Marble Hornets

If you have some randomness to share that you can't post elsewhere, this is the place to do it.
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Marble Hornets

Post by mangaluva »

Warning: this thread is about the Slender Man mythos. Do not read alone...

This is the link to the introductory video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmhfn3mgWUI

Marble Hornets is an series of YouTube videos that are one of the most prominent "Slender Man" diaries out there. If you don't already know what the Slender Man is... you don't want to. Oh, okay... http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... SlenderMan

The Slender Man started as a horror photoshop creature by Victor Surge on the Something Awful forums, and has grown into a complex mythos of isolation, insanity and blood. The Marble Hornets series begins as a show of the tapes left behind by a missing student who was acting increasingly strangely before he vanished, and ends up a slightly Paranormal Activity-style video diary of the friend who tries to find out what happened to him, and inevitable draws the attention of exactly what happened to him....

Eh, I shouldn't bother with an intro. You probably didn't click on this thread unless you knew what Marble Hornets is anyway. So discuss, share theories and tips on watching the videos, try to reassure each other that there's nothing outside of the window...

Oh, and I always find this an effective way to cheer up after watching too many MH entries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj6F_piB_HE
Thank you, LittleKuriboh.
Tanner-kun

Re: Marble Hornets

Post by Tanner-kun »

I am going to check them out, I am alone though :P ....and its raining.
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

Hmm, interesting.  (And very creepy! I've only watched the intro and Entry #1 so far.. haha...)
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
Tanner-kun

Post by Tanner-kun »

Just finished #10 all I noticed so far is that entry 8 is right before entry 1 do to the lamp.
CarpetCrawler
Community Hero

Post by CarpetCrawler »

There's a FANTSTIC playlist out there that plays the videos in order, as well as the totheark videos, which may seem nonsensical at first, but they are ESSENTIAL, as they contain clues to the main series, and one even has the missing audio that one of the entries is missing.

Here's the link, everything is in order. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmhfn3mg ... D8&index=1

This series is AMAZING. Looking forward to debating with you guys on what's been going on. <3
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

Found the Marble Hornets tvtropes page, it includes some pretty interesting theories and links to interviews. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... bleHornets

Personally, I actually find the masked guy to be the scariest part. He's in my nightmares.
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

Here's a website that helps with the order of entries as well:  http://marblehornets.wikidot.com/the-entries
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
CarpetCrawler
Community Hero

Post by CarpetCrawler »

mangaluva wrote: Personally, I actually find the masked guy to be the scariest part. He's in my nightmares.
His name is "Masky". There are theories that there are more than one of him.
Spoiler:
Current theory is that Jay is one of them!! :-X
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

CarpetCrawler wrote:
mangaluva wrote: Personally, I actually find the masked guy to be the scariest part. He's in my nightmares.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Isn't Tim meant to be one of them as well? That's what I think. Bet those pills he was taking that Jay now seems to have mess your head up or something.
alicetama
shsl kawaii

Post by alicetama »

Manga... this is just creepy! CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPY.

When I clicked on the tvtropes page and saw the picture, I didn't notice anything at first. Then, I noticed him. It was really scary. Dx

Now... please tell me that I'm just overreacting because this is literally scaring me. DX
Why? You never win the cursed war.
CarpetCrawler
Community Hero

Post by CarpetCrawler »

mangaluva wrote:
CarpetCrawler wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Isn't Tim meant to be one of them as well? That's what I think. Bet those pills he was taking that Jay now seems to have mess your head up or something.
Spoiler:
In the first video of the new season note the water bottle in Jay's car. That's one of Tim's things, he used to drink water constantly.

Also, there's no doubt there is more than one Masky. The person that attacked Jay in the recent video is most definitely Tim, but it's not doubtful whatsoever that Jay was attacked by Tim in the time between the last entry of last season and the first video of the new season, since Jay claims he doesn't remember anything between those time frames at all.
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

CarpetCrawler wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CarpetCrawler wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
In the first video of the new season note the water bottle in Jay's car. That's one of Tim's things, he used to drink water constantly.

Also, there's no doubt there is more than one Masky. The person that attacked Jay in the recent video is most definitely Tim, but it's not doubtful whatsoever that Jay was attacked by Tim in the time between the last entry of last season and the first video of the new season, since Jay claims he doesn't remember anything between those time frames at all.
Spoiler:
Quite possibly, he was going around attacking people as a Masky. Like... Jessica? Or maybe she's one too...
Or maybe both.
CarpetCrawler
Community Hero

Post by CarpetCrawler »

mangaluva wrote:
CarpetCrawler wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CarpetCrawler wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Quite possibly, he was going around attacking people as a Masky. Like... Jessica? Or maybe she's one too...
Or maybe both.
Spoiler:
It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if Jessica was the next new victim. Note the notes in her room that Jay discovered, with the famous Slender Man insignia. Just like what happened to Jay and Alex.
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

CarpetCrawler wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CarpetCrawler wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
CarpetCrawler wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Or maybe both.
Spoiler:
It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if Jessica was the next new victim. Note the notes in her room that Jay discovered, with the famous Slender Man insignia. Just like what happened to Jay and Alex.
Spoiler:
I wonder what happened to her... unless, paranoia suggests, she was the Masky that attacked him.
Also, I wonder what happened to Alex and his girlfriend. Actually, did we ever get a good look at the girlfriend? Who was she?