but the previous versions I did of these chapters are still available through my Twitter, if anyone wants/prefers those.
Last edited by Chibby on December 6th, 2011, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter is ChibbyScans for anyone interested.
xpon
Community Sepll Chkecer
Spreading the cuteness, all over DCTP

Re: Magic Kaito Complete Vol 2 Release

Post by xpon »

thank you very very very much......

2 volume more to go.

thanks again
xpon is so cute...
Image                         Image
Even Ayumi~chan and Sera~chan love to hug him.....
Thanks to sonoci & Yuri
Ocianne

Post by Ocianne »

Awesome! Thanks for your hard work.  :)
blue-y
Been reading Conan since I was a kid back in primary school and now I've graduated with a Bachelor's degree :P meanwhile Shinichi/Conan is forever young^^;

Post by blue-y »

Hi, just wanted to say that the link of Magic Kaito vol.2 on the side bar of dctp.ws (purple in colour) is no longer valid. So maybe you should update the link with this new one? Just suggesting.

So I suppose those are the links to the old versions?
Chibby
Nya?

Post by Chibby »

blue-y wrote: Hi, just wanted to say that the link of Magic Kaito vol.2 on the side bar of dctp.ws (purple in colour) is no longer valid. So maybe you should update the link with this new one? Just suggesting.

So I suppose those are the links to the old versions?
I don't have any control over the sidebar. I'm just a random forum member that decided to do these scans, so I'm actually not sure who would have to be contacted about that.

Also, sorry, I wasn't clear when I mentioned the "old" versions. I wasn't referring to the original LCAAS or Jane (or whoever did CH 07) scans, but the previous releases that I did before going back, cleaning up, and tweaking them for the compilation of Vol. 2 here. I've edited it to be more clear.
My Twitter is ChibbyScans for anyone interested.
Citra Zaoldyeck

Post by Citra Zaoldyeck »

finally.......thanks for the link :3

glad that sendspace doesn't deleted the file :P
spn
You can never know.

Post by spn »

Great work, please keep it up. : )
I own the german versions of the books, but it's always good to have a digital backup, if it's in another language or not. XD