Haunted house

If you have some randomness to share that you can't post elsewhere, this is the place to do it.

What will you do?

Go upstairs
4
40%
Go check out the noise
2
20%
Wait
4
40%
 
Total votes: 10
Memesu
User avatar

I won't be bestowing my favour, so no miracle will occur

Posts: 1061

Haunted house

Postby Memesu » February 19th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Okay, I wanted to put this in the forum games, but for some reason I can't create poll there. So here it is.

Spoiler: The beginning
You stare at the mansion in front of you, a huge dark shape hard to distinguish from the forest around it, and feel your determination waver. Brushing some snow off your shoulder, you can still hear the laughter of your friends, but looking behind you, all you can see are your own footprints and the huge pine trees of the forest towering over them.
You turn towards the mansion again, cold wind blowing behind you. Shuddering and hesitant, you take a step forward, trying to remind yourself of the prize for winning the dare.

The ground under the snow is frozen and slippery. Flailing, you try in vain to keep your balance. The snow softens your fall a bit, but unfortunately your coat and gloves are now wet, making the wind feel even chillier as it passes you again. Your mood darker now, the sound of your friend's laughter feels like it's mocking you.

Getting up, you hear creaking sound coming ahead of you. Looking up you see the mansion's door slowly opening, as if welcoming you. There's still enough light for the door to cast a shadow, but you can't see past the threshold.
Your friend's voices sound very distant now. You can feel something staring at you in the darkness ahead.
Will you go in? Or will you return to your friends?


Spoiler: You chose to go in
You stare at the darkness, still hesitant, but the cold breeze and the overall need to prove that you're not a coward win over your fear and you hurry to the open door.
Passing the threshold, you feel the wind against your face and wonder if there's window open somewhere. Taking few more steps into the mansion, you look around. It isn't any easier to see anything than it was before, but you can make out the shape of a rather large staircase not too far from were you stand.
The door slams shut behind you, trapping you into darkness. Scared, you turn around and try to open it again, but despite your best efforts the door doesn't budge. You want to scream, really, but something inside warns you that that would be a very bad idea. There must be some other way out, you think and turn back towards the staircase. As you start walking towards it, your leg hits something hard, causing you to fall down. Stumbling back up, your hand brushes something and you pick it up. You realize it is...



Spoiler: CROWBAR ROUTE
Crowbar
The item turns out to be crowbar and you wonder if you could use it to get through the door when the sound of something heavy being dragged across the floor reaches your ears. You turn left, your eyes slowly getting used to the lack of light, but whatever was causing that sound wasn't close enough for you to see. It seems to be heading this way, and you start to feel uneasy. Your friend assured you that this place had been abandoned long time ago and yet, listening very carefully now, you're sure you can hear footsteps too.
Both sounds keep getting closer and closer, and the fear you've been holding back starts climbing up again. You tell yourself you're being silly, but it doesn't help. You look at the staircase and then back towards the direction of the sound, unable to decide what to do.

Wait and see
You clutch the crowbar nervously, as both sounds get closer. You hear a thump, before the door on the left slams open with such a force your ears ring afterwards. A horrid stench starts to fill the room and you cover your mouth with one hand, fighting the urge to vomit. You fail. In midst of vomiting, your eyes detect movement, and you swing the crowbar towards it. Whatever you hit staggers backwards, giving you a few moments to back away. To your horror, you realize the thing is now between you and the front door. You take few more steps back and brandish your weapon as the creature fixes its gaze to you and growls. As it straightens up, you can see its way taller than you, reaching almost half-way to the ceiling. It swings its arm towards you and you raise the crowbar to meet it. The force of the blow almost makes you fall, but you manage to find foothold in time.
You decide to...
Head to the door on the left
You block another blow. The creature rushes forward, and you barely manage to step aside. Noticing your change, you slam the crowbar on its head with all your might. The creature goes down, twitching. You take step backwards, panting loudly. Keeping your eyes on the shape, you wipe your mouth with your arm and take few more steps back. It has stopped twitching, but you're still unsure about turning your back on it.

It takes some time, but finally, you relax. The creature hasn't moved for a while now, but you still don't want to get any closer. Maybe there are windows or something on the way it come from. It's worth checking out, you decide and finally turn away from the monster. You run the to door, and just in case, turn to look back once your hand reaches the handle. Still no movement. You sigh in relief and move past the door.
Almost immediatelly, your foot catches something on the floor, and you trip. You manage to avoid falling completely by steadying yourself with your hand. You look back, realizing it must be a large sack. The smell seems to be flowing from it. You gulp. As you try it with your hand, the contents seem both soft and hard. Based on the smell, you can guess far too well what's inside.
You wonder if this caused the thump before the creature slammed the door. The thought makes you shudder, and it's not the only reason. It's getting pretty cold. You really should hurry.
The room seems wide, with almost no furniture. You can see the shape of a sofa in the middle of the room, and it seems to be accompanied by a table, but that's all. You can feel wind on your skin. There definitely is window here. You follow the wind and reach it.
You notice another window right next to it, but you can't feel any wind from that one.

