Kaitou-Shinichi long lost twins???

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
Celeste
[TheAbyssWithin]

Re: Kaitou-Shinichi long lost twins???

Post by Celeste »

I don't think that Shinichi and Kaito Kid are related or twins.
1. It would probably mean that Shinichi's parents got twins and abandoned one of them. -> can't imagine this kind of drama here u.u''
2. In one chapter Yuusaku tells Yukiko that she had a meeting with that one wizard who taught her how to disguise herself. -> seems as if they were good friends but nothing more.
3. Many characters look kind of alike, I think. -> Kaito should be more some kind of model for the character Conan. At least referring to the looks.
The world can be so full of joy if you have people who share it with you
takiko

Post by takiko »

kaito is a year older than shinichi... and i thought of that before too... i mean, the "twins" thinggy...
kaitoushinichi

Post by kaitoushinichi »

I think (well more like hope...) that Kaito and Shinichi are related somehow. But there is a very very very slim chance of them being twins because they have different birthdays, and they have separate parents... unless they had amnesia or something when they were little and were adopted and nobody knew what their birthday was...
takiko

Post by takiko »

if one of them were adopted, it would be conan... i still doubt yusaku's identity... he might be the boss...
kxjenn
Kaitou Kid ♥

Post by kxjenn »

They're definitely not twins because Kaitou's dad is the original Kaitou 1412 (:
maybe Yuusaku & Kaitou's dad are brothers (:
They knew each other right? If I remember correctly from that one ep....
kaitou , shinichi , vermouth , yukiko ♥
takiko

Post by takiko »

they know each other because their rivals... but not that they knew each other before conan knew kid...
ShinRan36
Name: Hilo ^^

Post by ShinRan36 »

they aret twins but cousins, arent they?

index.php?topic=1554.0

"We can be both of God and the Devil. Since we are trying to raise the dead against the stream of time.."

PLEASE READ!
4869´s Novella.

index.php?topic=2541.0

akai-kun´s fanfiction
index.php?topic=1709.0

bluekaitou1412
index.php?topic=1663.0
Xela

Post by Xela »

I highly doubt they are somehow related.
I mean, did you notice there is more than just one Shinichi-lookalike?
First there is Kaito, Okita is said to resemble him a lot, that guy in the movie with the sakura patels
look like an older version of Shinichi to me, then there are the baseball players in Volume 40...
All somehow related, indeed.

I don´t know if it´s official, but in one magazine I´ve read it said that Shinichi is blood type B.
From the special about Aoyama which was either in Volume 49 or 50, we know that he is 1,74 cm tall, like
Shinichi- and just like Kaito, which was mentioned in Volume 4 of Magic Kaito.
It really seems that Kaito´s hair is the only thing that was changed to create Shinichi´s appearance.
Shinran

Post by Shinran »

First off, Shinichi is the latest of Gosho's creations. I'm going to give a timeline.

Baseball Players (Yonban Saado)
Okita (Yaiba)
Kaito (Magic Kaito)
Shinichi (DC)
Last edited by Shinran on July 1st, 2009, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xela

Post by Xela »

I know. Did I say anything about who came first?
Last edited by Xela on June 30th, 2009, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shinran

Post by Shinran »

No, it's just for reference. Since I highly doubt that Okita is related to Kaito and Shinichi, though he is the same age and was mentioned in Detective Conan (aka Heiji's rival ftw?).
Xela

Post by Xela »

Did I say anything about Okita being related to Kaito and Shinichi?oO
I was trying to be sarcastic by listing all those people who look similar to each other and definitely
aren´t related... Both Kaito and Shinichi were merely created after a design which was made ages ago and that´s
why I thought their similar appearances are not hints to a possible relation between them.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

I always figured that they were cousins, with kaitou's dad and shinichi's dad being brothers

while it may have just been an unrelated line, I always figured that when young shinichi/ran snuck into the elementary school and met the mysterious man who was reading the lupin novel (the first Kid it was hinted at being, iirc), when he called shinichi his "younger brother", he was actually referring to yuusaku, as at the end, after conan tells the story, it's revealed that shinichi was expected to pass the message on to his father.
caribou

Post by caribou »

Solera wrote:I think the reason is that Gosho Aoyama used Kaito Kuroba(from his own creation Magic Kaito which was earlier than Detective Conan) as a basis for making Shinichi. You could also it see in Aoko and Ran, they also look alike. Though, I can't give off the assumption that Kaito and Shinichi are long lost relatives or something(I would love that XD) =3

haha yeah I think that's probably the real reason. in volume 1 you can also see how Shinichi was a lot more like Kaito (peeping into a girl's skirt and all) and Ran was much more like Aoko (more temperamental and less 'Angel' :P). and then Gosho probably did that case where Ran mistook Kaito for Shinichi just to make fun of himself and the fact that he now has 2 identical-looking characters! :P
"Shh! Celebrate after the curtain of this bloody stage closes."

kirite
Cookie-Eating Moderating Machine
Chillin'

Post by kirite »

Twins?  Oh dear, the scandal it will cause xD.

As for Ran thinking Shinichi looks like Kaito, she quickly dispelled the thought that they're the same person after she saw him again.  A possibility is that if she looks closer Kaito really doesn't look like Shinichi afterall (maybe).
Hey, I have an idea, let's have a THIS SUCKS / NO THIS SUCKS / NO YOU / NO YOU argument for a couple pages, that will really be great. - Ingmar