[DCTP] "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives" (OUT NOW IN ENGLISH!)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

[DCTP] "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives" (OUT NOW IN ENGLISH!)

Post by Jd- »

https://www.youtube.com/embed/APxQW8dFBSU?rel=0&showinfo=0
NOW RELEASED!
Grab the patch from here on the forums or the dedicated subsite!

Welcome to our official topic for Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives. For those unfamiliar, this game for the Nintendo DS saw our beloved Conan cross paths with Kindaichi Hajime—a fellow anime & manga detective of comparable renown. Like Kudou Shinichi, Kindaichi is a high school detective that assists the police in tackling the most puzzling of cases.

This game was originally released only in Japan in early 2009. Ever since, we have toyed with the idea of translating it. We worked sporadically on it in the interim, unsure if it were a project that could ever actually be finished. Recently, we resolved to do everything possible to finish this game, in English, for everyone to enjoy considering there is no possible way it will ever be localized through official channels.

We have the best possible team working on this project and they are doing magnificent work at every turn. This is not something we can usher out in a matter of days, however: there is enough text in this game to match the dialogue of all the Detective Conan movies to date put together—and then some. Even beyond just the translating of the scripts is the technical aspect. We are localizing everything we possibly can into English, and that, as you can imagine, is no easy feat. All of the graphics, system texts, and gameplay have to be adapted into English with no obstruction to the reader. With all of the hacking, translating, and editing that remains, there is still much work to be done. But, with your support, it will be possible to finish this game for everyone. We will certainly do our best, at least! Check out the screenshots and videos below and get ready!

Expected Release Date: June 29th 2015 at 6:00 PM EDT

The Story

After receiving a distressing correspondence from a former classmate requesting his presence, high school detective Kindaichi Hajime travels to Twilight Island to investigate the anguish behind the letter. Meanwhile, as fate would have it, Edogawa Conan has been introduced to a modern folktale by Professor Agasa—on an island in the south that serves as a premiere tourist resort, inhabitants have been mysteriously disappearing for extended periods of time before suddenly returning without explanation. What's more: When they disappear, they are transported to an alternate version of that very same island. Intrigued, Conan consents to investigate the case while his companions vacation at the tourist trap known as Twilight Island. As the mystery deepens and it becomes clear their two cases are more related than it first seemed, a grand case unfolds that requires the unmatched reasoning powers of both young detectives.

Screenshots
All work below represents a work in progress and is presented for sampling purposes and is not indicative of the final release

Image  Image  Image

Image  Image  Image

Image  Image

Videos
All work below represents a work in progress and is presented for sampling purposes and is not indicative of the final release

►Intro Movie◄
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaPK4wGqbbY
(JUNE 5th, 2013) The introduction movie that plays at the beginning of a new file.

►Menu Test◄
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pZTXEiRY7g
(JUNE 5th, 2013) Some testing of various menu functions and touring the various areas one can access.

►Prologue Gameplay [OLD]◄
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT_UoXUFLYk
(MAY 24th, 2011) The opening fifteen minutes of the game (essentially, its prologue). This is a much older build that's missing quite a few assets, but it's still a fair approximation of what to expect.

►First Chapter Gameplay◄
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab0W5ECHYCs
(JUNE 5th, 2013) A clip of the first 11 minutes of the game's first chapter, mostly from Kindaichi's perspective.

How Will I Play it?
Once the game is released, you will have two options for playing the game. The first is to utilize a Nintendo DS emulator, which will run on basically any modern computer. This game is very untaxing, so the list of compatible machines should be nearly limitless. The second option is to own your own Nintendo DS system and use a flashcard to load the game onto it.
Last edited by Jd- on June 24th, 2011, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Re: [DCTP] Detective Conan & Kindaichi: Chance Encounter of

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE \o/

I'm willing to help \o/
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
ConanEdogawa142

Post by ConanEdogawa142 »

Interesting...
Spoiler: Apparently, A signature hidden in a spoiler box
............................Image..............................

Introducing ConanEdogawa142's Fresh Noodles! Only $19.99!
Otto von Bismarck wrote:Our German forefathers had a very kind religion. They believed that, after death, they would meet again all the good dogs that had been their companions in life. I wish I could believe that too.
breva

Post by breva »

That's awesome!
and I'm willing to help a well :)
King InuYasha

Post by King InuYasha »

Well, I'm interested. Why not? If you need my help, let me know!
ImageImage
Yukimi
Didn't you ever want to do this to the evil shadow

Re: [DCTP] Detective Conan & Kindaichi: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives (DS)

Post by Yukimi »

I've already stated I'm willing to help. I'm playing it in japanese right now and I'm just at the point after investigating the first
Spoiler:
corpse. I don't think I have to put in spoilers that in a DC game there's a corpse :P but just in case.
I'm taking it slowly with exams and all. Up until now the game has been ridiculously easy but since it's just the beginning and it's for kids, it's normal.

Grats on the great work :D
Last edited by Yukimi on June 24th, 2011, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Join Oshoku! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Yurikochan
Conia's Wife
Secretly in love with N...

Re: [DCTP] Detective Conan & Kindaichi: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives (DS)

Post by Yurikochan »

Always willing to help! \o/
Mafia: The only place where you can find Gin and Akai married together with 8 kids all disguised as Akai. Or something epic like that.
Conia wrote: Why am I thinking a ferret is an experiment from PT to mix the charm of dogs with the evilness of cats? :V

Image Kay and her friends...
red.orchid

Post by red.orchid »

That was interesting! Thank you all for working on this! Anything I can help?! \o/
Secret Santa 2015
Spoiler:
Secret Santa 2016
Spoiler:
KnightNaruto

Post by KnightNaruto »

That's awesome
sounds interesting, I'll help if I have the time :P
Neechan

Post by Neechan »

I can help, just tell me what to do :)
ImageImageImage
Spiritgal304
The one and ONLY Spirit!

Post by Spiritgal304 »

As of right now I have lots of free time I have to play with if you are in desperate need for more testers.  >:3  Also the fact you guys are taking your time to translate this and not getting paid for it at all.... DAMN!  Course with all the work going into the manga, anime and movies still....DAMN!  But it's all for the love of that little detective guy.  lol
xpon
Community Sepll Chkecer
Spreading the cuteness, all over DCTP

Post by xpon »

Yay Image
xpon is so cute...
Image                         Image
Even Ayumi~chan and Sera~chan love to hug him.....
Thanks to sonoci & Yuri
Walbuls
Community Hero
"I Like the Name Because it has Poop in it."

Post by Walbuls »

is a DS required or will this be emulator friendly?
ziraulo
Finally broke that Lurking Spell...

Post by ziraulo »

Wow! This is gonna be awesome for sure! ^^ But is this for the DS itself, or an emulator?
Spoiler:
They hatched!!! I'm a mom!!!!

Image Image Image

My tumblr: http://ziraulo.tumblr.com/

3DS Friend Code: 0189-9300-8351
Sora The Key

Post by Sora The Key »

Emulator should do. but R4 will also be good as well. since i dont have a R4 I cant play on my DS, I guess I'll play on my Emulator then :D