Kaitou-Shinichi long lost twins???

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
Conan Shuuichi

Re: Kaitou-Shinichi long lost twins???

Post by Conia »

nomemory wrote:
Detective Tommy wrote:
Chibby wrote: ...I'm not touching the hidden identities / mixed pairings issue....

Though, in regards to the original idea of the thread, I'm inclined to believe that the relation between Kaito and Shinichi is further back than one generation. My pet theory regarding their common ancestor:
Spoiler:
Samizu Kichiemon.
Who is that?
The guy who builds crazy traps and houses if I recall correctly. The most resent would be the DB case with the warehouse.
More information here: http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?t=3453.0
Last edited by Conia on July 9th, 2010, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Tommy

Post by Detective Tommy »

conia wrote:
nomemory wrote:
Detective Tommy wrote:
Chibby wrote: ...I'm not touching the hidden identities / mixed pairings issue....

Though, in regards to the original idea of the thread, I'm inclined to believe that the relation between Kaito and Shinichi is further back than one generation. My pet theory regarding their common ancestor:
Spoiler:
Samizu Kichiemon.
Who is that?
The guy who builds crazy traps and houses if I recall correctly. The most resent would be the DB case with the warehouse.
More information here:viewtopic.php?t=3453.0
You think Kaitou and Shinichi are long distant relatives of this person?

"Well, a child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry... Do have much in common, after all..." - Tooru Amuro

Akemi~chan
self-proclaimed Community Ghost

Post by Akemi~chan »

you mean the creepy old guy that has no relevance to the story other than to be an excuse as to why the traps are there. he hasn't been named otherwise.
Chibby
Nya?

Post by Chibby »

I'll admit it's far-fetched. Still, Samizu was clearly highly intelligent, given the complexity and preservation of his devices, and at the end of the Iron Tanuki arc (Episode 538, Chapter 676), the doll seems to indicate a rather... quirky sense of humor. And then there are always the riddles. It's probably a safe bet that he really hated criminals, though more specifically thieves: most of the traps for the Eccentric Mansion (Eps. 394-396,Chs. 475-478) are undeniably lethal, and the whole point is to not steal at all.

There's really no more evidence for it than anything else, hence my referring to it as a "pet" theory. But again, I'm more willing to believe a distant connection than the parents cheating or somehow being immediately related. My reasons for choosing Samizu for that connection stem mainly from him being a figure in the past, with (admittedly implied) traits that are similar to those of the characters in question.
Last edited by Chibby on July 9th, 2010, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter is ChibbyScans for anyone interested.
Detective Tommy

Chibby wrote: I'll admit it's far-fetched. Still, Samizu was clearly highly intelligent, given the complexity and preservation of his devices, and at the end of the Iron Tanuki arc (Episode 538, Chapter 676), the doll seems to indicate a rather... quirky sense of humor. And then there are always the riddles. It's probably a safe bet that he really hated criminals, though more specifically thieves: most of the traps for the Eccentric Mansion (Eps. 394-396,Chs. 475-478) are undeniably lethal, and the whole point is to not steal at all.

There's really no more evidence for it than anything else, hence my referring to it as a "pet" theory. But again, I'm more willing to believe a distant connection than the parents cheating or somehow being immediately related. My reasons for choosing Samizu for that connection stem mainly from him being a figure in the past, with (admittedly implied) traits that are similar to those of the characters in question.
Yeah, I would understand if Shinichi was from his bloodline. But Kaitou Kid? He's a thief. Lol

"Well, a child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry... Do have much in common, after all..." - Tooru Amuro

bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

Detective Tommy wrote:
Chibby wrote: I'll admit it's far-fetched. Still, Samizu was clearly highly intelligent, given the complexity and preservation of his devices, and at the end of the Iron Tanuki arc (Episode 538, Chapter 676), the doll seems to indicate a rather... quirky sense of humor. And then there are always the riddles. It's probably a safe bet that he really hated criminals, though more specifically thieves: most of the traps for the Eccentric Mansion (Eps. 394-396,Chs. 475-478) are undeniably lethal, and the whole point is to not steal at all.

Yeah, I would understand if Shinichi was from his bloodline. But Kaitou Kid? He's a thief. Lol
Hence the "Samizu was clearly highly intelligent, given the complexity and preservation of his devices, and at the end of the Iron Tanuki arc (Episode 538, Chapter 676), the doll seems to indicate a rather... quirky sense of humor."
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

I do personally think that Samizu might be an ancestor of Kaito's. He's intelligent, he does have a funky sense of humour, some of the riddles he's written relating to his traps are very Kaitou-esque (think the house with the huge diamond hidden in the lake), and he's been seen to hoard treasure.

I also suspect a relationship to Kajisuke- a mediaeval theif who leapt down a well to retrieve tons of gold and left behind a thank-you note after stealing hundreds of pots of the shiny stuff.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

mangaluva wrote: I do personally think that Samizu might be an ancestor of Kaito's. He's intelligent, he does have a funky sense of humour, some of the riddles he's written relating to his traps are very Kaitou-esque (think the house with the huge diamond hidden in the lake), and he's been seen to hoard treasure.

I also suspect a relationship to Kajisuke- a mediaeval theif who leapt down a well to retrieve tons of gold and left behind a thank-you note after stealing hundreds of pots of the shiny stuff.
I thought the same thing about Kaito and Samizu being related. Maybe there was a family feud that split the family between the security business and thievery; it would be like the Hatfields and McCoys, only a lot weirder.
The contraption jerk was the keyhole for volume 698 68 by the way, so we finally get to see what he looks like... He has a spout on the top of his head. Maybe he sucks out people's brains through their noses with it...
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on July 10th, 2010, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abs.
DCTP Staff Hero

Post by Abs. »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote: The contraption jerk was the keyhole for volume 698 by the way, so we finally get to see what he looks like... He has a spout on the top of his head.
Volume what?  Don't be jealous just because you can't figure out Japanese word-puns!
Your opinion is always requested in Abs.' Random Polls of Whenever
Eve
Hiatus :P

Post by Eve »

Abs. wrote:
Chekhov MacGuffin wrote: The contraption jerk was the keyhole for volume 698 by the way, so we finally get to see what he looks like... He has a spout on the top of his head.
Volume what?  Don't be jealous just because you can't figure out Japanese word-puns!
698, you heard the man (on drug) XD
Image Image
[quote="朱砂泪"]
镜湖翠微低云垂佳人å¸
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

Abs. wrote:
I meant volume 68. Sorry about that.
Detective Tommy

Is there any evidence in the Anime/Manga that shows Kaitou being related to Samizu?
Couldn't he just be some random person from the past? :P

bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

There is no evidence. Of course, that's not stopping us to speculate.
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

bluekaitou1412 wrote: There is no evidence. Of course, that's not stopping us to speculate.
What else is this thread for? *looks at title*
Detective Tommy

Lol, It would be nice to see more of Shinichi's and Kaitou's past.
:P