Share Your Voice

If you have some randomness to share that you can't post elsewhere, this is the place to do it.
Iwamoto Yuri
User avatar

SPARKLES

Posts: 2525

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » August 27th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Hime-Chan wrote:Darkest absol, I think you're either Japanese or Chinese! It's too bad that your microphone wasn't great.

Yuri: I prefer my British accent too, at the end of my recording, my brain was so confused...

https://soundcloud.com/sarah-the-ninja- ... nch-accent
Here it is, the French accent, yeah, hear that, so sexaaaaay. 8-) Rolls off the mouth, doesn't it? /sarcasm

If you want to train on how to pronounce our R, this is the right track...

Link ain't workin!
And I think she's American
Image
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Hime-Chan
User avatar
Posts: 345

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Hime-Chan » August 27th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
Hime-Chan wrote:Darkest absol, I think you're either Japanese or Chinese! It's too bad that your microphone wasn't great.

Yuri: I prefer my British accent too, at the end of my recording, my brain was so confused...

https://soundcloud.com/sarah-the-ninja- ... nch-accent
Here it is, the French accent, yeah, hear that, so sexaaaaay. 8-) Rolls off the mouth, doesn't it? /sarcasm

If you want to train on how to pronounce our R, this is the right track...

Link ain't workin!
And I think she's American

My link? I don't really understand why? Are you still logged in with soundcloud? It doesn't work if you're not logged in, I tried on another browser. But it works fine on the one that I'm logged in *scratches head*
Image
Self-proclaimed Cat-chef and Catetician on DCTP family
Iwamoto Yuri
User avatar

SPARKLES

Posts: 2525

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » August 27th, 2014, 5:47 pm

Hime-Chan wrote:
Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
Hime-Chan wrote:Darkest absol, I think you're either Japanese or Chinese! It's too bad that your microphone wasn't great.

Yuri: I prefer my British accent too, at the end of my recording, my brain was so confused...

https://soundcloud.com/sarah-the-ninja- ... nch-accent
Here it is, the French accent, yeah, hear that, so sexaaaaay. 8-) Rolls off the mouth, doesn't it? /sarcasm

If you want to train on how to pronounce our R, this is the right track...

Link ain't workin!
And I think she's American

My link? I don't really understand why? Are you still logged in with soundcloud? It doesn't work if you're not logged in, I tried on another browser. But it works fine on the one that I'm logged in *scratches head*

I'm still logged in, but I can't open it... I keep getting an Oh no! message.
Image
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Hime-Chan
User avatar
Posts: 345

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Hime-Chan » August 27th, 2014, 5:52 pm

Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
Hime-Chan wrote:
Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
Hime-Chan wrote:Darkest absol, I think you're either Japanese or Chinese! It's too bad that your microphone wasn't great.

Yuri: I prefer my British accent too, at the end of my recording, my brain was so confused...

https://soundcloud.com/sarah-the-ninja- ... nch-accent
Here it is, the French accent, yeah, hear that, so sexaaaaay. 8-) Rolls off the mouth, doesn't it? /sarcasm

If you want to train on how to pronounce our R, this is the right track...

Link ain't workin!
And I think she's American

My link? I don't really understand why? Are you still logged in with soundcloud? It doesn't work if you're not logged in, I tried on another browser. But it works fine on the one that I'm logged in *scratches head*

I'm still logged in, but I can't open it... I keep getting an Oh no! message.


I've just reuploaded it: https://soundcloud.com/sarah-the-ninja- ... nch-accent
does it work now?
Image
Self-proclaimed Cat-chef and Catetician on DCTP family
Iwamoto Yuri
User avatar

SPARKLES

Posts: 2525

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » August 27th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Hime-Chan wrote:
Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
Hime-Chan wrote:
Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
Hime-Chan wrote:Darkest absol, I think you're either Japanese or Chinese! It's too bad that your microphone wasn't great.

Yuri: I prefer my British accent too, at the end of my recording, my brain was so confused...

https://soundcloud.com/sarah-the-ninja- ... nch-accent
Here it is, the French accent, yeah, hear that, so sexaaaaay. 8-) Rolls off the mouth, doesn't it? /sarcasm

If you want to train on how to pronounce our R, this is the right track...

Link ain't workin!
And I think she's American

My link? I don't really understand why? Are you still logged in with soundcloud? It doesn't work if you're not logged in, I tried on another browser. But it works fine on the one that I'm logged in *scratches head*

I'm still logged in, but I can't open it... I keep getting an Oh no! message.


I've just reuploaded it: https://soundcloud.com/sarah-the-ninja- ... nch-accent
does it work now?

Nothing.... are you sure that's the full link?
Image
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Hime-Chan
User avatar
Posts: 345

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Hime-Chan » August 27th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
Hime-Chan wrote:
Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
Hime-Chan wrote:
Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
Hime-Chan wrote:Darkest absol, I think you're either Japanese or Chinese! It's too bad that your microphone wasn't great.

