What's on your mind?

If you have some randomness to share that you can't post elsewhere, this is the place to do it.
bash7353

部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby bash7353 » February 21st, 2018, 7:03 am

It's one of those things that doesn't actually change anything. I find it confusing that some people make such a big deal out of it. All that happened is that they removed a button. As dumytru pointed out, you can still get the link by right-clicking, so I feel at best - or rather worst - users lose a bit of convenience. Websites' designs and button configurations change all the time, there's nothing particularly noteworthy about this one, in my view.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
Iwamoto Yuri

SPARKLES

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » February 21st, 2018, 6:55 pm

It's an annoyance at best really.

What's infuriating, though, is the fact people think the most recent shooting was a hoax. I'd like to kindly request those people to f off :).
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
k11chi

Postby k11chi » February 21st, 2018, 6:58 pm

Bought this handy home massager. 69,95€.. Black one that looks cooler at another sports store would have been 10€ costier but meh. I think they sell ones similar to this at america (Walmart) for ~$35 but from what I saw on youtube those seem flatter than this so not sure how good they are.
Spoiler:

Definitely works.. Been using it for hours. 20 minutes is the max until it goes out automatically and it can overheat if used longer anyway so 20min then break is how it's supposed to be used. Changes direction every few minutes and has a nice infrared heat to warm muscles up.

I don't think it goes as deep as human massagers but it works Alot better than foam rollers as those don't let you relax.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Postby kkslider5552000 » February 21st, 2018, 8:32 pm

“Squirtle squirtle,” he added after pausing to think for a moment, contemplating the state of his crumbling society. “Squirtle.”
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Swagnarok

Postby Swagnarok » February 22nd, 2018, 12:04 am

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:It's an annoyance at best really.

What's infuriating, though, is the fact people think the most recent shooting was a hoax. I'd like to kindly request those people to f off :).

You're referring to the events in Florida, or something that happened recently in your country?
If the former, I think you misunderstand: The Florida shooting, due to the unusually strong pro-gun control advocacy by the students of the school in question (which, of course, is entirely understandable, given what they've been through), has become somewhat more politicized than usual. As a result, some people on the other side of the aisle have speculated that many of the students protesting are not in fact members of the school but rather paid protesters. To my knowledge, this idea has not been endorsed by any mainstream politicians, and we have little way of knowing just how large a percentage of people have been exposed to and bought into this idea. For all we know, it could be just a few guys on a fringe website somewhere; the news media, of course, would like you to believe that 40-50% of the country (the side whose values and politics are contrary to those of the journalists in question) buys into a conspiracy theory (which, as far as conspiracy theories go, is comparably less severe in scope or bonkers in content). I've yet to hear anybody claim that the shooting itself is a hoax, though admittedly a fairly large number of people did believe this about Sandy Hook.
Spoiler:
Unshackled lycanthrope as I am, only my appetite matters
I'm numb to all but this overwhelming sense of satisfaction
Leaning back my head to rest, letting my feral eyes nod off
My pants stained by the scarlet trickle leading from the body
My heart stops beating, and the razor thin tightrope snaps
Helplessly I plunge headfirst into the wrong side of eternity
My cup runneth over with bad karma, the pressure building
I will never escape the piercing glare of their lavender eyes

My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » February 22nd, 2018, 10:41 am

I got a summer job!
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 29 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 13.4.18

Chapter 3 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 17.9.18

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
k11chi

Postby k11chi » February 22nd, 2018, 12:51 pm

I've been to masages many times but never been this sore like after using a massage pillow... The only place it doesn't feel like it can penetrate deep enough is middle of the neck.. maybe EMS units would be more useful for that.

MoonRaven wrote:I got a summer job!

