Kaitou-Shinichi long lost twins???

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
Detective Tommy

Re: Kaitou-Shinichi long lost twins???

Post by Detective Tommy »

pofa wrote:
Detective Tommy wrote:
Haha, it's ok. I'll remove it from my quote.
But I don't care. Not sure if others will be annoyed. o_o;
I hope not. *gives everyone cookies* :-X

:-[ :-[ :-[

Anyway...I want to see more backstory as well. Whether it leads to Kaito and Shinichi being twins or not.  ::) ;D
Lol, I bet they're poisoned! >:(
And I doubt they're twins.

"Well, a child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry... Do have much in common, after all..." - Tooru Amuro

pofa
Community Savior
Armchair sorcerey

Post by pofa »

No, they're memory-erasing cookies.

No, they're not twins, but it's a clever marketing scheme by Gosho:

Shinichi=original flavor
Heiji=Osaka flavor
Kaito=criminal flavor
Hakuba=crumpets foreigner flavor
Last edited by pofa on July 14th, 2010, 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Superman = Captain America > Aquaman = Hal Jordan > Wonder Woman > Barry Allen > Thor > Martian Manhunter > The Hulk > Wasp > Hawkeye > [power gap] > Iron Man = Batman > [power gap] > Hank Pym
pofa
Community Savior
Armchair sorcerey

Post by pofa »

That makes less sense since I deleted the second half of my post. D:

Now it looks like you're talking to yourself!  Ha! - Abs.
Last edited by Abs. on July 14th, 2010, 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Superman = Captain America > Aquaman = Hal Jordan > Wonder Woman > Barry Allen > Thor > Martian Manhunter > The Hulk > Wasp > Hawkeye > [power gap] > Iron Man = Batman > [power gap] > Hank Pym
zhang3011
Boom Chika WoW WoW

Post by zhang3011 »

shinichi and kaito's fathers were both rivals like they sort of are o.o
and i heard somewhere that they were cousins, so yeah ._.
Shinichi/Ran's age now, but in my defense Shinichi was actually this age two years before I was born
zhang3011
Boom Chika WoW WoW

Post by zhang3011 »

pofa wrote: No, they're memory-erasing cookies.

No, they're not twins, but it's a clever marketing scheme by Gosho:

Shinichi=original flavor
Heiji=Osaka flavor
Kaito=criminal flavor
Hakuba=crumpets foreigner flavor
hoo...~
that's a good theory ;]
Shinichi/Ran's age now, but in my defense Shinichi was actually this age two years before I was born
meitantei_ebonypol

Post by meitantei_ebonypol »

i hope there cousins !!  :)  :)
Only one truth Prevails!!!

mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

meitantei_ebonypol wrote: i hope there cousins !!  :)  :)
That theory was put forwards by Becky Tailweaver's "A Relative Truth" fanfic. Unfortunately, the Yukiko flashback at the end of the episode where Shinichi remembers meeting Toichi as a child (not that he knows it's him) more or less completely refutes this, as Yukiko only ever refers to Toichi as a teacher or acquaintance, never as a brother or brother-in-law, as he would have to be for Shinichi and Kaito to be cousins. Unless, say, Toichi and Yuusaku were brothers and didn't know it.
Akemi~chan
self-proclaimed Community Ghost

Post by Akemi~chan »

mangaluva wrote:
meitantei_ebonypol wrote: i hope there cousins !!  :)  :)
That theory was put forwards by Becky Tailweaver's "A Relative Truth" fanfic. Unfortunately, the Yukiko flashback at the end of the episode where Shinichi remembers meeting Toichi as a child (not that he knows it's him) more or less completely refutes this, as Yukiko only ever refers to Toichi as a teacher or acquaintance, never as a brother or brother-in-law, as he would have to be for Shinichi and Kaito to be cousins. Unless, say, Toichi and Yuusaku were brothers and didn't know it.
that or they could have had a falling out years ago and didn't tell their wives when they got married. yuusaku would still chase him to catch or protect him but if they wanted to protect their families they might not tell them.
Kaito Lady
*plotting*

Post by Kaito Lady »

SkyVenger wrote: Actually I made Kaito as Shinichi's clone in one of my fanfics... haha don't mind me :P
could you plz gimme alink to your fanfic :D :) :D??
i always love to read kaito kid fanfics :D
and if you know of some other good fanfics could also tell me plz :D :D
"Plotting since forever"
Spoiler: Fear The Wrath Of My Hammer!
Thanx Yuri for the Awesome pic :D
DCTP Forums=a place where anyone is anyone's sibling/parent/child....and therefore is the best place on earth <3
Spoiler: Write a Will, BO Edition
Spoiler: Whenever in doubt
DCTP Cat Family
My dA
queenmisanagi
hatate--journalist, yandere, certified cutie

Post by queenmisanagi »

I read somewhere that they have the same blood type and IQ. Of course, they were born a month apart.

