Magic Kaito Manga Files - Anime Episodes Reference

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
Dark Ren
Meitantei Conan - One Piece - Fairy Tail

Magic Kaito Manga Files - Anime Episodes Reference

Post by Dark Ren »

Since some more Magic Kaito episodes are coming, I`ll try to make a reference about MK manga chapter and MK anime episode. This will help me to keep track which chapter that haven`t been animated yet. The chapter isn`t that much so the table won`t be that long.

Chapter    Vol.     File                                Title                                         Anime      
010101Return of the Mysterious ThiefMagic Kaito Eps 01
020102The Police are Everywhere!Magic Kaito Eps 03
030103The Ticking Heart -
040104Kaito Kid's Busy WeekendMagic Kaito Eps 02
050105The Underwater Pirate Ship -
060106The Scarlet TemptressMagic Kaito Eps 04
070201Stay Away from Him Magic Kaito Eps 06
080202Japan's Most Irresponsible Prime Minister -
090203I am the Master -
100204Would You Grow Up Magic Kaito Eps 04
110205The Boy who Bet on the Ball -
120206Ghost Game -
130207Hustler vs Magician -
140301Star War -
150302Enter the Great Detective Magic Kaito Eps 07
160303Kaito Under Scrutiny Magic Kaito Eps 07
170304Akako's Delivery Service Magic Kaito Eps 09
180305Yaiba vs. Kaito KidDetective Conan OVA 01
190306Blue Birthday Magic Kaito Eps 05
200307Green Dream -
210401The Crystal MotherMagic Kaito Eps 11 & Detective Conan OVA 04
220402Red Tear Magic Kaito Eps 08
230403Black Star, Part 1Detective Conan Eps 219
240404Black Star, Part 2Detective Conan Eps 219
250405Golden Eye, Part 1 Magic Kaito Eps 10
260406Golden Eye, Part 2 Magic Kaito Eps 10
270407Dark Knight, Part 1 Magic Kaito Eps 12
280408Dark Knight, Part 2 Magic Kaito Eps 12
290501The Phantom Lady, Part 1 -
300502The Phantom Lady, Part 2 -

Kid Appearances in Detective Conan Universe :
Spoiler:
Anime                                                            Title                                            Manga  
Eps 076Conan vs. Kaito KidDetective Conan File 156-159
Eps 132-134The Magic Lover's Murder CaseDetective Conan File 192-196
Eps 219The Gathered Detectives! Shinichi vs. Kaito KidDetective Conan File 299-302 & Magic Kaito 023-024
Eps 356Kaito Kid's Miracle Midair WalkDetective Conan File 453-456
Eps 394-396Big Adventure at the Unconventional MansionDetective Conan File 475-478
Eps 469-470Kaito Kid and the 4 MasterpiecesDetective Conan File 544-547
Eps 473Adventure of Young Kudo ShinichiDetective Conan File 573
Eps 515Kaito Kid's Teleportation MagicDetective Conan File 631-634
Eps 537-538Kaito Kid vs the Strongest SaveDetective Conan File 674-676
Eps 585-587The Kirin's Horn that Vanished into the DarkDetective Conan File 712-715
Eps 627-628Conan and Kid's Battle for Ryouma's TreasureDetective Conan File 731-733
Movie 03The Last Wizard of the CenturyOriginal
Movie 08Magician of the Silver SkyOriginal
Movie 10The Private Eyes' RequiemOriginal
Movie 14The Lost Ship in the SkyOriginal
OVA 01Conan vs. Kid vs. YaibaMagic Kaito File 018
OVA 04Conan, Kid, and the Crystal MotherMagic Kaito File 021
OVA 06Follow the Vanished Diamond! Conan & Heiji vs. Kid!Original
OVA 10Kid in Trap IslandOriginal
Thanks to :
- null for scanlating the first volume
- Chibby, for scanlating the second volume
- Ocianne, for scanlating the third volume
- DCTP, for subbing the first 6 MK episodes and scanlating the newest chapters :D
- Moon-Lighters, for subbing the latest MK episodes
- xpon, for the format of the table since I`m too lazy to make one myself :P
Last edited by Dark Ren on February 7th, 2013, 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Ren

Re: Magic Kaito Manga Files - Anime Episodes Reference

Post by Dark Ren »

Still a long way for Hakuba to appear T_T
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Dark Ren wrote: Still a long way for Hakuba to appear T_T
It depends in what order they're planning to animate the episodes (if they do animate more in 2012).
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Dark Ren

Post by Dark Ren »

Rumors say there will be 3 more MK eps in 2011 including eps 4, so eps 5 and eps 6 maybe around vol 2. but if they do make hakuba appears in those eps I will be more than happy to see that ^^

I think they will animate more in 2012. 3-4 eps is satisfying enough.
skyechan
Community Hero
"真実はいつも一つ!"

