What's on your mind?

If you have some randomness to share that you can't post elsewhere, this is the place to do it.
Iwamoto Yuri

SPARKLES

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » February 28th, 2018, 6:01 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I saw WAAAAAAY more interest from people in figure skating than I've ever seen in my life. Like I felt like I paid even less attention to the Winter Olympics and somehow saw vastly more figureskating discussion without trying to look for it. And considering what piece of popular on the internet animated entertainment came out since the last Winter Olympics, it's hard for me to not assume it was even more influential than I expected. :p

You mean me on ice? ;)

Started excercising again yesterday. Holy heck I hadn't realised how bad I'd gotten. I can't do push ups anymore :'( .
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
dumytru

Postby dumytru » February 28th, 2018, 6:59 am

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I saw WAAAAAAY more interest from people in figure skating than I've ever seen in my life. Like I felt like I paid even less attention to the Winter Olympics and somehow saw vastly more figureskating discussion without trying to look for it. And considering what piece of popular on the internet animated entertainment came out since the last Winter Olympics, it's hard for me to not assume it was even more influential than I expected. :p

You mean me on ice? ;).

Oh wow! :D

I had such a strange dream about Detective Conan.
Conan was in vacation at some mountains, and went out to test his snowboard. Some young man (looked teenager, short brown hair) was following Conan around.
By some mistake, Conan collides with him and that was actually Gin in disguise (the disguise is messed up because of the collision), turns out Gin was following Conan for quite a while. At this point Conan just runs away on his snowboard, reaches some isolated village where is a Halloween-like event, but literally everybody is cosplaying Gin and Vodka.
Conan tries to hide and figure who's the real one. At this point I woke up.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...

dumytru's Karaoke Project!
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Postby kkslider5552000 » March 2nd, 2018, 2:54 am

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:

You mean me on ice? ;)

Iwamoto on Ice is my favorite anime. :P
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » March 2nd, 2018, 7:53 am

Why can't we give likes on this forum...
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic

Chapter 29 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 13.4.18 (13th of April)

Chapter 2 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 28.5.18 (28th May)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.
Iwamoto Yuri

SPARKLES

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » March 5th, 2018, 3:15 am

MoonRaven wrote:Why can't we give likes on this forum...

I've wondered the same thing many many times
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
dumytru

Postby dumytru » March 5th, 2018, 9:38 am

I hate days when there's nothing to do at work. I just have to hang around doing literally nothing for 8 hours :/
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...

dumytru's Karaoke Project!
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » March 5th, 2018, 7:22 pm

dumytru wrote:I hate days when there's nothing to do at work. I just have to hang around doing literally nothing for 8 hours :/

Even the short amount of times this happened to me for only part of a day is annoying, I can only imagine what 8 hours would be like. :/

Henry Gordan

Most likely DCTP's biggest Formula 1, The Beatles, The Who and cross-country skiing fan

Postby Henry Gordan » March 6th, 2018, 2:17 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:
dumytru wrote:I hate days when there's nothing to do at work. I just have to hang around doing literally nothing for 8 hours :/

Even the short amount of times this happened to me for only part of a day is annoying, I can only imagine what 8 hours would be like. :/

My summer job last year was like that. Morning was busy and afternoon I had nearly nothing to do for three hours
"Why have you brought us to shelter in a fuel dump, Andrew?"
Iwamoto Yuri

SPARKLES

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » March 6th, 2018, 2:26 am

Henry Gordan wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:

My summer job last year was like that. Morning was busy and afternoon I had nearly nothing to do for three hours

I think all jobs have those moments, sadly :T

On a side note, I think I've found the absolute best manga ever.
Spoiler: best manga
ImageDat dab tho
It's a shameless Detective Conan spin off, but it's amazing so far XD
Spoiler: such sass
ImageThey're basically begging him not to enter Beika because people die there. A lot.

Also, basically this:
Spoiler: they noticed
ImageRan has an actual horn now.
Henry Gordan

Most likely DCTP's biggest Formula 1, The Beatles, The Who and cross-country skiing fan

Postby Henry Gordan » March 6th, 2018, 4:30 am

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:
Henry Gordan wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:

I think all jobs have those moments, sadly :T

On a side note, I think I've found the absolute best manga ever.
ImageDat dab tho
ImageThey're basically begging him not to enter Beika because people die there. A lot.

Also, basically this:

Most likelly this summer I won't have those days as much as I'll be working on much bigger hospital. Last year it was more like health center.

AND THAT*S AWESOME RIP-OFF!! Ran should have a horn
Iwamoto Yuri

SPARKLES

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » March 6th, 2018, 5:02 am

Henry Gordan wrote:
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:On a side note, I think I've found the absolute best manga ever.
ImageDat dab tho

Also, basically this:
Best part is she's drawn like that every time she pops up
It's a spin-off made in agreement with Aoyama, though! I've known it was going to come out for a while now, and browsing the book store today I found out it was finally selling. So far it's been absolutely killing me. I'd love to give a go at properly translating it if it's not done yet.
Henry Gordan

Postby Henry Gordan » March 6th, 2018, 5:49 am

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:
Henry Gordan wrote:
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:On a side note, I think I've found the absolute best manga ever.
ImageDat dab tho

Also, basically this:
Best part is she's drawn like that every time she pops up
It's a spin-off made in agreement with Aoyama, though! I've known it was going to come out for a while now, and browsing the book store today I found out it was finally selling. So far it's been absolutely killing me. I'd love to give a go at properly translating it if it's not done yet.

Ooh, I thought it was just made to look like it. But it's official :D
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » March 9th, 2018, 12:59 am

That actually doesn't surprise me. I feel like quite a few popular manga series have gotten weird comedy spinoffs the past decade.

LadyCider

Postby LadyCider » March 10th, 2018, 1:21 am

1. I'm so jetlagged I have no idea what day or what time it is.
2. Lethal Weapon is <3. Doctor Cahill and Agent Palmer are my new girl crushes.
3. I'm so hyping jetlagged dear God.
Wow.
miakakiri

Really not sure what I should put here....

Postby miakakiri » March 10th, 2018, 10:02 am

Recovering from eye surgery. My left eye is not happy and doesn't work very well. Also looks bad, being all red. I have a tendency to keep it closed a lot.
Also trying to get the next chapter of my fic from zero-draft to postable by April 6. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tfm ... sp=sharing
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.
The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.