Windy window
You manage to pry to planks away from the window and smash it open. As you climb through it, you can hear horrible roar from behind you. Turning around you see the creature standing in the doorway. You quickly try to get through the window, but it's difficult to squeeze through the shards and the creature grabs your leg, twisting it. You scream in pain, trying to hold on to the window, despite the glass cutting deeply to your hands. After struggling a while, the pain becomes to much, and you let go of the window. The creature slams you onto the floor, then takes your head between its claws. You feebly raise your hands to try to get it off, but its grip is like steel. Before you can do anything else, the creature snaps your neck.



Spoiler: PADLOCK ROUTE
Padlock and key
You wonder briefly why anyone would leave something like this lying around before pocketing it – maybe it could be used for something – and getting back to your feet. The dust in the air makes you cough loudly. Almost immediatelly you can feel change in the air, and from somewhere far away, you hear a loud thump. Your heart jumps to your throat, and you step back quickly, tripping over loose board and falling down, creating even more noise. You hear something heavy being dragged far away, and head towards the stairs as fast as you dare. You're sure it can't be caused by anything good, and anyway, you're sure you can find a window from higher up and use it to give a signal to your friends somehow. With that thought, you carefully climb up. Upon reaching the second floor, you notice cold air flowing from the left, but the way is blocked by what looks like a bed. You look right. That way seems have no obstacles.
You decide to...

Left
You move carefully towards the bed and notice there is stuff under it, but it looks like you could squeeze through small opening on top of it. You look behind you. The sound you heard seem to have stopped. You feel relieved, and start to climb.
It takes some time, but finally you manage to get to the other side. The air flow has stopped. As you take few steps forward, you hear small laugh right next to you. You quickly turn around but you can’t see anybody. Feeling unnerved, you walk backwards away from the blockade. Someone giggles next to your ear. You turn around again, but there’s still nothing to be seen. You almost jump, as cold breeze brushes your cheek. Stumbling a little, your hand finds a door handle on the right side of the hallway. You realize that it’s not locked and wonder if you should check it out when the laughter you’ve heard comes from inside the room. You quickly back away, your back hitting something hard on the other side. Scared to turn your back to the other door, you use your hands and figure out it’s a doorknob. Should you…
Room behind you
You test the doorknob. The door behind you opens easily and you slip in. Taking few steps away from the door, you finally dare to turn your back on it. The moment you do that, the door closes. You turn back and try to open it. It opens and you feel relieved – the front door not opening was bad enough. But the moment you let go of the door, it closes again. At least it appears you’re not stuck here now, so you turn around to check your surroundings. You deduce you’re in someone’s bedroom, as you can see a huge bed from where you stand, illuminated by moonlight. There’s a window on your left, and you feel like jumping from sudden joy. You hurry to the window – it looks like it could be opened easily. And it does. You look down to see how big the drop is – and freeze. You’re staring right into the eyes of white skinned monster, it’s neck bend in horrible angle. Grinning at you, it reveals a row of absurdly sharp teeth. ”Jump.” it hisses at you. You just stare, unable to move.

The creature’s claw, also bend weirdly, reaches towards you. You feel cold all over and jump away from the window. What should you do now? You might be able to jump far enough that the creature doesn’t catch you. Or maybe it would be safer to look for another window elsewhere?

Risk it
You take a deep breath and walk to the window again. Looking down, the creature is still there, wearing horrible grin. It’s hand reaches little past the window down and you’re quite certain it can’t grab you if you manage to jump far enough. The drop seems to be over five meters, but you trust the snow to lessen the impact.
The creature disappears from the window and you hear loud noise downstairs. It is coming after you? You know you need to hurry now. Taking another deep breath, you walk to the door. Then, before you can rethink you run to the window, and jump out.
Falling, you catch a glimpse of the creature as it rushes to the window again, and you can feel its claw almost scratching your back. It lets out furious howl as you hit the snow legs first.
You hear your left ankle snap and the pain causes you to scream. You try to stand up as fast as you can, knowing the creature is still behind you, but it still takes few tries. You use mostly your right leg as you rush away from the house, still not wanting to look behind you.
The creature howls more and as you reach the pine trees shadowing the path you originally took the get here, you finally turn. Looks like the creature can’t leave the house, as it’s clawing the air. You almost stop breathing as its eyes find yours. The anger in them nails you were you stand, and it’s only after the creature turns away and disappears inside the house that you can move again.


You can hear your friends chattering not too far away now. As you step forward your left ankle stings in protest. Did you fall down somewhere? You can’t quite remember. As you reach your friends, you decide that it hardly matters. They are surprised to see you, but ready to leave. And so are you.


