Today's Bad Stories !

If you have some randomness to share that you can't post elsewhere, this is the place to do it.
Stopwatch
User avatar
Posts: 1357

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby Stopwatch » June 10th, 2015, 12:48 pm

The more exams I take, the more I realise I'm really not going to get into the uni I wanted to :/.
Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.

Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Image
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
Image
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Image
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image
miakakiri
User avatar

Really not sure what I should put here....

Posts: 1490

Contact:

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby miakakiri » June 10th, 2015, 10:17 pm

Bloody ants are everywhere!!!!
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.
The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
This version is currently running 1 chapter behind.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
User avatar

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Posts: 7697

Contact:

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby kkslider5552000 » June 10th, 2015, 10:39 pm

miakakiri wrote:Bloody ants are everywhere!!!!

I have a feeling after you're done, this sentence will not have to be changed in any way.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

Image

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
miakakiri
User avatar

Really not sure what I should put here....

Posts: 1490

Contact:

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby miakakiri » June 10th, 2015, 11:28 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:
miakakiri wrote:Bloody ants are everywhere!!!!

I have a feeling after you're done, this sentence will not have to be changed in any way.

Yeah, it tends to be even worse when I've squashed like 20 of them in the same room and haven't pulled the vacuum out yet.... ~_~*
Except currently I'm annoyed by ants going by on the ceiling. I can't reach to squish them. I am average height (though I'm the shortest in my household) and my flat has high ceilings.... I have to stand on a stool to reach the top shelf in the pantry. ~_~*
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.
The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
This version is currently running 1 chapter behind.
mangaluva
User avatar

Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Posts: 5260

Contact:

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby mangaluva » June 11th, 2015, 3:35 pm

With the sun comes ALL OF THE BUGS TO EAT ME ALIVE

Although I have two bug bites on tattoos so I wonder if those bugs liked getting a mouthful of ink instead of blood
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
User avatar

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Posts: 7697

Contact:

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby kkslider5552000 » June 11th, 2015, 7:16 pm

mangaluva wrote:With the sun comes ALL OF THE BUGS TO EAT ME ALIVE

Although I have two bug bites on tattoos so I wonder if those bugs liked getting a mouthful of ink instead of blood

You found a new scientific discovery: ants that like ink.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

Image

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
miakakiri
User avatar

Really not sure what I should put here....

Posts: 1490

Contact:

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby miakakiri » June 18th, 2015, 5:12 pm