It would be fun if they were related but I doubt it. Yusaku and Toichi do look a lot alike as well but it was never mentioned if they were long-lost relatives. Or, you know, some people do just look alike a lot. Nothing wrong with that.. and this is extremely possible especially in fiction. This isn't the first time strangers have been carbon copies of each other. The Prince and the Pauper sounds familiar?
KID and Shinichi sitting on a tree... S-O-L-V-I-N-G ... crimes...

fuckyeahkaishin.tumblr.com
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

It's not the only time it's happened in the DC manga, to boot. Yes, they're a lot alike, but so are my teaching partner and I, and she's from Australia, her dad's family being Indian and her mother's family Irish Catholic, neither of which any of my blood relatives and I. We think a lot alike, have the same tastes, likes and dislikes and interests, and even look a lot alike. It's a bit creepy.
MeitanteiShinichi

Post by MeitanteiShinichi »

Solera wrote:err well even if you don't have the same blood type... you could be relatives[pls remember that o.o]
That is true.
I personally think their fathers are brothers. Their fathers look more alike.........They should be cousins. ??? ???
Van Keiji

Post by Van Keiji »

I understand that this discussion is old, but I'm going to liven things up with what I have noticed.
1. The obvious: Shinichi and Kaito look alike, as well as their fathers.
2. There is no way that Shinichi and Kaito have the same mother, since Kaito's mother is
Spoiler:
the Phantom Lady
and Shinichi's mother should have still been an actress at the same time, which would have kept her busy.
Spoiler:
There is a flashback episode (can't remember if it is in the manga) where a thief meets Shinichi and Ran in their school, and with the little hints the thief can possibly be identified as the original Kaito Kid. Kid tells Shinichi that he is Shinichi's little brother which, after the flashback, was realized to be a message for Yuusaku.
Spoiler:
Touichi was supposedly killed 8 years ago. Yuusaku probably could not have gone on helping police or become such a well known author if he and Touichi were the same person because it would beg the people who attempted to kill him to check him out.
Now for some speculations:
1. Names can be changed, even last names. So the difference in names doesn't count for much.
2. If either Yuusaku or Touichi changed their names, would they still refer to each other as brothers if that was their relationship? This is an especially good point to look at seeing as Yuusaku became a mystery author who assisted the police and Kouichi became the phantom thief. Not letting others know they were brothers would allow them to continue life normally without being in each others way, especially if Touichi were found out. If that happened and they were known brothers, Yuusaku would have lost a great deal of credibility as a detective.
3. It is possible that Yuukiko only got lessons from Touichi because Yuusaku asked.

So, I do not believe Shinichi and Kaito are long lost brothers. Although the idea is marvelous, it is completely illogical. I personally believe Shinichi and Kaito are cousins whose fathers, who were brothers, changed their last names to protect each other and wound up in a friendly rivalry.
Also, I'm wondering if Shinichi and Kaito are actually fighting different branches of the same organizations since both of their targets have to do with
Spoiler:
eternal youth, Anokata may have decided to take more than one approach toward his goal

Hope this starts a nice, lively discussion ;) ;) ;)

Oh, and I believe Shinichi and Kaito are tied. Shinichi is a detective, his job is not to capture but to comprehend, and I'd say he figured out all the tricks. And Kaito always got away. So even. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Courage is a word that gives you the strength to do what's right, you should not use it as an excuse to murder someone." -Mouri Ran

"Fear of death is worse than death itself." - Akai Shuuichi

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style... But a detective is nothing more than a critic, who follows our footsteps..." - Kaito Kid 1412

"A trick is nothing but a puzzle mankind came up with. If you use your head, you can uncover the logical answer." "I don't know why you would kill someone but as for saving someone... a logical mind isn't needed, right?" - Kudou Shinichi
Shiromi

Post by Shiromi »

Oh! Fanfic idea!

Shinichi is Kaito's half-brother, through Kaito's father. Vermouth is Shinichi's mother, and she slept with Kaito's father wearing his mother's face.

It makes no sense timeline-wise, but it'd be a fun mind-hype to explore.

Yup. This is gunna be a fanfic. Short Story, under 10,000 words. bwahahahahahahaaaa
My DC Fanfic: Awaking and Arising - Shiromi writes her version of the end of the series. With 100% more lesbians and immortal zombie boys. And existential crises. Lots of them.
Kogorou - A character study that seeks to answer the question: Why is Kogorou the way he is?
A Kindred Spirit - Sonoko and Makoto realize that they have more in common than previously realized.
DC Fanfic Rants

Betareading this fanfic: Deception
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Shiromi wrote:Oh! Fanfic idea!

Shinichi is Kaito's half-brother, through Kaito's father. Vermouth is Shinichi's mother, and she slept with Kaito's father wearing his mother's face.

It makes no sense timeline-wise, but it'd be a fun mind-hype to explore.

Yup. This is gunna be a fanfic. Short Story, under 10,000 words. bwahahahahahahaaaa
And then Haibara time travels to the future and becomes her own grandmother! :O

That wasn't a mistake. She's her own grandmother! IN THE FUTURE~!
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55