Kaitou-Shinichi long lost twins???

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
Van Keiji

Re: Kaitou-Shinichi long lost twins???

Post by Van Keiji »

Shiromi wrote:Oh! Fanfic idea!

Shinichi is Kaito's half-brother, through Kaito's father. Vermouth is Shinichi's mother, and she slept with Kaito's father wearing his mother's face.

It makes no sense timeline-wise, but it'd be a fun mind-hype to explore.

Yup. This is gunna be a fanfic. Short Story, under 10,000 words. bwahahahahahahaaaa

Umm... I can see someone making this. But... I cannot see it as being the actual case. Especially since
Spoiler:
WE HAVE SEEN BOTH VERMOUTH AND YUKIKO AT THE SAME TIME
. I highly doubt that this is possible... As I said in my previous post. The brother theory just cannot happen.

The Haibara comment just kind of freaks me out.
"Courage is a word that gives you the strength to do what's right, you should not use it as an excuse to murder someone." -Mouri Ran

"Fear of death is worse than death itself." - Akai Shuuichi

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style... But a detective is nothing more than a critic, who follows our footsteps..." - Kaito Kid 1412

"A trick is nothing but a puzzle mankind came up with. If you use your head, you can uncover the logical answer." "I don't know why you would kill someone but as for saving someone... a logical mind isn't needed, right?" - Kudou Shinichi
Shiromi

Post by Shiromi »

Van Keiji wrote:
Shiromi wrote:Oh! Fanfic idea!

Shinichi is Kaito's half-brother, through Kaito's father. Vermouth is Shinichi's mother, and she slept with Kaito's father wearing his mother's face.

It makes no sense timeline-wise, but it'd be a fun mind-hype to explore.

Yup. This is gunna be a fanfic. Short Story, under 10,000 words. bwahahahahahahaaaa

Umm... I can see someone making this. But... I cannot see it as being the actual case. Especially since
Spoiler:
WE HAVE SEEN BOTH VERMOUTH AND YUKIKO AT THE SAME TIME
. I highly doubt that this is possible... As I said in my previous post. The brother theory just cannot happen.

The Haibara comment just kind of freaks me out.
Of course it's not possible. Vermouth and Yukiko learned from Kaitou KID when Shinichi was a little kid, and presumably they didn't know him before then, and Kaitou KID probably took a few years to build up a reputation. We know that he got a start only 3-4 years before Kaito was born, based on the origin story with the Phantom Lady. But it's fine to explore the idea in a fanfic.
My DC Fanfic: Awaking and Arising - Shiromi writes her version of the end of the series. With 100% more lesbians and immortal zombie boys. And existential crises. Lots of them.
Kogorou - A character study that seeks to answer the question: Why is Kogorou the way he is?
A Kindred Spirit - Sonoko and Makoto realize that they have more in common than previously realized.
DC Fanfic Rants

Betareading this fanfic: Deception
Van Keiji

Post by Van Keiji »

Okay. I guess I got the wrong idea from your previous post. Sorry about that.
"Courage is a word that gives you the strength to do what's right, you should not use it as an excuse to murder someone." -Mouri Ran

"Fear of death is worse than death itself." - Akai Shuuichi

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style... But a detective is nothing more than a critic, who follows our footsteps..." - Kaito Kid 1412

"A trick is nothing but a puzzle mankind came up with. If you use your head, you can uncover the logical answer." "I don't know why you would kill someone but as for saving someone... a logical mind isn't needed, right?" - Kudou Shinichi
lovekagakuro

Post by lovekagakuro »

I read a theory somewhere long time before... That Shinichi and Kaito's fathers were twins (most probably seperated and didnt know about each other) and that thus makes Shinichi and kaito Half-brothers.. that is some concept.. that the children of Twins are Half-siblings..

That may contribute to those two looking alike.. And frankly I love this theory! :p
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

lovekagakuro wrote:I read a theory somewhere long time before... That Shinichi and Kaito's fathers were twins (most probably seperated and didnt know about each other) and that thus makes Shinichi and kaito Half-brothers.. that is some concept.. that the children of Twins are Half-siblings..

That may contribute to those two looking alike.. And frankly I love this theory! :p
If Yusaku and Toichi are brothers (and even with Gosho's history of character design re-usage), then Shinichi and Kaito are cousins.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

What @DCUniverseAficionado said. And that's not how half-siblings work :x
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

someone seriously resurrected this thread?
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

MoonRaven wrote:someone seriously resurrected this thread?
At least it's the same year? :P
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
fancyunicorn2016

Post by fancyunicorn2016 »

Quiet Lurker wrote:
mitsuhiko2 wrote: Kaito isn't Shinichi's twin, at least. I don't think their blood types are even the same; Kaito's I know is B, but I -think- Shinichi's is AB. I don't remember for sure. But Hakuba somehow eliminated Shinichi from being Kaitou Kid in his research, so there must be some differences at least.
Shinichi's bloodtype CANNOT be AB since then he would be a universal acceptor for blood, during the case in which Conan was shot, the hospital ran out of his blood type, so Ran has to give a transfusion.
The Japanese population has a blood-type breakdown of:
~40% Type A
~30% Type O
~20% Type B
~10% Type AB

So Shinichi's blood-type most is most likely O (hospital ran out of Type O blood) or B (hospital ran out of Type O and Type B blood).

Granted, the incompatibility may be due to Rhesus factor, however, Rh(D) Neg blood is VERY rare in Asian populations (less than 1%).
THIS IS ALL WRONG.

What I know is, in that same episode (Where Conan gets shot and goes to the hospital), in Chinese and Japanese, Ran clearly states:

"Let me donate blood to him. Our blood types are both A."

This has to be correct, or the Chinese translation department had an error, and/or the English subs on the version I watched was wrong.

SO SHINICHI'S BLOOD TYPE IS A CONFIRMED. KAITO AND SHINICHI ARE NOT RELATED!!!!!! (Although it will be super cool if they were=D)
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

It could be that either of them had a blood transfusion, and during it the doctors changed the blood type. When I was a small kid my original blood froze and the doctors had to transfer another one. From what I know in total I had three blood transfusions. It is still possible for them to be related to each other despite having a different blood type.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Afaik, in the Japanese version, Ran's and Shinichi's blood type is never stated and Gosho once said to the question, what exactly it was: "Whatever type you like best."