Spoiler: Flashlight
You try to turn the flashlight on, but it doesn't seem to work. You shake it a few times and finally small beam of light illuminates your surroundings. What you see doesn't look good; the floor is filled with trash and few broken chairs that look like they had been thrown down the stairs. Few floorboards are loose, and you notice one very near where you'd fallen. Few rusty nails are sticking out. You thank whatever deity it was that made you miss them, and turn the flashlight towards the staircase. It looks safe enough to climb up. In the dust covering it, you can see some footsteps. Looks like you haven't been the only one to break in since the place got abandoned.
You start feeling unnerved, as you notice there are no footsteps leading back down. The feeling intensifies as you hear a bang from somewhere inside the house and almost jump.

It sounded like it came from the left. Turning the flashlight in that direction, you see a door.
You wonder if you should check the noise out or head upstairs.

I'll change the poll every Sunday from now on.
Last edited by Memesu on May 9th, 2018, 7:27 am, edited 17 times in total.
Choose
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13456

Secret santa gift from PT <3
Image
The executioner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_UHO60tkdg&t=332s
"It's me, Chara."
Memesu
User avatar

I won't be bestowing my favour, so no miracle will occur

Posts: 1061

Re: Haunted house

Postby Memesu » February 25th, 2018, 3:17 am

Comments are welcome :P
Choose
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13456

Secret santa gift from PT <3
Image
The executioner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_UHO60tkdg&t=332s
"It's me, Chara."
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
User avatar

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Posts: 7818

Contact:

Re: Haunted house

Postby kkslider5552000 » February 25th, 2018, 4:42 am

I'm glad we all have the same idea.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

Image

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
dumytru
User avatar
Posts: 949

Re: Haunted house

Postby dumytru » February 25th, 2018, 4:43 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:I'm glad we all have the same idea.


:P
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...


dumytru's Karaoke Project!
shinichi'sapprentice
User avatar

I NEED SLLEP

Posts: 9169

Re: Haunted house

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » February 25th, 2018, 4:23 pm

ahahaha fourth vote and still everyone voted the same xd
Stopwatch
User avatar
Posts: 1375

Re: Haunted house

Postby Stopwatch » March 1st, 2018, 7:53 am

I thought "playing along" was a threat shh
Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.

Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Image
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
Image
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Image
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
User avatar

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Posts: 7818

Contact:

Re: Haunted house

Postby kkslider5552000 » March 2nd, 2018, 2:51 am

ok this is just weird now
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

Image

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
MoonRaven
User avatar

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Posts: 4515

Contact:

Re: Haunted house

Postby MoonRaven » March 2nd, 2018, 7:54 am

Flashlight... please guys, pick a flashlight.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.


My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 29 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 13.4.18

Chapter 2 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 28.5.18

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Iwamoto Yuri
User avatar

Regret

Posts: 2485

Re: Haunted house

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » March 3rd, 2018, 12:25 pm

MoonRaven wrote:Flashlight... please guys, pick a flashlight.

If I ever get stuck in a dark space where I need to escape from I'd definitely prefer to have a crowbar which I could use to either hit someone with when I'd need to defend myself or to break free from whatever location I'm stuck in.
Seriously though, your eyes can adjust to a certain extent. Also, it's easier to not be noticed just in case there's a creep lurking in there...

So yeah :T
shinichi'sapprentice
User avatar

I NEED SLLEP

Posts: 9169

Re: Haunted house

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » March 4th, 2018, 12:54 am

Two votes as of this writing! We voted the same whoever was the first one v:
Kamite
User avatar

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

Posts: 536

Re: Haunted house

Postby Kamite » March 4th, 2018, 1:45 am

Why hide? Just face it on head ons, who knows can be friendly.
Iwamoto Yuri
User avatar

Regret

Posts: 2485

Re: Haunted house

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » March 4th, 2018, 10:42 am

Oh gosh no.... You guys have no sense of self preservation. What if what the person is dragging around is dangerous? Not to mention the person themselves might be. No one with good intentions would be at an abandoned house unless they were in the same situation as you.
shinichi'sapprentice
User avatar

I NEED SLLEP

Posts: 9169

Re: Haunted house

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » March 11th, 2018, 5:10 am

To the outside! Time to explore~
dumytru
User avatar
Posts: 949

Re: Haunted house

Postby dumytru » March 11th, 2018, 5:53 am

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:To the outside! Time to explore~


To the (left door) abyss~~ no way back!
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...


dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Henry Gordan
User avatar

Most likely DCTP's biggest Formula 1, The Beatles, The Who and cross-country skiing fan

Posts: 166

Re: Haunted house

Postby Henry Gordan » March 11th, 2018, 8:17 am

It was supposed to be this
Image
but it came out like this
Spoiler:
Image
Image
"Why have you brought us to shelter in a fuel dump, Andrew?"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 6 guests