Sounds like a miracle getting a job feels impossible
Kamite

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

Postby Kamite » February 22nd, 2018, 1:21 pm

New Laptop, new tablet, loving this moment.
Iwamoto Yuri

SPARKLES

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » February 22nd, 2018, 10:18 pm

Swagnarok wrote:You're referring to the events in Florida, or something that happened recently in your country?
The only shootings we have in Holland are mostly related to the criminal circuit. School violence isn't common.
So yeah, naturally I'm talking to Florida.
Swagnarok wrote:If the former, I think you misunderstand: The Florida shooting, due to the unusually strong pro-gun control advocacy by the students of the school in question (which, of course, is entirely understandable, given what they've been through), has become somewhat more politicized than usual. As a result, some people on the other side of the aisle have speculated that many of the students protesting are not in fact members of the school but rather paid protesters.
Another reason to be annoyed by people, but I didn't misunderstand. Also, it doesn't matter how many people believe it, the fact it's suggested at all is ridiculous.
Swagnarok wrote:To my knowledge, this idea has not been endorsed by any mainstream politicians, and we have little way of knowing just how large a percentage of people have been exposed to and bought into this idea.
Except the one that got fired for sending a conspiracy video to a newspaper you mean? He's not mainstream, but that was a thing.
Swagnarok wrote:I've yet to hear anybody claim that the shooting itself is a hoax, though admittedly a fairly large number of people did believe this about Sandy Hook.
I'm sure the number is small, but I've seen people say it online.

Don't get me wrong, I get very well that the number of people who believe it is small, but them thinking it in the first place is annoying.
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » February 24th, 2018, 2:45 am

People who aren't smart enough need to stop pretending they can do good, negative critiques on things.

On the other hand, I have to admit that I'm annoyed that I've done better negative critique on good things, but wasn't smart enough to put them on a Youtube video that conveniently gets 100s of thousands of views because it's unintentional(?) fandom/troll bait.

MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » February 25th, 2018, 1:33 pm

The Olympics are over now. Whee... Finland got six medals! One of them Gold and one Silver! And the medal ceremony was in the closing ceremony. So great! And unusual. But hearing our national anthem in the closing ceremony was such an amazing moment.

And the Closing Ceremony itself was great too. Maybe a bit overboard with the computer magic and colors but overall great. And today was the Figure Skating Gala too! It was brilliant.

Such a great day today.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 29 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 13.4.18

Chapter 3 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 17.9.18

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Henry Gordan

Most likely DCTP's biggest Formula 1, The Beatles, The Who and cross-country skiing fan

Postby Henry Gordan » February 25th, 2018, 5:35 pm

MoonRaven wrote:The Olympics are over now. Whee... Finland got six medals! One of them Gold and one Silver! And the medal ceremony was in the closing ceremony. So great! And unusual. But hearing our national anthem in the closing ceremony was such an amazing moment.

And the Closing Ceremony itself was great too. Maybe a bit overboard with the computer magic and colors but overall great. And today was the Figure Skating Gala too! It was brilliant.

Such a great day today.

Oh yes, the amount of golds was small, but at least the ceremony was most likely watched by more than most medal ceremonies. And that gold was quite much his to be taken
"Why have you brought us to shelter in a fuel dump, Andrew?"
Iwamoto Yuri

SPARKLES

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » February 25th, 2018, 8:27 pm

The Dutch won 7 out of 10 gold speed skating medals and 20 in total making us fifth in the total ranking....
I knew we were good at skating but whoa... 7/10 is crazy XD.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » February 25th, 2018, 11:04 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I saw WAAAAAAY more interest from people in figure skating than I've ever seen in my life. Like I felt like I paid even less attention to the Winter Olympics and somehow saw vastly more figureskating discussion without trying to look for it. And considering what piece of popular on the internet animated entertainment came out since the last Winter Olympics, it's hard for me to not assume it was even more influential than I expected. :p

Henry Gordan

Most likely DCTP's biggest Formula 1, The Beatles, The Who and cross-country skiing fan

Postby Henry Gordan » February 26th, 2018, 10:05 am

Rock am Ring has both MUSE and Gorillaz and many other big names. But I am at work whole summer so I can't go to Germany :(
"Why have you brought us to shelter in a fuel dump, Andrew?"