Back pain. ~_~*
Yesterday I managed to push through and get all the errands done. My back had been warning me for a while that it wasn't particularly pleased with me. I've been trying to function like a 'normal' person and not take the cane with me everywhere. Yesterday I took the cane with me because I knew I was going to start having problems if I didn't.
Recycle drop-off was fine without the cane, because it took all of 5 minutes and half of that was driving in/out of the drop-off area. Rather startled when I narrowly avoided stepping upon a wasp, but all went well enough. Bank was fairly painless as well, though I did need to lean on my cane in the line. Even the drugstore trip worked reasonably well, though I was definitely starting to need my cane, and the thing I went looking for wasn't at the drugstore and I'm not sure why I thought it would be.
Trouble hit around the time we headed to the mall. I quickly determined that the cane wasn't going to be enough, so one of our first stops within the mall was to borrow a wheelchair. This allowed me to get all the wandering I wanted to do accomplished. Stopped by GameStop and paid off our pre-order of Persona 4 Dancing All Night, wandered through a couple other shops, picked up dark purple hair dye and the last few things I need for my Sailor Venus cosplay for Saturday. Visited with people at Teavana, got lunch, and then got ready to head out.
Muddled through a couple quick errands in another plaza with just the cane--a stop at a different GameStop because Archi was looking for a particular used game (we got it) and then at the salon-supplies shop for the wig cap I need for my costume. I was leaning on both my cane and Archi's arm on the way into the grocery, though, so he suggested I should probably use the MartCart (motorized scooter thing; I'm bad at driving so I don't like to use them) rather than try to get away with leaning on the grocery cart.
By the time we finished at the first grocery store, my back was starting to get pretty mad, so we talked about having him just drop me at home and make the second grocery run alone (there are certain things that are only available at one shop or the other, so we have two primary grocery stores we go to each week). Traffic caused that plan to shift, as we hit rush hour. So we went to the second grocery store instead of going home, and I used the MartCart again. After putting stuff into the car, I managed to get the cart stuck in a hole and had to shift it out, which really didn't help my back.
By the time we got home, I was not in a position to do anything, and couldn't even manage to reach into the laundry basket to get the socks out and fold them. Sadly, nothing I tried worked very well for getting my back to behave. I was really hoping to be recovered enough for work this morning.
Worst part about this morning? Not the fact that pain woke me up at 4-something in the morning. Not the fact that I needed the cane to walk from my bed to the bathroom (which is attached to my bedroom). Not even the fact that I scared Keeper awake with the cane. I had to call out of work, and my boss sounded like she didn't believe me about being unable to function. So I'm likely to get read the riot act for failing to make it to work because my back pain was so bad I needed help to walk 12 feet. Come on, really? You think I'm just skipping out 'cause I want to? No, I like going bowling, it's fun. Yes, I realize I'm disappointing my client. I'm disappointing myself. Sometimes there really isn't a way to just "push through it" and be fine. I wish she'd actually believe me, but she clearly doesn't understand chronic pain. ~_~*
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.
The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
This version is currently running 1 chapter behind.
mangaluva
User avatar

Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Posts: 5260

Contact:

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby mangaluva » June 25th, 2015, 5:38 pm

Special Snowflake Tourist of the Week:

"Why don't you take dollars? You take pounds and euros!"
"Well, we are in the UK and the EU, ma'am, which is why we're required to take euros as well as pounds, but I'm afraid we don't accept any other currency."
"But you SHOULD take dollars!"
"I'm afraid we're unable to, ma'am."
"But you HAVE to! America is a superpower! WE CAN BOMB YOU OFF THE MAP!"


...we don't take russian roubles either, ma'am, no matter how many nukes THEY have, or chinese yuan no matter how many £100 cashmere scarves they buy (and ye gods do Chinese tourists like their £100 cashmere scarves) so please, calm your tits. (What I wish I could say. Can you believe I'm not allowed to speak freely even to people like this?)
Henry Gordan
User avatar

Most likely DCTP's biggest Formula 1, The Beatles, The Who and cross-country skiing fan

Posts: 149

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby Henry Gordan » July 19th, 2015, 5:47 am

Jules Bianchi died yesterday. Rest in peace.
Image
"Why have you brought us to shelter in a fuel dump, Andrew?"
Giogio
User avatar

Why not?

Posts: 142

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby Giogio » July 21st, 2015, 3:30 pm

So, I was about to complain about how I can't focus on studying for my exam tomorrow anymore, but after reading all your stories that seems kinda dumb. *Just hugs everyone*
........................................................................................................... Image
mangaluva
User avatar

Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Posts: 5260

Contact:

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby mangaluva » July 22nd, 2015, 2:16 pm

Welp, now my feet have gotten so bad that I can't actually stand up. Feet take SO BLOODY LONG to heal.

But I'm not exactly heartbroken about staying off work to sit around watching Netflix.
miakakiri
User avatar

Really not sure what I should put here....