Post by skyechan »

Dark Ren wrote:
Chapter    Vol.    File                                      Title                                              Anime     
230403First Contact! (Kudo Shinichi vs Kaitou Kid), Part 1Meitantei Conan Eps 219
240404First Contact! (Kudo Shinichi vs Kaitou Kid), Part 2Meitantei Conan Eps 219
Mmm, I may just be being picky, but the title as it is in the official Magic Kaito Volume 4 is actually

Black Star, Part 1
Black Star, Part 2

If you want to go by the actual first appearance of the story in Detective Conan vs Kid the Phantom Thief Perfect Edition then it'd be

First Contact, Phantom Thief (or Kaitou, depending on your preference)
First Contact, Detective
ImageImage
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Dark Ren wrote: Rumors say there will be 3 more MK eps in 2011 including eps 4, so eps 5 and eps 6 maybe around vol 2. but if they do make hakuba appears in those eps I will be more than happy to see that ^^

I think they will animate more in 2012. 3-4 eps is satisfying enough.
Except on New-Year's week (and on the week of the earthquake this year), the anime is never on break (they always air something, be it a manga-based episode, a filler, a remastered episode or an MK episode). Since 40-42 new numbered episodes (including fillers) air every year, that leaves 9-11 weeks to fill in with remasters and/or MK episodes. So, basically, unless they just decide to go back to remasters only, it's indeed most likely that more MK episodes will air in 2012.
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

GinRei
DCTP Staff Member
銀霊

Post by GinRei »

Wakarimashita wrote: Except on New-Year's week (and on the week of the earthquake this year), the anime is never on break (they always air something, be it a manga-based episode, a filler, a remastered episode or an MK episode). Since 40-42 new numbered episodes (including fillers) air every year, that leaves 9-11 weeks to fill in with remasters and/or MK episodes. So, basically, unless they just decide to go back to remasters only, it's indeed most likely that more MK episodes will air in 2012.
Pretty sure back in 2008 (I know there are more instances, but this one sticks out the most to me), there was no episode for about 5 weeks in September-October, and again for the latter half of November.  The same was true in 2007 (except then, it was beginning of November rather than end of it), and 2006 (except it aired in November).
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Indeed, but that was when it aired at 7.30 pm. I don't remember the anime ever being on break (i.e : nothing Conan related airs) outside of New-Year's week and the week with the earthquake ever since they got the new time slot (sometimes some episodes are even broadcasted half an hour earlier so the anime doesn't go on break which is basically suicidal in terms of ratings).
Last edited by Wakarimashita on August 24th, 2011, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xpon
Community Sepll Chkecer
Spreading the cuteness, all over DCTP

Post by xpon »

Dark Ren wrote: Thanks to :
Image why you thank me? ... LOL.

thanks for making this bro!. i hope it get sticky-ed!!!
xpon is so cute...
Image                         Image
Even Ayumi~chan and Sera~chan love to hug him.....
Thanks to sonoci & Yuri
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Stickied. Good job!
Dark Ren

Post by Dark Ren »

skyechan wrote: Mmm, I may just be being picky, but the title as it is in the official Magic Kaito Volume 4 is actually

Black Star, Part 1
Black Star, Part 2
Thank you ^^. I just named it based on the softcopy I own (blame those who named it like that :P). I`ll correct it right away
xpon wrote:
Dark Ren wrote: Thanks to :
why you thank me? ... LOL.
thanks for making this bro!. i hope it get sticky-ed!!!
Lulz I just hijack your format and rename it in order to make my life easier :P :P
Jd- wrote: Stickied. Good job!
Thank you Jd- ^^ :D :D :D
karitaru
Community Hero

Post by karitaru »

So the Magic Kaito "black star episode" was animated in Detective Conan. How could they fit it there without sacrificing story continuity?
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

I kinda hope they go back and do "The Ticking Heart"... I know it's bizarre, but I always really liked that one.
Dark Ren

Post by Dark Ren »

karitaru wrote: So the Magic Kaito "black star episode" was animated in Detective Conan. How could they fit it there without sacrificing story continuity?
I do feel a bit confused when I saw 219 at the first time (at that time I didn`t aware another manga by Gosho named Magic Kaito existed). Who the hell is that Aoko and Akako anyway.
I guess Gosho make those "special" stories to show that Conan and Kid are indeed in the same universe (first as a prequel to DC`s vol 16 Black Star case and as an intro before 219 aired to celebrate that special episode. second as a prequel to DC`s vol 70 Patriot Kid case and as an intro before 627 aired to celebrate kaito kid month).  Gosho just want to show us from different point of view
I think that chapter can stand alone. but I don`t mind if the staff want to remake that chapter into a Kaito Kid episode. at leat we can have the HD quality anyway :P :P. I hope the same thing happened with Conan OVA 4, since that chapter have a serious involvement of a real enemy of Kid. I have my doubt on Conan OVA 1 though
mangaluva wrote: I kinda hope they go back and do "The Ticking Heart"... I know it's bizarre, but I always really liked that one.
I don`t know about this. I mean... that`s a robot @_@.
yamiangie

Post by yamiangie »

Conan was written in to those two ovas.  Conan Didn't exist when Kid vs Yabia was written.  He seems to love his crossovers and having characters from earlier works.  So far my best explanation for continuality is that Shinichi just forgot about the Clocktower or he was totally fooled by the 1412 ploy and than was too shocked in that encounter on the roof to think strait.

I've always liked how they start that episode off by reversing that point of view from the start of the black star case.