What's on your mind?

If you have some randomness to share that you can't post elsewhere, this is the place to do it.
Iwamoto Yuri

SPARKLES

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » March 30th, 2017, 7:42 am

Making food for my hanami picknick tomorrow~ Plus my to get list has gone to zero~. Now I can look for other things I want but don't really need.

bash7353 wrote:
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:
bash7353 wrote:How long are you gonna be in Japan for?

If all goes well a year and two months.

Oh, that's quite a long time. What will you be doing there?

I'll be studying​ Japanese at a language school in Shibuya (I've already been enrolled there but paperwork takes a while). After that it's a holiday of two months where me and my mum will be travelling and I hopefully get to test my new language skills.
The Yuri to Japan give-away is back once more! Go HERE to check it out!
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
miakakiri

Really not sure what I should put here....

Postby miakakiri » March 30th, 2017, 9:31 am

Anime Boston starts today. I still don't even want to go anymore. A friend of mine who lives nearby (at least sorta-near?) offered to let me stay at her place, which helps... but... I still don't wanna go. I have to, for work. But.... I'm paying all my expenses myself (maybe I can talk my boss into covering transit?) and the mall where the convention takes place has no tea shop (for stress relief) and no food court. Sure, there are restaurants, but most of them are either noodle places or bread-focused places (ie, au bon pain). I can't eat that stuff(gluten), it'll give me a migraine. And we have a "skit" that is pretty much ridiculously dumb.... just us dancing, and it's a STUPIDLY easy dance and I feel like we're just going to look dumb. I sorta have a story around it, but I never got around to writing the script, partly because I didn't know I NEEDED a script and voices until a couple weeks before the A/V was DUE. We didn't even have music at that point, which we had to fix, stat. I've come so dang close to cancelling the whole skit so many times.... I still don't really want to do it. We have music and everything is all set now. But I don't really wanna do it. I'm gonna feel like an idiot up on stage in front of 3000 people doing a "mirror dance" that doesn't even work well because my partner doesn't really "get" mirrors... one hand up, step in that direction, that hand down, other hand up, step in that direction, hand down, spin in place, clap, hands down, repeat 5x more, finish pose. Stand in finish pose until music fades. I just.. I really just don't even want to. At all.
I wanna stay home.
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.
The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
This version is currently running 1 chapter behind.
cinnamoroll

Making the world a sweeter place :)

Postby cinnamoroll » March 30th, 2017, 10:47 am

Tuesday I finally signed the papers for my new apartment.
Now they have two weeks to call me and set a date to go check it out.

I'm excited, this whole buying process started in July 2015, finally the apartments are ready! (they were just starting to build when I bought it) Soon I'll be moving to my own place! No more renting \o/
Spoiler: Awesome Christmas present from Kain <3

Spoiler: KL's cute Christmas present ^^

Spoiler: Cute Christmas present by Stoppy ^^

Spoiler: PT <3

Spoiler: Jeck's Frosty :3
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » March 30th, 2017, 4:54 pm

cinnamoroll wrote:Tuesday I finally signed the papers for my new apartment.

I'm excited, this whole buying process started in July 2015, finally the apartments are ready! (they were just starting to build when I bought it) Soon I'll be moving to my own place! No more renting \o/

Congratulations!
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Stopwatch

Postby Stopwatch » March 30th, 2017, 8:06 pm

miakakiri wrote:Anime Boston starts today. I still don't even want to go anymore. A friend of mine who lives nearby (at least sorta-near?) offered to let me stay at her place, which helps... but... I still don't wanna go. I have to, for work. But.... I'm paying all my expenses myself (maybe I can talk my boss into covering transit?) and the mall where the convention takes place has no tea shop (for stress relief) and no food court. Sure, there are restaurants, but most of them are either noodle places or bread-focused places (ie, au bon pain). I can't eat that stuff(gluten), it'll give me a migraine. And we have a "skit" that is pretty much ridiculously dumb.... just us dancing, and it's a STUPIDLY easy dance and I feel like we're just going to look dumb. I sorta have a story around it, but I never got around to writing the script, partly because I didn't know I NEEDED a script and voices until a couple weeks before the A/V was DUE. We didn't even have music at that point, which we had to fix, stat. I've come so dang close to cancelling the whole skit so many times.... I still don't really want to do it. We have music and everything is all set now. But I don't really wanna do it. I'm gonna feel like an idiot up on stage in front of 3000 people doing a "mirror dance" that doesn't even work well because my partner doesn't really "get" mirrors... one hand up, step in that direction, that hand down, other hand up, step in that direction, hand down, spin in place, clap, hands down, repeat 5x more, finish pose. Stand in finish pose until music fades. I just.. I really just don't even want to. At all.
I wanna stay home.

This may sound stupid idk but I thought vermicelli noodles were gluten-free?
Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.

Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Iwamoto Yuri

SPARKLES

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » March 30th, 2017, 9:53 pm

Vermicelli is made with wheat (unless you're looking at the Asian version, in which case it's made with rice flour).
The Yuri to Japan give-away is back once more! Go HERE to check it out!
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
miakakiri

Really not sure what I should put here....

Postby miakakiri » March 30th, 2017, 11:10 pm

Stopwatch wrote:
miakakiri wrote:Anime Boston starts today. I still don't even want to go anymore. A friend of mine who lives nearby (at least sorta-near?) offered to let me stay at her place, which helps... but... I still don't wanna go. I have to, for work. But.... I'm paying all my expenses myself (maybe I can talk my boss into covering transit?) and the mall where the convention takes place has no tea shop (for stress relief) and no food court. Sure, there are restaurants, but most of them are either noodle places or bread-focused places (ie, au bon pain). I can't eat that stuff(gluten), it'll give me a migraine. And we have a "skit" that is pretty much ridiculously dumb.... just us dancing, and it's a STUPIDLY easy dance and I feel like we're just going to look dumb. I sorta have a story around it, but I never got around to writing the script, partly because I didn't know I NEEDED a script and voices until a couple weeks before the A/V was DUE. We didn't even have music at that point, which we had to fix, stat. I've come so dang close to cancelling the whole skit so many times.... I still don't really want to do it. We have music and everything is all set now. But I don't really wanna do it. I'm gonna feel like an idiot up on stage in front of 3000 people doing a "mirror dance" that doesn't even work well because my partner doesn't really "get" mirrors... one hand up, step in that direction, that hand down, other hand up, step in that direction, hand down, spin in place, clap, hands down, repeat 5x more, finish pose. Stand in finish pose until music fades. I just.. I really just don't even want to. At all.
I wanna stay home.

This may sound stupid idk but I thought vermicelli noodles were gluten-free?

I'm not sure I see what that has to do with the difficulty of finding safe food.
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.
The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
This version is currently running 1 chapter behind.
LadyCider

Postby LadyCider » March 31st, 2017, 1:00 am

cinnamoroll wrote:Tuesday I finally signed the papers for my new apartment.

Woah, congratulations cinna! This is a huge deal - so happy for you <3
How can we win when fools can be kings?
Raspbryl

Postby Raspbryl » March 31st, 2017, 1:28 am

5 more days until the new Persona 5 Delay
"Oh goddammit Rasp" - Anon

k11chi

Postby k11chi » March 31st, 2017, 1:46 am

Dragon Quest XI release date to be announced April 11.
Raspbryl

Postby Raspbryl » March 31st, 2017, 2:00 am

k11chi wrote:Dragon Quest XI release date to be announced April 11.

not a fan of the MC's design but I think the only one in the franchise I've been all that fond of was Aurora

k11chi

Postby k11chi » March 31st, 2017, 2:33 am

Raspbryl wrote:

not a fan of the MC's design but I think the only one in the franchise I've been all that fond of was Aurora

It's a design kind of like what Angelo had so it's not the usual DBZ hero design and it would be nice to see the MC have some kind of character traits than being just angry. The games do an amazing job at having the MC's have a powerful lore behind them like in Hand of the Heavenly Bride, Journey of the Cursed King and even Sentinels of the Starry Skies (where the MC can be modified) but the self-insert personality part doesn't really do them any favours.
Raspbryl

Postby Raspbryl » March 31st, 2017, 6:19 am

k11chi wrote:
Raspbryl wrote:

It's a design kind of like what Angelo had so it's not the usual DBZ hero design and it would be nice to see the MC have some kind of character traits than being just angry. The games do an amazing job at having the MC's have a powerful lore behind them like in Hand of the Heavenly Bride, Journey of the Cursed King and even Sentinels of the Starry Skies (where the MC can be modified) but the self-insert personality part doesn't really do them any favours.

Yeah if you're not going to give me a character with a personality can I at least have the option to play a girl? it's the same issue I have with SMT games - they proved back in P3P they CAN do it when they want to and it still works.

cinnamoroll

Making the world a sweeter place :)

Postby cinnamoroll » March 31st, 2017, 9:35 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:Congratulations!

LadyCider wrote:Woah, congratulations cinna! This is a huge deal - so happy for you <3

Thanks guys <3
Spoiler: Awesome Christmas present from Kain <3

Spoiler: KL's cute Christmas present ^^

Spoiler: Cute Christmas present by Stoppy ^^

Spoiler: PT <3

Spoiler: Jeck's Frosty :3
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » March 31st, 2017, 11:20 am

For some reason Turn Back Pendulum isn't anywhere online so instead I decided to buy it.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic

Chapter 27 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 22.8.17 (22nd of August)

The sequel, Leaping into the Dream has gotten its first chapter 13.4.17 (13th April)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.

Return to “Off-Topic”