The thread where you tell about your dreams

If you have some randomness to share that you can't post elsewhere, this is the place to do it.
pofa
Community Savior

Armchair sorcerey

The thread where you tell about your dreams

Postby pofa » January 24th, 2011, 3:58 pm

Because awesome dreams bear repeating  ;D and weird/bad dreams aren't as bad if you talk about them and figure out where they might have come from.  :)

pofa's weird/bad dream:

[spoiler]I was in my old dorm from undergrad school and getting ready to go because I had to help my (current) professor with his class. I was late, though, so I decided to just go barefoot and run. However, when I went outside, the music building had disappeared, so I hesitated.

When I looked down, there were fat, spike-legged, translucent gray caterpillers with beetle's wings crawling over my feet. When I got up the courage, I bent down and started grabbing them and throwing them away. There was some guy beside me doing the same thing. Then he screamed at the same time that I realized there was some kind of red and clear capsule hidden under all the bugs' wings. The other guy had stepped on a bug and the capsule broke open, and there was some kind of acid inside that was eating his feet (he was barefoot too).

I was freaked out, and I sat down really hard on the ground. However, when I stood up I was in the dorm room again flipping through TV channels trying to find the college station so I could figure out which room my professor's class was in. I couldn't find it, and moreover, the bug acid had eaten through the strap of my purse, so it was useless for me to do anything. (? :P) I figured I would just get in trouble then.[/spoiler]

--

Possible reasons for this :-\ :

[spoiler]The premise: I really did have to help with my professor's class this morning, and I was dreading it a little because I knew he'd talk to me about a paper I turned in the other day (turns out he hadn't read it yet :P).

The bugs: I found a lizard/salamander of the same weird color in my dorm's sink once at undergrad school and I've never forgotten it, but I don't know why it popped up in this dream.

The acid: ???[/spoiler]
ImageImageImage

Superman = Captain America > Aquaman = Hal Jordan > Wonder Woman > Barry Allen > Thor > Martian Manhunter > The Hulk > Wasp > Hawkeye > [power gap] > Iron Man = Batman > [power gap] > Hank Pym
Vylash

Re: The thread where you tell about your dreams

Postby Vylash » January 24th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Kaito kid drowning in a pool...that's all I remember :|
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » January 24th, 2011, 4:03 pm

that'll teach you to step on bugs :P

Interesting thread, I could post a few of my old dreams to it from my dream text-file I used to keep when I get home :V
Kor
Administrator

Postby Kor » January 24th, 2011, 4:08 pm

I usually remember my dreams after I wake up, and they are usually kinda creepy, but I usually forget them.
itsashleylove

Credits to ã‚‚ å­

Postby itsashleylove » January 24th, 2011, 4:28 pm

Not going to put all the details of this dream, but it started out with my friend and I and then turned into a dream with a boy and girl :o
But you're amazing when you smile
When I see you smiling, I start to feel good ♥

nomemory

TheElderNom

Postby nomemory » January 24th, 2011, 6:57 pm

Last dream I had, that I can remember, was about my teeth rotting away, really gross. But my teeth has always been fine.
my dA account

"Sick of tea?! That's like being sick of breathing!" - Iroh (Avatar - The Last Airbender)
Tanner-kun

Postby Tanner-kun » January 24th, 2011, 11:01 pm

:3 Gonna stay quiet.
PT
Community Mad Scientist

to cammel's bav we go!

Postby PT » January 24th, 2011, 11:20 pm

I don't usually remember my dreams.

Most of the time.
pofa wrote: I have never done a single thing wrong in mafia, never one lie or act of violence
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » January 24th, 2011, 11:26 pm

a few entries from my dream.txt (written a bit oddly because most of them were written just as I woke up and just in an effort to remember them):

"I had a dream about meowing cactuses last night"
[spoiler]
well that wasn't the entire dream. But there were these little cacti that were shaped like upside down snowmen that had these eyes + mouths on them and whenever you made a meowing sound at them they'd meow back and they sounded like a kitten

it was really :3[/spoiler]

" I had a really vibrant dream yesterday"
[spoiler]
like everything so so sharp and beautifully colored.

at one point, the joker (who was a weird mix between classic and ledger) messed my day up and I ended up becoming one of the last 6 people on earth because of something I did. I walked along, unable to face the other 5 people that remained until I found the joker. People then came back to life and I was so happy to see them and they were happy to no longer be nonexistent.

my house consisted of multiple buildings in a spacious grassy plain and were made of wood. They all had wooden windmill blades with tattered blue cloths that slowly rotated in the wind. There was an overpass between two of these houses through which golden green light shone through the ceiling as the only light. One of the rooms in the house was a bar with a glass floor. Underneath us was space, and there were no walls, just stars.

in the end, I was a piece of algae in a shallow pool beneath my house. Sirens blared and I knew that a radioactive attack from the joker was coming down into the pool in an attempt to destroy us. I was only one piece of algae, but I saw entire colonies of 40 algae or more being wiped out and I was scared. But, there were a few others like me that were one algae, and they survived. Some even became two algae. And then it hit me

and then I don't remember anything else

but it was definitely a pretty and colorful dream.[/spoiler]

King of the Snow Caravan
[spoiler]
I am in a caravan of sleds going through thick snows in the mountains. We are being chased by some sort of monstrous force, like demons or something. I am apparently the leader/king, and I begin to lag behind. At the top of a hill, I am pushed along a path with deep snow by one of my servants, to hide me as I sled along. Something happens though, and I am apparently presumed dead. I might actually die.

