Kaitou-Shinichi long lost twins???

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
Yizun

Kaitou-Shinichi long lost twins???

Post by Yizun »

I've always kinda wondered this... I mean they look excately alike.

In one episode Ran confused Kaitou for Shinichi and then in a movie he PASSED for Shinichi when he was "supposedly" working on the case with them.

So if anyone has any insight into this, I'd love to hear it... Cause im kinda confused!

Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum
Aluecard
yes it is true ~ for Alue

Re: Kaitou-Shinichi long lost twins???

Post by Aluecard »

ya i always thot that 2 but  if that were the case    not twins but half brothers but that wood mean that her mom cheated on  his 1 love 
and evan more  who knows  thay must be cusings 2
1980-2011/3
R.I.P
Quiet Lurker

Post by Quiet Lurker »

Well, Yuusaku Kudo looked a LOT like the Original Kid (Kaitou Kid's father). Therefore, if Yuusaku Kudo is related to the Original Kid (brothers or cousins), Shinichi and Kaitou are cousins.

Then again, you could always go off the deep end and come up with a crackpot theory that Yuusaku Kudo IS the alter ego of the Original Kid.  (Speaking of which, the two have never been seen in the same place at the same time...) :o
Aluecard

Post by Aluecard »

wee never know only time will tell but i dout that there the same peroson    i think more like cusins that any thing els or  wee never know only time will telll but  the twin thing can still go on
1980-2011/3
R.I.P
Solera
Community Hero
Ichiro Kumori--My OC =D

Post by Solera »

I think the reason is that Gosho Aoyama used Kaito Kuroba(from his own creation Magic Kaito which was earlier than Detective Conan) as a basis for making Shinichi. You could also it see in Aoko and Ran, they also look alike. Though, I can't give off the assumption that Kaito and Shinichi are long lost relatives or something(I would love that XD) =3
Last edited by Solera on July 28th, 2008, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
SkyVenger
Community Hero
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Post by SkyVenger »

Well, I was wondering if Kaitou Kid's true voice was really meant to be the same as Shinichi's (in the manga), cause even if their fathers look alike, they have different seiyu. They're like two peas in a pod, but no, I object, cause if they are, then Ran and Aoko are also twins... LOGIC! Hahaha, lol ;D

It also reminds me of Okita, the link between Hattori and Kudo... so they end up like triplets but they're not really triplets
mitsuhiko2

Post by mitsuhiko2 »

Kaito isn't Shinichi's twin, at least. I don't think their blood types are even the same; Kaito's I know is B, but I -think- Shinichi's is AB. I don't remember for sure. But Hakuba somehow eliminated Shinichi from being Kaitou Kid in his research, so there must be some differences at least.
mleeneg

Post by mleeneg »

So for me basicly the relationship Kid has Shinichi is that Kaito Kid's father is Shinichi Mother's disguise/magic teacher, and Shinichi's father gave them the name KID.
Quiet Lurker

Post by Quiet Lurker »

mitsuhiko2 wrote: Kaito isn't Shinichi's twin, at least. I don't think their blood types are even the same; Kaito's I know is B, but I -think- Shinichi's is AB. I don't remember for sure. But Hakuba somehow eliminated Shinichi from being Kaitou Kid in his research, so there must be some differences at least.
Shinichi's bloodtype CANNOT be AB since then he would be a universal acceptor for blood, during the case in which Conan was shot, the hospital ran out of his blood type, so Ran has to give a transfusion.
The Japanese population has a blood-type breakdown of:
~40% Type A
~30% Type O
~20% Type B
~10% Type AB

So Shinichi's blood-type most is most likely O (hospital ran out of Type O blood) or B (hospital ran out of Type O and Type B blood).

Granted, the incompatibility may be due to Rhesus factor, however, Rh(D) Neg blood is VERY rare in Asian populations (less than 1%).
SkyVenger
Community Hero
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Post by SkyVenger »

LOL they must likely have the same blood type and Rhesus antigen factor, if your stats are right, cause when an Rh+ blood is donated to an Rh- blood, the receiver will die. Of course the converse is not necessarily true, but most probably, their blood types and Rh factors are exactly the same.

If you ask me, the hospital must never run out of O Rh- blood (universal donor)because it's the best alternative if the other blood types have no stock at all (Well, but I guess it ran out in that particular case, or maybe Ran volunteered earlier before they planned using it. Using the same blood type is the safest after all).
Rio Nagava

Post by Rio Nagava »

I think they like two songs in iPod =)
They look alike cuz they are alike =)
First there was a Kaito, then was Shinichi.
And before that was Yaiba. Does he look alike those two? X3

Their fathers are rivals and friends. Their fathers look alike.
Who knows - maybe there were related?
Maybe their sons look alike because of their psi-energy filled with rivalry =)
Damn an author just liked this style =)
Not to mention that Kaitou is much more naughtier then Shinichi =)
"It's white! PINK! Blue!"
Did you know that this world does exist?
Your subconscious linked to it...
Are you sure that you have nothing to say?
avidfan

Post by avidfan »

Quiet Lurker wrote:
mitsuhiko2 wrote: Kaito isn't Shinichi's twin, at least. I don't think their blood types are even the same; Kaito's I know is B, but I -think- Shinichi's is AB. I don't remember for sure. But Hakuba somehow eliminated Shinichi from being Kaitou Kid in his research, so there must be some differences at least.
Shinichi's bloodtype CANNOT be AB since then he would be a universal acceptor for blood, during the case in which Conan was shot, the hospital ran out of his blood type, so Ran has to give a transfusion.
The Japanese population has a blood-type breakdown of:
~40% Type A
~30% Type O
~20% Type B
~10% Type AB

So Shinichi's blood-type most is most likely O (hospital ran out of Type O blood) or B (hospital ran out of Type O and Type B blood).

Granted, the incompatibility may be due to Rhesus factor, however, Rh(D) Neg blood is VERY rare in Asian populations (less than 1%).
yume_no_meitantei wrote: LOL they must likely have the same blood type and Rhesus antigen factor, if your stats are right, cause when an Rh+ blood is donated to an Rh- blood, the receiver will die. Of course the converse is not necessarily true, but most probably, their blood types and Rh factors are exactly the same.

If you ask me, the hospital must never run out of O Rh- blood (universal donor)because it's the best alternative if the other blood types have no stock at all (Well, but I guess it ran out in that particular case, or maybe Ran volunteered earlier before they planned using it. Using the same blood type is the safest after all).
stop dat u geeks
Aluecard

Post by Aluecard »

how about No  8)
;D
1980-2011/3
R.I.P
Rio Nagava

Post by Rio Nagava »

What about Kaitou's mother? =)
Did you know that this world does exist?
Your subconscious linked to it...
Are you sure that you have nothing to say?
Solera
Community Hero
Ichiro Kumori--My OC =D

Post by Solera »

err well even if you don't have the same blood type... you could be relatives[pls remember that o.o]
ImageImageImageImage