- Favorite Kaitou Kid Episode/OVA/Movie -

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
shadowfire1412

Re: - Favorite Kaitou Kid Episode/OVA/Movie -

Post by shadowfire1412 »

I have to say episode 76 where he first appeared and in movie 3 at the end. I have only seen 200 episodes so I can't really say these are my favorites as of now, but I'm sure that any episode he is in will be my favorite.
jelly_Ace

Post by jelly_Ace »

Definitely OAV 1 and EP 219 (the first part). OAV was so hilarious, and EP 219 was so cool. Both Shinichi's and Kaitou's coolness was showcased in the EP, while the OAV showed Kaitou's wacky side.  ;D
I am five evil steps ahead of you.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Yes, I also like Kaito very much, he's such a funny character.

I love when in the first especial part of Episode 219 says a wrong ID number and when he's on the air vent thinks that Nakamori is unusually clever tonight.

The Miracle Air Walk also surprised me, all the while wondering how the hell he did it.

Also, another episode with Kaito and Sonoko's uncle is quite cool, it's called "Teleportation" and it's only in manga. (Check "Latest Files") And he has an interesting talk with Conan in the middle of a crowd, saying that he goes by the three rules of some magician. Conan also surprises him in the middle of his supposed "Teleportation" and even kicks a ball on him, broking the monocle.

He's quite funny and I expect more appearances of him

Spimer
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Maruku
Community Hero
=P

Post by Maruku »

Actually, Kaitou didn't say the wrong ID number. He said it right, that's what got him caught. He has an unusual talent for remembering things normal people wouldn't and that gave him away. If you think about it, the other officers wouldn't gasp at hearing a long ID number because if you were right, that means everyone would know everyone else's IDs, which is just illogical. Knowing your own ID is logical, but it's a hard thing to do unless you make it your business to know, in which case you're probably one of few. So actually being able to recite his ID so boldly made him Kaitou Kid lol.
Lovely

Post by Lovely »

kat1214young wrote: The mid-air walk is cool but i always thought that he works alone. I never expected an accomplice. The gathered detectives cool too especially the part where he jumps out to save the lady but he was the one saved instead. Actually, I like all the episode he was in. Though the OVA's irritated me a bit because they kind of made Kaitou Kid a joke.
Actually, the OVA's tend to follow the Magic Kaito manga, so his goofiness is based on that. Not that I find anything wrong with that. I adore the goofy side of Kid ^___^ . (Kid's accomplice is from the manga too by the by.)
kirite
Cookie-Eating Moderating Machine
Chillin'

Post by kirite »

Fav Magic Kaito moment:

Aoko: "No no you got it all wrong, in reality Kaito Kid is...."

Police force:  "Is....?"

Aoko: "Is Gay!"

Kaito: -choke-  (ore ore!)

---

Ah~  goofy Kaito.  It's great to know he's human xD.

I totally fell in love with "cool" Kaito in the anime though xD.

(feels like Ayumi right now)
Hey, I have an idea, let's have a THIS SUCKS / NO THIS SUCKS / NO YOU / NO YOU argument for a couple pages, that will really be great. - Ingmar
Kuro-chan

Post by Kuro-chan »

I love all the episodes with Kaito KID, especially the Kaito KID Mangas themselves >3
But my favorite chapters in DC are "Magical Midair Walk" and "Teleportation". Kaito is such a genius! He tricked me all the way xD"
And I love the 8th Movie, Kaito is so hot in it!
bright_zero
Bright like the full moon, I illuminate the night.

Post by bright_zero »

probably the first part of 219, shows how great KID can decieve the police, and ofcourse the confrontation with shinichi... 356 is awesome as well, he entertains the whole crowd and he shows his skills as an magician.......^^ the cristal mother ova was great to, perhaps I liked it cause of the reference of holmes 
early name and the ''forest-tree'' trick....... as for the upcoming episodes.. I'm looking forward for the ''teleportation'' file, that would be a great episode... ;D
''When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.''
Akemi Tsuki Miyano
SuperSpecialAwesome !

Post by Akemi Tsuki Miyano »

I LOVED the 1st OVA, he was the funniest character in it XD but the 219 Too was good, the only DC episode that shows Kid as Kaito Kuroba, haha, it's good to see a couloured Kaito sometimes x3
In the movies, one of my favourite scenes is when Kid says "LADIES AND GENTLEMEEEN" from the top of the Tsutentaku. *_* The "Parachute vs Gliding Wing" of the 8th movie was awesome too, of course <3
A thief is an artist and an artist can be a thief XD
Kanelle

Post by Kanelle »

When it comes to which deduction I like best it would have to be the Miracle air walk.  However when it comes to them interacting My favorite has to be "Private eye Requiem".  I can't help but laugh at the conversations between Kid and the detectives during that case.  Especially when I see a comment under some random video from someone who haven't deduced what was going on.  *snort... chuckle*    ;)

I even saw a comment complaining that Hakuba was in the movie.  :D
Yoshimi Kurosaki
A Little Uncomfortable

Post by Yoshimi Kurosaki »

I liked OVA 4 where it showed him as Kuroba Kaito and had Aoko there.
Last edited by Yoshimi Kurosaki on June 17th, 2008, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midair walker
Never forget your poker face!

Post by Midair walker »

Midair walk favorite moment.... amazing trick used there.

Ahoko  ;D ;D  Bakaito  ;D ;D
"The one who pries for others' secrets is the one who's truly impolite" Kaitou Kid
HaibaraFan

Post by HaibaraFan »

My favorite episode was OVA 1 ^^
Image Image
Yizun

Post by Yizun »

Ohhh episode 76 definitely my favorite episode, was hilarious how he told Conan Ran was naked!

Then my favorite movie was Movie 8

Then my favorite OVA was the first one, he got owned so many times and the way he seduced the women was hilarious
SkyVenger
Community Hero
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Post by SkyVenger »

Of course I like the mid-air walk and the first part of 219, but I'd like to see the teleportation trick in the anime (currently, it's only in the manga)