KID figuring out Conan = Shinichi in Canonverse

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
Swagnarok

Re: KID figuring out Conan = Shinichi in Canonverse

Post by Swagnarok »

HAIBARA...... wrote:Well I think that kid knows about Conan true identity cz of his talks with Conan and in the movie I don't remember it's name when kid was disgised as shinichi in front of Conan that means that he is sure that shinichi will not apper
Please stop necroposting.
But to address what you wrote, several of the movies have Kaitou knowing Conan's identity, the first of these being Movie 3: "The Last Wizard of the Century". However, the movies are not considered canon. Even if they killed off Ran in one of the movies, nobody would take it too seriously for this reason.
taijimana

Post by taijimana »

While this post is back I've noticed something recently.

Conan isn't trying to hide his identity from Kid!

Conan is usually really careful about not being exposed yet around Kid he says things like.
"For future reference the professor doesn't call me Conan when no one is around" (during Kaito Kid and the Luna Memoria ch 965)

Also during the Ryoma case he told Kid his mother was born in Tosa and is an actress who played Ryoma's niece. It probably wouldn't be hard to find out that was Kudo Yukiko (ch733)

I wonder if there is a reason Aoyama is keeping it vague but if kid is curious enough the evidence is there for him to put together.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

taijimana wrote:"For future reference the professor doesn't call me Conan when no one is around" (during Kaito Kid and the Luna Memoria ch 965)
The "for future reference" part was due to inaccurate translation though.
taijimana

Post by taijimana »

Ah yeah that is always possible with scans. I've not seen the original do you know the more accurate translation?
or the original line in Japanese?

edit:
Nevermind I found it. he says:
それに、博士はオレと2人きりの時オレの事を「コナン君」とは呼ばねぇし…

so something like:
and besides, The professor doesn't call me "Conan-kun" when it is just the 2 of us.

He is still telling Kid that the professor calls him something other than Conan-kun. That is still pretty open to interpretation but I can't help but wonder if Aoyama is going somewhere with this. It would be interesting to see Kid's appearances lead to some kind of mini plotline.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

taijimana wrote:He is still telling Kid that the professor calls him something other than Conan-kun. That is still pretty open to interpretation but I can't help but wonder if Aoyama is going somewhere with this. It would be interesting to see Kid's appearances lead to some kind of mini plotline.
Kaito also seems to find out that Shuichi/Subaru is wearing a voice changer.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
taijimana

Post by taijimana »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Kaito also seems to find out that Shuichi/Subaru is wearing a voice changer.
I have also been thinking about that! Why did Aoyama let Kid find out about this? What is the point in him meeting Okiya/Akai. Especially after what happened with Sera. Is he going to meet Haneda Shukichi next?

What really shocked me was finding out Akai and Kid's father have the same voice actor in the anime! I went back nd checked and it has always been this actor for Toichi. I am getting a bit suspicious that there may be some connection to the Kuroba's and Akai's family. Just like it has been confirmed there is a connection between Shinichi and Kaito. (Aoyama confirm this 2 times of the first time he suggested he might not be able to go into it the second time he didn't add that so I'm hoping he's decided to write it in somewhere)

Or maybe Hakuba's family since both their mothers are British. Could be interesting but I don't think this is the case though. ;)

Something else to think about is he disguised himself as Shiho and listened to her voice. He is probably going to notice her features and voice are the same next time he sees her. That is if he didn't already notice from the beginning.

Really for someone who is not supposed to get involved with the main plot he's getting awfully close to it. I guess that could also be why he is the red herring of the series (Kid's Screenname during the magic lovers case)