What's on your mind?

If you have some randomness to share that you can't post elsewhere, this is the place to do it.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Re: What's on your mind?

Post by MoonRaven »

Insects are flying in through open window... but I need to ventilate the room...
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Tests are coming up, I'm trying to make homework, study and work on my speaking test all together but I'm struggling to keep going. Honestly, I'm surprised my add hasn't been an issue sooner... And even then I'm still forcing myself to do something, which is somewhat surprising.
Guess I'm really motivated to do this XD.
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

This may sound like a really dumb question, but:
Under the Japanese calendar, the current year is Heisei 29, if I'm not mistaken. Despite this, should a foreigner visiting the country just assume any local person would know what he's talking about if he were to say "2017"? Is it plausible that he might encounter someone who didn't know what he meant?
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

People will almost certainly know. I do actually get the impression that people are using the era calendar less and less. It might have something to do with globalisation, and the adaptation to the rest of the world. But I guess it's also that it's hard to talk about the future. For instance there's a Shinkansen line going to be built with a scheduled completion in 2045. Referring to that as 'Heisei 57' is rather curious, especially now that it's been all but decided that the next year will be the last of the Heisei era.

Most people will use the Gregorian calendar, except in formal or official contexts. So people will understand you - as long as you speak Japanese, that is. But 2017年 is not gonna confuse anyone.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

I'm also pretty sure they use the Gregorian calendar in anime. One example is Psycho-Pass, pretty sure they used ~2114. Macross Frontier also is in year 2034 (I think!).
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Swagnarok wrote:This may sound like a really dumb question, but:
Under the Japanese calendar, the current year is Heisei 29, if I'm not mistaken. Despite this, should a foreigner visiting the country just assume any local person would know what he's talking about if he were to say "2017"? Is it plausible that he might encounter someone who didn't know what he meant?
The majority of Japan goes by the Gregorian calendar so they'll definitely understand what you're talking about.
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Hopefully, this should be the last question for a while (and I'm sorry, but I have this unlucky knack for typing in questions on search engines like Google and Bing and then *not* being able to find an answer no matter how I rephrase it; if it's any consolation at all, this question being answered will be of great help as I write my next fanfic story, provided that the answer is the one I'm hoping for).
Does the information stated on Japanese Drivers Licenses include height?
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

As you can see, it lists your name, date of birth, address, date from which it is valid and date on which it expires as well as what you are able to drive. I'm not sure what the bottom stands for tho...
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:Image
As you can see, it lists your name, date of birth, address, date from which it is valid and date on which it expires as well as what you are able to drive. I'm not sure what the bottom stands for tho...
Dang it. Well, I've come up with an excuse that should allow me to proceed anyway. Thanks for being so patient.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

I feel like the past 3 weeks Summer forgot it was Summer. Until today, I've borderline not needed my AC at all. It's weird.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Maaah, onaka ga itai....
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:Maaah, onaka ga itai....
That sucks. Do you know if it was something you ate, or maybe the water?
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Swagnarok wrote:
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:Maaah, onaka ga itai....
That sucks. Do you know if it was something you ate, or maybe the water?
It's the monthlies :V
LadyCider

Post by LadyCider »

I got bored of chasing Muse tone, so I'll switch to chasing QOTSA tone for the time being.

Probably looking at... 3k in future damage - give or take?
Wow.