Can anybody help? O.o

If you have some randomness to share that you can't post elsewhere, this is the place to do it.
kat1214young

shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu

Posts: 857

Contact:

Can anybody help? O.o

Postby kat1214young » August 17th, 2008, 3:30 am

My problem is that I plan to take Multimedia Arts in college but I know nothing about photoshop or flash animation (or was that video? p.q see I don't even know the name T.T) which is really a disadvantage for me. All I know is free hand drawing. Yeah, just drawing with pencil and paper and sometimes I play around on Paint and end up drawing doodles ^.^;
thanks DCTP!!! ♥♥♥
[img width=500 height=92]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/821/request538.jpg[/img]
Image Image Image

thanks very much ShinRan36!!!! ♥♥♥ *mwah*
Zane
User avatar

AZFS Founder

Posts: 33

Contact:

Re: Can anybody help? O.o

Postby Zane » August 17th, 2008, 12:20 pm

kat1214young wrote: My problem is that I plan to take Multimedia Arts in college but I know nothing about photoshop or flash animation (or was that video? p.q see I don't even know the name T.T) which is really a disadvantage for me. All I know is free hand drawing. Yeah, just drawing with pencil and paper and sometimes I play around on Paint and end up drawing doodles ^.^;


Well, I've got a decent amount of Experience with Flash , Photoshop, and the gist, but its really something that take's time and effort to learn, before taking it in College i'd suggest to download the trial version of Flash from Macromedia's website and start looking of some free (or payed (http://www.learnflash.com << Or something like that) tutorials to learn the basics of creating Flash Animation.

For example , making a website in Flash is really quite a simple task, my first attempt was uploading my first flash website (http://www.zsoccer.vze.com), I have a few resources for tutorials (free one I believe) on my old PC at a friends house so i'll update this post with links if I can get them.

Adobe Photoshop really is not much more complicated, it , like flash, takes quite a bit of time to fully understand so you can use it to its full potential.

Remember though, Adobe Photoshop and Flash are quite expensive programs to purchase so start with tutorials or use a friends registered copy.

~Zane
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
--Zane
kirite
Cookie-Eating Moderating Machine
User avatar

Chillin'

Posts: 1762

Contact:

Re: Can anybody help? O.o

Postby kirite » August 17th, 2008, 3:51 pm

I think the most important thing in any art program is to have a traditional good base.  If you have that, utilizing Flash and Photoshop will be a breeze ;).

Quote shamelessly stolen from Hoang Nguyen, who is a veteran digital artist:

"Remember software is just a tool, as for the different applications, whether you use Photoshop, Painter, ArtRage or any other packages, you have to remember it's just a tool.  It's the artist behind it that defines the art.  No amount of filters or special effects is going to cover up your mistakes.  A solid and strong foundation will carry you far."
Hey, I have an idea, let's have a THIS SUCKS / NO THIS SUCKS / NO YOU / NO YOU argument for a couple pages, that will really be great. - Ingmar
kat1214young

shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu

Posts: 857

Contact:

Re: Can anybody help? O.o

Postby kat1214young » August 18th, 2008, 1:48 am

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that  ;D

kirite wrote:I think the most important thing in any art program is to have a traditional good base.  If you have that, utilizing Flash and Photoshop will be a breeze ;).

Quote shamelessly stolen from Hoang Nguyen, who is a veteran digital artist:

"Remember software is just a tool, as for the different applications, whether you use Photoshop, Painter, ArtRage or any other packages, you have to remember it's just a tool.  It's the artist behind it that defines the art.  No amount of filters or special effects is going to cover up your mistakes.  A solid and strong foundation will carry you far."



:'( such a nice quote...

LOL thanks kirite!!!!

Oh yeah, if you know Charlie the Unicorn, that was made in flash right? XD
Last edited by kat1214young on August 18th, 2008, 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
thanks DCTP!!! ♥♥♥
[img width=500 height=92]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/821/request538.jpg[/img]
Image Image Image

thanks very much ShinRan36!!!! ♥♥♥ *mwah*
SkyVenger
Community Hero

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Posts: 877

Re: Can anybody help? O.o

Postby SkyVenger » August 18th, 2008, 5:30 am

For picture editing, I use Picasa2 from Google. It's different from Photoshop, but I advise that you take it. It's more like Microsoft Office Picture Manager... but it's better, of course ;D Use this with Photoshop because they have different features

BTW, if you're downloading/buying the Macromedia set (Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks), Fireworks is the same as Photoshop... but getting the set costs less than buying two different softwares, haha ;D

Extra Q: (To others) Can you remove the white background of pictures in other formats aside from PNG? Thanks :) 
Zane
User avatar

AZFS Founder

Posts: 33

Contact:

Re: Can anybody help? O.o

Postby Zane » August 18th, 2008, 2:41 pm

kat1214young wrote:Thanks for the tip. I'll try that  ;D

kirite wrote:I think the most important thing in any art program is to have a traditional good base.  If you have that, utilizing Flash and Photoshop will be a breeze ;).

Quote shamelessly stolen from Hoang Nguyen, who is a veteran digital artist:

"Remember software is just a tool, as for the different applications, whether you use Photoshop, Painter, ArtRage or any other packages, you have to remember it's just a tool.  It's the artist behind it that defines the art.  No amount of filters or special effects is going to cover up your mistakes.  A solid and strong foundation will carry you far."



:'( such a nice quote...

LOL thanks kirite!!!!

Oh yeah, if you know Charlie the Unicorn, that was made in flash right? XD


Yes I'm quite sure Charlie the Unicorn was made using flash, but converted from .swf to .flv or such. www.kirupa.com has some need flash tutorials you could start with.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
--Zane
avidfan
Posts: 65

Re: Can anybody help? O.o

Postby avidfan » August 18th, 2008, 7:37 pm

meh, wtch monalisa mde w/ mspaint, haha (offtopc)
kat1214young

shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu

Posts: 857

Contact:

Re: Can anybody help? O.o

Postby kat1214young » August 18th, 2008, 10:50 pm

Zane wrote:Yes I'm quite sure Charlie the Unicorn was made using flash, but converted from .swf to .flv or such. www.kirupa.com has some need flash tutorials you could start with.


Thanks
thanks DCTP!!! ♥♥♥
[img width=500 height=92]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/821/request538.jpg[/img]
Image Image Image

thanks very much ShinRan36!!!! ♥♥♥ *mwah*
SkyVenger
Community Hero

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Posts: 877

Re: Can anybody help? O.o

Postby SkyVenger » August 19th, 2008, 10:57 pm

avidfan wrote:meh, wtch monalisa mde w/ mspaint, haha (offtopc)


"Adik ka" ;D
Must watch for those who love fan art (promoting EclecticAsylum) :D
kirite
Cookie-Eating Moderating Machine
User avatar

Chillin'

Posts: 1762

Contact:

Re: Can anybody help? O.o

Postby kirite » August 20th, 2008, 12:24 pm

lol you guys, if you're going to start naming programs at least give a small introduction to them xD.
Hey, I have an idea, let's have a THIS SUCKS / NO THIS SUCKS / NO YOU / NO YOU argument for a couple pages, that will really be great. - Ingmar
Aluecard

yes it is true ~ for Alue

Posts: 967

Contact:

Re: Can anybody help? O.o

Postby Aluecard » August 20th, 2008, 7:37 pm

kirite that just like you  ;D
1980-2011/3
R.I.P

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests