Spider? (Spoiler)

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
skyechan
Community Hero
"真実はいつも一つ!"

Re: Spider? (Spoiler)

Post by skyechan »

kkslider5552000 wrote:
yamiangie wrote: I'm worried about him replacing Hakuba totally or something.
your worries are hilariously unjustified

obviously this means it will be Kid vs. Dr. Smith!

A GIANT LEGION OF SPIDERS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqr9akIuVjQ
ImageImage
yamiangie

Post by yamiangie »

Well that made me feel a little bit better still.  It's rather annoying to see them setting up this guy and not sign of Hakuba.
Mead

Post by Mead »

I wouldn't be worried, I personally think the main reason is because they want to make the wildly popular Kid series last a lot longer (It may become a permanent thing if possible, I seriously think they just wanted a spin off series but decided to do this), So I think they naturally want to save Hakuba instead of introducing him right after Akako.
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Post by kentasaiba »

Or he was writing out. When Hakuba was introduced Kid still stole paintings and that dings. After the clash with the organization he was after jewels.
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

It's true that when Hakuba was introduced, Kid was still stealing things other than jewels; their first face-to-face clash was over a painting, and then over a statue. However, there is the possibility of Hakuba coming on the scene when he notices the new, large-jewel-exclusive pattern.

I'm interested in this new enemy for Kid; anther illusionist would be a good antagonist.

Though I hope they do the Chat Noir chapters too. I liked her.
D.

Post by D. »

Mabey they included spider to cut off theories that want to relate the org that snake is working for with the black organization. That is unless there is a type so alcohol named spiderbite or something. But what really bothers me is the way katio's father was murdered; it looked a lot like something the BO would do( I mean disguising a murder as an accident ). 
Spoiler: Manga Spoiler
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

Detective Sato wrote: Mabey they included spider to cut off theories that want to relate the org that snake is working for with the black organization. That is unless there is a type so alcohol named spiderbite or something. But what really bothers me is the way katio's father was murdered; it looked a lot like something the BO would do( I mean disguising a murder as an accident ). 
I thought of that before. Two secret criminal organizations in the same city, murdering and stealing with a similar MO... even if the BO aren't after Pandora, surely there should be some kind of turf war going on over the background petty thefts and blackmailing? And with the BO's tendency towards recruitment drives, surely they'd be trying to poach anyone with skills off of the MK organization? (There must be SOMEBODY, unless that derp-with-a-gun Snake killed him, which is kinda insulting.)
yamiangie

Post by yamiangie »

You know is it just me or does the spider silhouette seem to have Kazumi Sanada's hair?  Not that it means anything with how off Gosho's character models the animators seem to be.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

mangaluva wrote: I thought of that before. Two secret criminal organizations in the same city, murdering and stealing with a similar MO... even if the BO aren't after Pandora, surely there should be some kind of turf war going on over the background petty thefts and blackmailing?
I was hoping during the couple of cases where Magic Kaitou stuff was being hinted at in Conan that it would eventually lead to Kid and Conan in the middle of a turf war in Tatori between underlings that may not even know they work for huge criminal organizations. And you'd have Vermouth in disguise helping them stop the MK organization, Conan realizes "WAIT THEY AREN'T-" and now the BO can do more stuff. Thanks for breaking it Conan!

beyond being too specific to be something that could happen and being an idea that would be interesting and a lot of fun, Kid decided instead to mess with Sonoko's uncle for no reason so that idea's been murdered for me.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

kkslider5552000 wrote:
mangaluva wrote: I thought of that before. Two secret criminal organizations in the same city, murdering and stealing with a similar MO... even if the BO aren't after Pandora, surely there should be some kind of turf war going on over the background petty thefts and blackmailing?
I was hoping during the couple of cases where Magic Kaitou stuff was being hinted at in Conan that it would eventually lead to Kid and Conan in the middle of a turf war in Tatori between underlings that may not even know they work for huge criminal organizations. And you'd have Vermouth in disguise helping them stop the MK organization, Conan realizes "WAIT THEY AREN'T-" and now the BO can do more stuff. Thanks for breaking it Conan!

beyond being too specific to be something that could happen and being an idea that would be interesting and a lot of fun, Kid decided instead to mess with Sonoko's uncle for no reason so that idea's been murdered for me.
Yeah, disappointment goes hand-in-hand with any vague reference to the MK storyline in DC.
queenmisanagi
hatate--journalist, yandere, certified cutie

Post by queenmisanagi »

mangaluva wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:

Yeah, disappointment goes hand-in-hand with any vague reference to the MK storyline in DC.
So does my theory that Vermouth has Pandora. Oh, well.

Well, they may be different organizations but that doesn't mean Shinichi can't help out KID every once in a while, and vice versa, right?
KID and Shinichi sitting on a tree... S-O-L-V-I-N-G ... crimes...

fuckyeahkaishin.tumblr.com
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

Spoiler:
I usually don't resort to internet memes, but this one is really quite appropriate:Image

That said, this guy is unrealistically good. Presumably the plan is to create an entire imagined setup for Kaito Kid to walk into: rooms, guards, etc, and hide a mass of baddies at the same time. It will be worse if he can update his illusions real time. I presume the issue Kaito will eventually have to deal with is figuring out what is real and what isn't.

While I am posting in the MK subforum, the wiki is going to be featuring Kaitou Kid related stuff for August, and if there are there any non-character Magic Kaito related articles you want featured? You can see a list here.
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on August 2nd, 2012, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.Vineyard

Post by S.Vineyard »

This makes me wonder if this guy will be anime only or if he will also get a manga appearance. Wile most people think that the new KID file will be releated to the Mystery Train case, there is also the chance that it will be Spider's manga debut.
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Probably anime-only. It seems the MK anime is going in its own direction. Whether they will end up ending it once all the files are adapted or continue producing AOs (is it a different studio in charge ?) is unknown though...
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

yamiangie

Post by yamiangie »

*looks at own comments from Nov*  wasn't his hair different? he's a bit um how do i say this.  Are we sure they didn't update Jodie Happer's hair cut then sent the wrong Concept art to the minor studio?