Yuri: I prefer my British accent too, at the end of my recording, my brain was so confused...

https://soundcloud.com/sarah-the-ninja- ... nch-accent
Here it is, the French accent, yeah, hear that, so sexaaaaay. 8-) Rolls off the mouth, doesn't it? /sarcasm

If you want to train on how to pronounce our R, this is the right track...

Link ain't workin!
And I think she's American

My link? I don't really understand why? Are you still logged in with soundcloud? It doesn't work if you're not logged in, I tried on another browser. But it works fine on the one that I'm logged in *scratches head*

I'm still logged in, but I can't open it... I keep getting an Oh no! message.


I've just reuploaded it: https://soundcloud.com/sarah-the-ninja- ... nch-accent
does it work now?

Nothing.... are you sure that's the full link?

The forum is eating it up, but I don't really understand why it doesn't work...
https://soundcloud.com/sarah-the-ninja- ... nt/s-hpV65
how about this one?
Image
Self-proclaimed Cat-chef and Catetician on DCTP family
Iwamoto Yuri
User avatar

SPARKLES

Posts: 2525

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » August 27th, 2014, 6:10 pm

and there you go, the last bit was missing.
Long live a terrible French accent \o/, lest it's better than the Dutch one.
Image
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Hime-Chan
User avatar
Posts: 345

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Hime-Chan » August 27th, 2014, 6:19 pm

Yuri, on what scale do you want to compare our parodies of accents?
I do admit, I've never heard Dutch people speaking English with a Dutch accent, so I don't really have other reference here. At least it sounded slightly closer to English ^^
Image
Self-proclaimed Cat-chef and Catetician on DCTP family
Jecka
User avatar

I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Posts: 3368

Contact:

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Jecka » August 27th, 2014, 6:25 pm

Aww, I wish I could speak in English with a Portuguese accent or even a Brazilian one since I spend most of my time around them :V

Also, Omg Wolf, You did not speak that fast when we met :V *takes away and hides all sugar and/or caffeine from him*
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image
Kor
Administrator
Posts: 2964

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Kor » August 27th, 2014, 6:29 pm

As much as I'd like to do this, I would not dare to record myself without a proper mic. For now I only possess a laptop with a crappy built-in mic.
Image
Iwamoto Yuri
User avatar

SPARKLES

Posts: 2525

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » August 27th, 2014, 6:32 pm

Hime-Chan wrote:Yuri, on what scale do you want to compare our parodies of accents?
I do admit, I've never heard Dutch people speaking English with a Dutch accent, so I don't really have other reference here. At least it sounded slightly closer to English ^^

It's just a French accent. Probably close to a parody French accent, but not too horrible. (and tbh, I can hear it leaking through in your British accent slightly).
As for the Dutch, I know people who speak English like that... Though my interpretation of it was a bit over the top.

@Kor, I only own a built in mic laptop and ipod, but the latter actually records quite well.
Image
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
sonoci
User avatar

Everyone's Child

Posts: 1548

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby sonoci » August 27th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Raiden wrote:
Hime-Chan wrote:Sonoci: I thought your name was pronounced like the italians do "sono-tchi", I was wrong :o

I was under that impression as well. :x You learn something new everyday. XD


Hahah, well to be honest it doesn't matter much to me how people pronounce it xD
Image
Jecka
User avatar

I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Posts: 3368

Contact:

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Jecka » August 27th, 2014, 6:52 pm

sonoci wrote:
Raiden wrote:
Hime-Chan wrote:Sonoci: I thought your name was pronounced like the italians do "sono-tchi", I was wrong :o

I was under that impression as well. :x You learn something new everyday. XD


Hahah, well to be honest it doesn't matter much to me how people pronounce it xD

I think the first time I saw it, the European in me read it as Sono-si. Not sure how I found out it was Sono-ki :P
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image
Loosha
User avatar
Posts: 32

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Loosha » August 27th, 2014, 7:46 pm

Jecka wrote:Aww, I wish I could speak in English with a Portuguese accent or even a Brazilian one since I spend most of my time around them :V

Also, Omg Wolf, You did not speak that fast when we met :V *takes away and hides all sugar and/or caffeine from him*


BUT I NEED THE ENERGY D:<
Jecka
User avatar

I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Posts: 3368

Contact:

Re: Share Your Voice

Postby Jecka » August 27th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Loosha wrote:
Jecka wrote:Aww, I wish I could speak in English with a Portuguese accent or even a Brazilian one since I spend most of my time around them :V

Also, Omg Wolf, You did not speak that fast when we met :V *takes away and hides all sugar and/or caffeine from him*


BUT I NEED THE ENERGY D:<

Too much sugar's not good for you. Find something else.
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests