14th Movie showdown!!:D

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
mangaluva

Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Re: 14th Movie showdown!!:D

Postby mangaluva » March 11th, 2010, 3:58 pm

ShinRanFTW wrote:REALLY hoping there's going to be more Kaito in this movie. The only other ones he's appeared in are 3 and 8, and for those he's disguised as other people for the majority of it so you don't know its him. Especially in movie 3  :'(

Same. Admittedly 8 did have Kid and Conan's most awesome fight to date at the start, but it kinda tailed off after that. Oh, he was in 10 too, but again he's disguised most of the time although the scene where he hands Miyama's ass to him is quite epic too. But it looks like he might be plot-centric this time, so maybe they won't dump on him. Maybe.

ShinRanFTW wrote:I have one of my never ending theories about why Kaito and Ran kiss, but it's probably wrong so I won't even bother mentioning it... :-\

I'm happy to hear any plausible theory that isn't "dream sequence/Shinichi's paranoid imaginings" XD
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom

Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Postby bluekaitou1412 » March 13th, 2010, 3:53 am

Don't get your hopes too high, folks.

Undisguised KID will only appear for not more than 5 minutes, including intro, kiss-Ran/witty-remark/duping-Conan/kickass-line sequence, and epilogue.

Trust me, I know.
Tenken

Postby Tenken » March 18th, 2010, 1:07 am

Ran-KID action? Nah, I don't believe it. There's a high chance the poster is fooling me ;D
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » March 18th, 2010, 3:01 am

Tenken wrote:Ran-KID action? Nah, I don't believe it. There's a high chance the poster is fooling me ;D

I wouldn't doubt it, considering raven chaser.

OH MAN IT'S A BLACK ORG MOVIE AMG... *cue an hour and a half of no black org* ...OH LOOK IT'S THE BLACK ORG but wait the movie's ending, gotta wrap this up!"
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Postby kkslider5552000 » March 18th, 2010, 1:08 pm

Akonyl wrote:OH MAN IT'S A BLACK ORG MOVIE AMG... *cue an hour and a half of no black org*

you know except the dream intro, Conan noticing Gin's car, multiple Gin and Vodka scenes, at least one Irish is Shadow Man scene, the Vermouth conversation

and that was only the first half, where after that the movie seemed to just remember that there was an actual case and not just random BO stuff
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
conanfan1

Whoever spreads rumors is someone who has no life

Postby conanfan1 » March 19th, 2010, 2:32 pm

WOW its been a LONG time since i visited this  site
abt movie 14 (since i havent watched 13 yet so cant comment on tht)
i dont think it will be that good since the people who make the movies are bent on making sure that kaito and conan dont talk for more than 5 min max (both in movies + episodes) i would really like to know the story behind the poster tho.
:D
i doubt its anything more than a dream or conans imagination but maybe it might be Kaito proving to ran tht conan is shinichi (i know it goes TOTALLY against the concept of movie 3 but these are my um....reasons :)  )
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » March 19th, 2010, 3:09 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:
Akonyl wrote:OH MAN IT'S A BLACK ORG MOVIE AMG... *cue an hour and a half of no black org*

you know except the dream intro, Conan noticing Gin's car, multiple Gin and Vodka scenes, at least one Irish is Shadow Man scene, the Vermouth conversation

and that was only the first half, where after that the movie seemed to just remember that there was an actual case and not just random BO stuff

I suppoooose.

But overall it just felt to me like less of a BO movie than it should have been (that is, the BO should have been involved more in the case itself, rather than just "random BO stuff" outside of when the "actual case" going on). I suppose this is a bit of backpedaling (as tbh I wasn't thinking of the vermouth conversation, I'd forgotten all about it :V), but it's still a lot less BO than I would want/expect a movie that has its entire name + branding being about the BO to have, and so my expectations aren't very high.

PS: Dream sequences don't count imo.
Jing

Not Just A Cluemaster

Postby Jing » March 19th, 2010, 4:08 pm

Akonyl wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:

I suppoooose.

But overall it just felt to me like less of a BO movie than it should have been (that is, the BO should have been involved more in the case itself, rather than just "random BO stuff" outside of when the "actual case" going on). I suppose this is a bit of backpedaling (as tbh I wasn't thinking of the vermouth conversation, I'd forgotten all about it :V), but it's still a lot less BO than I would want/expect a movie that has its entire name + branding being about the BO to have, and so my expectations aren't very high.

PS: Dream sequences don't count imo.

Should've followed 425's formula, with an assassination attempt by a new member.
Umandsf wrote:
Jing wrote:I work in mysterious ways.

That proves it, then. Jing = God. [white]Not really.[/white]
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Postby kkslider5552000 » March 19th, 2010, 5:26 pm

true and maybe it's because of lowered expectations but it was FAR better than it could have been

which reminds me. Every movie for now on should have a bunch of random references to random cases.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Xytan

Postby Xytan » March 19th, 2010, 8:49 pm

Anyone else gaggling over how its going to end? Considering a careful analysis of the preview has Ran being caressed gently by Kaitou KID with a romantic look in her eye as she whispers "Shinichi..." - Or the fact that at the top of the new Manga coming out has Ran <3's KID on the cover page...
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » March 19th, 2010, 9:04 pm

Xytan wrote:Anyone else gaggling over how its going to end? Considering a careful analysis of the preview has Ran being caressed gently by Kaitou KID with a romantic look in her eye as she whispers "Shinichi..." - Or the fact that at the top of the new Manga coming out has Ran <3's KID on the cover page...

I wouldn't put it past them to have that just be a dream sequence.
PokerFace312

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Postby PokerFace312 » March 20th, 2010, 2:11 am

I just watched the newest tailer (10 times ::)) and I just have one thing to say:
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Kaito and Ran... but... no... Ran and Shinichi.... and... and... Kaito and Aoko.... and.... and.... and................ WHY COULDN'T I HAVE BEEN BORN IN JAPAN?! WHY CAN'T THE MOVIE BE RELEASED WITH ENGLISH SUBS NOW?!?!?! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
My Fanfiction          My tumblr          My MAL
Xytan

Postby Xytan » March 20th, 2010, 2:23 am

Because the movie isn't released in regular Nihongo yet...

And likely the DCTP are going to delay its release because half of them are going to faint when they get a few minutes in anyways... from excitement that is.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » March 20th, 2010, 2:29 am

even when it does come out, DCTP won't sub it till the dvd release comes out so it'll be a while anyway.
Jing

Not Just A Cluemaster

Postby Jing » March 20th, 2010, 4:14 pm

Xytan wrote:Because the movie isn't released in regular Nihongo yet...

And likely the DCTP are going to delay its release because half of them are going to faint when they get a few minutes in anyways... from excitement that is.

You're lucky I'm not a teeny-bop fanboy. ;)
Umandsf wrote:
Jing wrote:I work in mysterious ways.

That proves it, then. Jing = God. [white]Not really.[/white]