Magic Kaitou episodes 4 AND 5 discussion thread

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Magic Kaitou episodes 4 AND 5 discussion thread

Post by kkslider5552000 »

This really highlights the problem with Detective Conan right now. Having fun things happen > logical well written murder cases. There, I said it. I love the cases but I want something to happen sometimes. Anything creative or fun or worth watching. I don't care about a series if nothing ever happens outside of some comedies (and even that's less true nowadays). But I dunno, maybe because these two episodes are the complete opposite of Conan right now in terms of story progress but god dammit, this was so necessary right now for the anime.

These two episodes were spectacular and fun. It's everything I love about fiction, taking the absurd and goofy and making it interesting and sometimes genuinely dramatic. And it was so much fun. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

SCREW YOU CONAN MAGIC EXISTS. EVIL NAKAMORI WILL MURDER YOU. NAKAMORI FANTASIZES ABOUT KID BEING INJURED. SNAAAAAAAAAKE.

happy

wait...spider? The hell? Was that in the manga? I like surprises. Also, love the huge window overlooking the city. Always a great edition for any criminal organization boss.
Last edited by kkslider5552000 on November 8th, 2011, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
yamiangie

Re: Magic Kaitou episodes 4 AND 5 discussion thread

Post by yamiangie »

I have to point out they really should have kept the Tokyo tower for episode 4. 
leon3789

Post by leon3789 »

Well the magic existing part was in the manga and if I remember correctly the manga was made LONG before DC started and even longer before Kid appeared in the anime. Removing the witch from the MC anime would kind of ruin some parts of the story of MK wouldn't it?
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

I liked 5, the story was quite nice, the romance was pretty good and the ending seemed interesting. But I thought 4 really sucked (except for the music).
Having fun things happen > logical well written murder cases.
I strongly disagree with this.
Last edited by Wakarimashita on November 8th, 2011, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

KainTheVampire
*the Devil disguised as a mad vampire* >:D

Post by KainTheVampire »

I didn't like that you could see Conan when he's not even supposed to exist yet :|
Conclusion: "This area is full of crap" and "It's a nasty place!"

Drawn by yours truly
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

KainTheVampire wrote: I didn't like that you could see Conan when he's not even supposed to exist yet :|
I think those easter eggs are nice, especially the one in episode 5 which was quite funny.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

yamiangie

Post by yamiangie »

leon3789 wrote: Well the magic existing part was in the manga and if I remember correctly the manga was made LONG before DC started and even longer before Kid appeared in the anime. Removing the witch from the MC anime would kind of ruin some parts of the story of MK wouldn't it?
All of Gosho's extended works except Conan has some sort of magical element in them.  So I do believe magic exists in DC just Conan has never run into it.  Besides poison that have a .01% chance of deageing you ten years is just as fantastical as Witches and magic bats and gloves.
queenmisanagi
hatate--journalist, yandere, certified cutie

Post by queenmisanagi »

Clap your hands if you believe in fairies magic!

I do believe in magic! I do believe in magic!

I vote for Tokyo tower, too. That part where he rescued Akako was so reminiscent of how Toichi met Chikage... but then again, maybe they want Aoko to own that tower. LOL. See Ahoko, you're not the first girl Kaito rescued falling off a tower.

(Don't mind me, I'm just really confused who to ship with Kaito.)
KID and Shinichi sitting on a tree... S-O-L-V-I-N-G ... crimes...

fuckyeahkaishin.tumblr.com
yamiangie

Post by yamiangie »

the whole red theme thing is destroyed by using the tokyo Sky tree.  Turning red and ripping of FMA is a lazy cheat that i think ate up the budget for the next few episodes.  Also um do you realize how tall that building next to it has to be to be just below the observation deck? 
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Wakarimashita wrote:
Having fun things happen > logical well written murder cases.
I strongly disagree with this.
well I already know you hate fun so ok
yamiangie wrote: Turning red and ripping of FMA is a lazy cheat that i think ate up the budget for the next few episodes.
let's face it guys, Magic Kaitou is ruined! *emo sad*
Last edited by kkslider5552000 on November 8th, 2011, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Mirage_GSM

Re: [DCTP] Kid the Phantom Thief Episodes 4 & 5 (Both Releas

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Re. Ep4: Real magic in the Conan Franchise? I do hope Conan runs into that witch sometime. I wonder how that meeting would play out...

Re. EP5: Plot, plot, plot!!! I think this is probably the most we've ever seen of Anokata ever. But I wonder why the goons are named Snake and Spider - did they run out of alcoholic beverages?
doublemoonlight
I am such a fool...

Re: [DCTP] Kid the Phantom Thief Episodes 4 & 5 (Both Releas

Post by doublemoonlight »

Mirage_GSM wrote: Re. Ep4: Real magic in the Conan Franchise? I do hope Conan runs into that witch sometime. I wonder how that meeting would play out...

Re. EP5: Plot, plot, plot!!! I think this is probably the most we've ever seen of Anokata ever. But I wonder why the goons are named Snake and Spider - did they run out of alcoholic beverages?
^ remember this is magic kaito and that anokata may be different person from the one Conan/shinnich is after...
FANFICTION:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2489646/doublegengar05
1 Timothy 3:9- They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with clear conscience
xpon wrote: Almost all police is Detective Conan is less importance than the Detectives.....

1st Doctor: One day I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Till then there shall be no fears, no tears and no anxieties, just go forward in your beliefs and prove to me I am not mistaken in mine. Good bye Susan. Good bye  my Dear.
Partsu
I'm always seeing the future that won't be...

Re: [DCTP] Kid the Phantom Thief Episodes 4 & 5 (Both Released, in SD & HD!)

Post by Partsu »

I believe there are two paraller universes.
MK
DC
both probably have all the same happenings EXCEPT
MK has real supernatural elements
DC doesn't
Spoiler: Insanity detected don't click!
or...Akako is mad illusionist/hypnotist with amazing talent to charm people...lol...

either way...
*stops resisting 2nd persona*
*fanagism full on*
*2. loses control & I take it back...I write what happened and...*
*writes what will happen: click post,lose control to 2. & go to laa laa land(aka dreams being kid while 2. dreams of being Akao/Aoko...I have weird mind don't I?)*
Spoiler: things
Haibara for the win!
Certified
AokoxKaito/Kid,
Shinichi/ConanxRan,
KazuhaxHeiji-Fan
ShinConxRanxShiAi-for laughs
"There is only one truth"
and no one wants Ran to know it
bastards!

Thank you briggettkylie for these amazing Gifs:
Spoiler: gifs
ImageImage
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

yamiangie wrote: the whole red theme thing is destroyed by using the tokyo Sky tree.  Turning red and ripping of FMA is a lazy cheat that i think ate up the budget for the next few episodes.  Also um do you realize how tall that building next to it has to be to be just below the observation deck? 
haven't read the MK manga, but I'd be interested in seeing which magic circle, this one of FMA's, happened in the manga first :P
yamiangie

Post by yamiangie »

Akonyl wrote:
yamiangie wrote: the whole red theme thing is destroyed by using the tokyo Sky tree.  Turning red and ripping of FMA is a lazy cheat that i think ate up the budget for the next few episodes.  Also um do you realize how tall that building next to it has to be to be just below the observation deck? 
haven't read the MK manga, but I'd be interested in seeing which magic circle, this one of FMA's, happened in the manga first :P
Mostly the Fullmetal Alchemist circle I'm getting flashbacks to is the one from the first episode of Brotherhood.  I find it funny that one created ice but Akako's seemed to be generating heat.
in the MK manga it's small.  I'd say ten feet in diameter at most.  Also the magic circle part takes place on Akako's front lawn.  in the anime for some reason it covers a few city blocks and turn the Sky Tree and surrounding area red because they were to lazy to change the scarlet references in the dialogue.  Mostly bugs because in those last two chapters that came out in Aug Akako calls Tokyo tower the red tower again so I'm like worried that if they get up that far with these episodes they'll do something stupid like change towers again.