Posts: 1490

Contact:

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby miakakiri » July 23rd, 2015, 10:02 pm

Argh.... Today has been quite the day. This morning really didn't go so well.
I nearly overslept, because I'm on medications that make me drowsy, which makes getting up in the morning a lot harder than it ought to be. So because of how late it was when I finally managed to drag myself out of bed, I didn't have time to make tea and thus was un-caffeinated. I didn't have the presence of mind to remember where the maple syrup we just bought got put, and I didn't have the patience to stand around getting the last few drops out of the old jug, so I put honey on my Eggos. This... didn't work very well, the flavors just don't go together quite right.
Off to the theatre! No problems finding seats. Lots of construction nearby and tons of bus-loads of kids coming to see the play. So I went out to the front again to meet my client, and I brought my purse with me because there wasn't anyone in the seats next to us yet so I couldn't ask someone to keep an eye on it for me. I thought I'd buy a glowstick (as I'd once again forgotten to bring the ones I have at home). Only when I went to purchase one (after retrieving my client) I discovered that I'd dropped my coinpurse somewhere. I knew it had to have been sometime after I found our seats, as I'd pulled the coinpurse out just before leaving the theatre proper to meet my client. So I told a couple of the ushers that it was missing and what it looked like, and was told to check with the box office later, as any dropped items would be handed in there. After the play (Aladdin) ended, my client and I walked over to the box office to ask about my coinpurse. Fortunately, it had indeed been found, so I got it back.
Next step of the morning was to get ice cream! That went well, until I noticed, as I settled into my seat, that there was red on my client's plastic spoon. He had chosen a caramel-vanilla flavor, so there shouldn't be anything close to red in his cup. "Dude, why is there blood in your ice cream?" "Um... I dunno. It's good ice cream." "Did you bite your lip?" "I'm sorry." Initial examination wasn't very conclusive--I could tell blood was coming from his mouth, but it was hard to tell if it was his lip or his tooth that was bleeding. He seemed annoyed that I was keeping him from his ice cream, so I let him finish while I texted his mother about it. After he polished off his ice cream "Really yummy" he let me take a closer look. Looked like he'd managed to slice his lip against one of his teeth. He didn't seem at all concerned and didn't want me to call his mom or anything (she hadn't answered my texts yet). "OK, dude if you say you're OK, then I'll go with that. Let me know if there's a problem though, alright?" I texted his mom with the new info and he happily ate his lunch. I gave him a pretzel from my lunch, and he didn't react to the salt (although he was more interested in the corn chips he'd brought). After we finished eating, I ran the question of calling his mom by him again, and he once more assured me it was fine.
We walked back to my place (it's about a two-mile hike through downtown, good exercise) and I took another look at his lip when we got there. No more bleeding, just a sort of white spot where the blood had been seeping from before. "All good, dude?" "Yeah."
So that was my morning.... ~_~* Oh, when his mom responded she basically said to go with whatever he was up for. I was all "Ok, just wanted to let you know."
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.
The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
This version is currently running 1 chapter behind.
Kaito Lady
User avatar

*plotting*

Posts: 3366

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby Kaito Lady » August 12th, 2015, 11:30 am

So I have chicken pox.
It's hell. Its horrible and I hate every second of it.
Last night I couldn't sleep because of the itch and I'm sure I'll go mad because of it soon.
Have I mentioned how horrible this is?
"Plotting since forever"
Image
Spoiler: Fear The Wrath Of My Hammer!
Image
Thanx Yuri for the Awesome pic :D

DCTP Forums=a place where anyone is anyone's sibling/parent/child....and therefore is the best place on earth <3
Spoiler: Write a Will, BO Edition
Image

Spoiler: Whenever in doubt
Image

DCTP Cat Family
My dA
Memesu
User avatar

Call out

Posts: 1028

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby Memesu » August 12th, 2015, 12:09 pm

*Hugs* :/
Secret santa gift from PT <3
Image
"Despite everything, it's still you"
Dear you -cry-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELpphS1d8zc
Jecka
User avatar

Hey there *dying inside*

Posts: 3350

Contact:

Re: Today's Bad Stories !

Postby Jecka » August 12th, 2015, 4:15 pm

Kaito Lady wrote:So I have chicken pox.
It's hell. Its horrible and I hate every second of it.
Last night I couldn't sleep because of the itch and I'm sure I'll go mad because of it soon.
Have I mentioned how horrible this is?

DDDDDDDDDDDDD: That's terrible! *hugs*
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

cron