Later I come back to the mountain camp of these people, and they attempt to kill me as an imposter of their dead king, but I claim that I'm him (or perhaps I'm a clone of him, I was thinking about this before sleeping, having multiple bodies but the second one only becomes active after the first is killed), and they don't believe me at first. Something happens and then maybe they do?

I don't wear kingly things, instead it's just a dark winter coat with the hood closed most of the way. We all dress practically.[/spoiler]

there was another dream I was looking for (as it is the most depressing yet amazing dream I've ever had) in the txt, but I can't find it. D:
Paix672

Postby Paix672 » January 24th, 2011, 11:36 pm

PhoenixTears wrote:I don't usually remember my dreams.

Most of the time.
Same here. Unless they're too bizarre. XD
CarpetCrawler
Community Hero

Postby CarpetCrawler » January 25th, 2011, 4:20 am

My dreams are usually "slice of life" dreams. I don't dream about things like "meowing cactuses" or whatever, usually just me driving somewhere and something happens. Sometimes, my dreams are continuations of old dreams, for example, one that I had just now. I know they're continuations because I remember the little things that remind me that "oh yeah, I remember that, that happened in another dream."

Sometimes they become things strange and unrealistic are out of nowhere, like the one time I dreamed that I was in a college where not only did you have class there, you also lived there and did you everyday shopping there, and there was some kind of odd conspiracy that I was trying to figure out on my own. What that conspiracy was, I'll never remember, I guess. Or the other time I worked in a therapy clinic as a therapist, and the clinic was also a Wal-Mart that had three floors, and a food court. Yeah. I have a lot of dreams about being in Wal-Mart for one reason or another. A LOT.

Some people keep dream journals so that they can go over and analyze their dreams. Hindsight is 20/20, I totally wish I was doing that as far back as even 14, because these dreams are... shall we say... interesting. I should start keeping a dream journal.
Abs.
DCTP Staff Hero

Postby Abs. » January 25th, 2011, 5:08 am

The most interesting dream that I had in the past week involved me getting shot in the head.  So yeah.  :|

Well, I shot the other guy in the head too (and he died) but the whole situation would probably not have come up if only I hadn't hesitated so long about shooting this other guy who was a buddy of mine (and happened to be on the wrong side)...  Hmm, I think he died too, anyway, since he got shot by the guy I shot

I'm gonna stop now
Your opinion is always requested in Abs.' Random Polls of Whenever
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » January 25th, 2011, 9:20 am

Abs. wrote:The most interesting dream that I had in the past week involved me getting shot in the head.  So yeah.  :|

Well, I shot the other guy in the head too (and he died) but the whole situation would probably not have come up if only I hadn't hesitated so long about shooting this other guy who was a buddy of mine (and happened to be on the wrong side)...  Hmm, I think he died too, anyway, since he got shot by the guy I shot

I'm gonna stop now

what's with you and gettin' shot D:

I had two more dreams last night:
1) I looked out my window and saw my car, and I remote started it so it would be warm when I got to it. Obviously, this dream is about how I wish I had a remote starter and lived closer to my car so I could have it start getting warm before I go to work :V
2) I was at some pool party, where there were a bunch of people from college, people I didn't know, and some people from DCTP (some who were just "from DCTP" because I didn't know who they were at all, but my brain told me they were from DCTP :V), and it was an awesome party until I realized something was wrong and I wandered off into the night to solve some kind of weird alien/monster mystery or something.
edit: Also in Dream 2, everyone was given a bottle of alcohol with their name on it (all different brands) and I looked at mine and it was this tiny thumb-sized can thing and I was sad.

I wonder what these dreams are trying to tell me... it's almost as if I hate winter or something...
Last edited by Akonyl on January 25th, 2011, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
PT
Community Mad Scientist

to cammel's bav we go!

Postby PT » January 25th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Abs. wrote:The most interesting dream that I had in the past week involved me getting shot in the head.  So yeah.  :|
What the..? Is that the theme of the week or what? A friend at work mentioned yesterday about having a dream where he was shot in the head.
pofa wrote: I have never done a single thing wrong in mafia, never one lie or act of violence
pofa
Community Savior

Armchair sorcerey

Postby pofa » January 25th, 2011, 1:10 pm

I dreamed about getting a glitch egg in Pokefarm. :l It was a bit of a letdown after the last dream.

Once I start playing mafia again, I'll start dreaming about getting shot in the head, too. :P
ImageImageImage

Superman = Captain America > Aquaman = Hal Jordan > Wonder Woman > Barry Allen > Thor > Martian Manhunter > The Hulk > Wasp > Hawkeye > [power gap] > Iron Man = Batman > [power gap] > Hank Pym